Pool side manners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micol3

Earning My Ears
So this is why I found dog hair on the recliner chair. Not to mention if any kids have allergies to dogs. I love dogs, I have 2 and their vacation is not cheap. I am on vacation and don't take my dogs with me or want to wonder if I'm gonna step in any land mines.

So this is why I found dog hair on the recliner chair. Not to mention if any kids have allergies to dogs. I love dogs, I have 2 and their vacation is not cheap. I am on vacation and don't take my dogs with me or want to wonder if I'm gonna step in any land mines.
I do travel with my dog and there would be a chance that my towel could leave dog hair on a pool chair that I would use. and yes we clean up after her

Huh? Is there part of the post missing? Your first sentence says "so THIS is why I found dog hair on my recliner."
What is THIS? The subject title of the post sure doesn't give any clues. It's like you left out half the info of your post or something

As to why dog hair would be on the recliner chair, we have a long hair dog who sheds constantly and who's hair is EVERYWHERE. On all our clothes all the time. We often wonder about how much hair we eat, but that's another subject.... LOL He's never been to Disney but I bet you any amount of money his hairs have been. There's no way they haven't traveled as hitchhikers

You don't mention why you think it was there. Please keep in mind, although pet dogs are allowed in specified WDW resorts, service dogs are allowed at all of them and people who use service dogs cannot vacation without them. It's not a "choice". I also have a dog who sheds and I'm sure her fur is traveling with me wherever I go.

Disney decided to let guests bring their pet dogs (not just working dogs) to some of the resorts, and this is what happens. Like you, I love dogs, we foster and care for sick and abused dogs, etc., but I still don't want other people's pets at my vacation resort. I especially don't want to see dog hair on stuff while I'm on vacation. I have to clean up dog hair all of the time at home!

Last edited:
Oh yes... golden retriever hairs get everywhere . And never try walking past in a black suit as you will be picking off blonde hairs all day.

yes and German Shepherds . Our Sasha sheds so much, especially this time of year when it is so hot! We comb her with a "furminator" a couple of times a week. She is an inside dog and i have to vacuum the floors everyday. We have dark wood and her blonde hair shows easily. She is not "allowed" in the back 4 bedrooms but in the living room, our bedroom and she sleeps in our bathroom. I can't won't keep her outside during the day in the 100 degree heat. She is just an 80 pound baby- oh she has 2 sisters a 2 pound toy poodle -Ellie and an overweight ****zu -Pixie

Lint rollers are vital when you have animals who shed. Also, swiffer duster, sweeper and mop are great at control;ing the problem.

I love my fur babies, but I am not a fan of pets at the resorts.

Huh? Is there part of the post missing? Your first sentence says "so THIS is why I found dog hair on my recliner."
What is THIS? The subject title of the post sure doesn't give any clues. It's like you left out half the info of your post or something

As to why dog hair would be on the recliner chair, we have a long hair dog who sheds constantly and who's hair is EVERYWHERE. On all our clothes all the time. We often wonder about how much hair we eat, but that's another subject.... LOL He's never been to Disney but I bet you any amount of money his hairs have been. There's no way they haven't traveled as hitchhikers

Yeah, I don't have a long haired dog and her fur is everywhere. I haven't had a cat in 2 years and I still find his fur.....

I am also confused by the title of the post and the first post...

Something did dawn on me regarding the dog hair and allergy connection. Isn't it the dander that folks are allergic to? Not the hair itself? Dander comes off the skin from the hair of course but not sure it follows the hair around so much. But, we don't have any allergies so maybe I'm off base on that?

Oh yes... golden retriever hairs get everywhere . And never try walking past in a black suit as you will be picking off blonde hairs all day.
Our guy is a mix but looks like a black golden retriever. He has a Golden parent a few generations back (we had him tested) but he's got the undercoat of a Husky added in (he has Husky with both sides) So we have long flighty hairs and short fluffy hairs too.
And in our house, we don't you have issues with just black/dark or just white/light, or you get black dog hairs AND short black cat hairs plus we have a long blonde hair cat. We have no hope, LOL

Last edited:
Disney decided to let guests bring their pet dogs (not just working dogs) to some of the resorts, and this is what happens. Like you, I love dogs, we foster and care for sick and abused dogs, etc., but I still don't want other people's pets at my vacation resort. I especially don't want to see dog hair on stuff while I'm on vacation. I have to clean up dog hair all of the time at home!

Same here. Dog lover but we will not stay at any Disney resort that allows pets.

Would never bring my two corgis to Disney but for sure their hair has been there. I’d say its probably traveled the world with me. No avoiding it with two shed like crazy never seen anything like it corgis.

Something did dawn on me regarding the dog hair and allergy connection. Isn't it the dander that folks are allergic to? Not the hair itself? Dander comes off the skin from the hair of course but not sure it follows the hair around so much. But, we don't have any allergies so maybe I'm off base on that?

One can be allergic to animal hair, animal dander, or animal saliva, or any combination of the three. When you are allergy tested (I recently went through this myself), they test for all three components for dogs and cats. I am allergic to hair and dander for both, but not saliva. Allergies are to proteins, and there are different protein types that are present in hair, dander, and saliva.

This is why there is really no such thing as a "non allergenic" dog or cat. Even breeds that don't shed have dander and saliva.

I take my cats with me everywhere in the form of their fur on everything I own even after I have just washed the clothes and I swear it has never been in direct contact with any of them. I leave blobs of fur at my gym that comes off my gym clothes, even from a cat who passed away 3 months ago. It may well have been that there was a dog sitting there or just someone who has totally given up trying to de-fur themselves.

I have a lab and a beagle. I have never vacationed with them, but I do find their hair travels with me.

I had thought this thread was going to be about all of the guests who claim chair with towels, never to be seen again. Or screaming kids. Not sure where manners come in to play with dogs at pools, when service dogs are allowed everywhere.

That's a fair point, it's totally reasonable for a service dog to be poolside with their person. Although now I have this image of Spuds Mackenzie drinking Bud Light....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter