Pool Renovations (Pics Included)

I snuck a peak at the blueprints, and using my extensive training as an accountant I was able to figure out that the upgraded pool will be filled with some sort of liquid, possibly water.

:lmao:

can't wait to go back. it's been a wind chill of below zero here today.
goodnite.gif

Just received this letter from Disney in the mail today...

In order for Disney's Fort WildernessResort & Campground to continue to flourish as a magical destination, it is necessary for us to make enhancements from time to time.

If you have stayed with us before, you are most likely familiar with our Meadow Swimmin' Pool. While this swimming and recreation area has provided our Guests with enjoyment for many years, it is time to refresh its look. In mid-January 2009, we begin a refurbishment effort which will temporarily close the pool. We expect the work to be completed by late-March 2009.
For your swimming enjoyment, our resort's leisure pool will remain open during this time. We will also offer the Silver Creek Springs Pool located at Disney's Wilderness Lodge for Guests wishing to take advantage of this nearby experience.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this refurbishment project. We look forward to your upcoming stay with us...

So here's my question for you Fort Wilderness veterans...How close is the Wilderness Lodge? What is the Silver Creek Springs Pool like? And, will it be manageable for me to get my 6, 4 and 2 year olds to this pool and back (i.e., do we take the bus? How far, etc.)

Thanks!

Thats great news:cheer2: . The quickest and warmest way would be the bus. There are also boats that go there.

.....I snuck a peak at the blueprints, and using my extensive training as an accountant I was able to figure out that the upgraded pool will be filled with some sort of liquid, possibly water. Ok...so I have no idea what I was looking at....

laughing5.gif

Ok, this may not be news, but I can report that the water tower that was over by BBQ pavillion a week or so ago, was GONE when we took our last golf cart looping excursion 2 days ago.

Hmmm.... rumor had it that it was going to be part of the new pool rehab in some way. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ;)

very exciting news and great reporting of TCD proportions! lol

as for the bus to WL, just go to the settlement depot, a WL bus will be by in no time to take you there. you can also bike over (no carts allowed tho) OR walk but i wouldn't attempt it with little ones unless you have a nice sized stroller cause let me tell ya, its a hike but very enjoyable and you may even see a deer along the way!

glad this will be done for our trip in june, yay!

Does anyone have any updates to the pool renovation?? We're going to be down in June 2009 and can't wait (even if the pool hasn't been redone) :thumbsup2

We are looking forward to it and nothing to be sorry about.:thumbsup2

Just received this letter from Disney in the mail today...

In order for Disney's Fort WildernessResort & Campground to continue to flourish as a magical destination, it is necessary for us to make enhancements from time to time.

If you have stayed with us before, you are most likely familiar with our Meadow Swimmin' Pool. While this swimming and recreation area has provided our Guests with enjoyment for many years, it is time to refresh its look. In mid-January 2009, we begin a refurbishment effort which will temporarily close the pool. We expect the work to be completed by late-March 2009.
For your swimming enjoyment, our resort's leisure pool will remain open during this time. We will also offer the Silver Creek Springs Pool located at Disney's Wilderness Lodge for Guests wishing to take advantage of this nearby experience.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this refurbishment project. We look forward to your upcoming stay with us...

Thanks for posting this information!

I assume that you must have a trip scheduled for January?

I currently have reservations for President's Day weekend, so I should be able to see the work in progress, but maybe I need to pop over in January, too.

TCD

Ok, this may not be news, but I can report that the water tower that was over by BBQ pavillion a week or so ago, was GONE when we took our last golf cart looping excursion 2 days ago.

Hmmm.... rumor had it that it was going to be part of the new pool rehab in some way. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ;)

very exciting news and great reporting of TCD proportions! lol

as for the bus to WL, just go to the settlement depot, a WL bus will be by in no time to take you there. you can also bike over (no carts allowed tho) OR walk but i wouldn't attempt it with little ones unless you have a nice sized stroller cause let me tell ya, its a hike but very enjoyable and you may even see a deer along the way!

glad this will be done for our trip in june, yay!

I agree with Donna, that is huge news!

I didn't think that they would really use the River Country water tower in the new pool design, but its removal at this time would certainly suggest that the old water tower is going to be given a new life. Very interesting.

TCD

Hmmm.... rumor had it that it was going to be part of the new pool rehab in some way. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

You can take this one to the bank.

I bet there will be more ADULT KIDS than young kids using the Tower Slide because of old times sake.

Okay so someone mentioned the new pool renovation will be similar to the pool at Hilton Head. What does that look like? Is it similar to the Wilderness Lodge's??? Curious minds want to know!!! LOL!

Geez, if that's the model, then I can't imagine the old RC tower NOT being part of the renovation (fingers crossed!)... popcorn::

I just arrived home this evening after a week at the Fort, and had an interesting conversation with 2 CM's at the pool. While I was lounging around one afternoon this week, there were 2 CM's pouring over those same blueprints on a table at the far corner of the pool, near the deep end. They were then taking measurements of the length of the existing concrete pad, and pacing back and forth. While they were doing that, I snuck a peak at the blueprints, and using my extensive training as an accountant I was able to figure out that the upgraded pool will be filled with some sort of liquid, possibly water. Ok...so I have no idea what I was looking at, but I did ask a few questions and was told that, yes, the pool will be getting a slide feature very much like the one at the Hilton Head resort (which we have seen rumors on many times), and yes, the upgrades are to begin in January and should be completed by April. One of the CM's stated that, while the new pool will not be mistaken for a water park, the upgrades will bring it up to speed with most of the other resorts. Sounds good enough to me!

Im hope its done before March Break!!! I guess they will give us the go ahead to swim at the lodge? Kinda stinks....we love to spend most of our days relaxin' at the pool side...eatin' Mickey Bars....playin' some dodge ball...you know...the good life!!!:cool1: :yay: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter