Pool hours

disneypolybride2008

DIS Veteran
Hi, I thought the pools were open quite late but i saw a photo of the new Polynesian resorts' lava pool and it says 10am-8pm. Is that the normal, year round time? If it is, i won't be worried about noise if i get a pool view. However, i just thought it is so early that perhaps it would change. We'll be there in Oct.
When we stayed at the values, the pool was open til midnight.

There's been a change in pool hours within the last year. During non-peak swimming season the feature pool hours are 10am-8pm. During peak swimming season they are 9am-11pm. And with the majority of the feature pools having a fence with a locked gate those hours are strictly enforced.

As long as you're quiet, the quiet pools are 24hrs.

That means when lifeguards are available and the noise level is acceptable. After that time period, you may use the pool, but you may continue to obey all the rules and must be quiet for other resort guests.

I have many times slipped out on a solo trip at POR to one of the quiet pools, but I make sure I am very quiet in order to not disturb other guests, especially those who are located right next to the pool.

The pool hours at the Polynesian were always adjusted throughout the year. In the Summer the hours are longer to go along with the longer days and warmer temps. The biggest change is that the pool use to open at 7 AM and the closing hour was adjusted throughout the year. In the summer it use to close at Midnight.

The new posted hours are the hours that the gates will open when scanned so there will be no entry to the pool areas before or after hours. Each person in your group will have to have a magic band that accesses the pool gate and I am told they will use their portable scanners to check people or look for people without bands. This is nothing new. The pools at the Disneyland Hotel and the Grand Californian are gated and require a key to enter.

Storm-A-Long Bay has required each person to have a wrist band or magic band. In February my friend was walking into the pool area with her kids and the kids were not let in until they had their bands to scan.

Both Polynesian pools will be gated and hours of access will be limited.

The pool hours at the Polynesian were always adjusted throughout the year. In the Summer the hours are longer to go along with the longer days and warmer temps. The biggest change is that the pool use to open at 7 AM and the closing hour was adjusted throughout the year. In the summer it use to close at Midnight.

The new posted hours are the hours that the gates will open when scanned so there will be no entry to the pool areas before or after hours. Each person in your group will have to have a magic band that accesses the pool gate and I am told they will use their portable scanners to check people or look for people without bands. This is nothing new. The pools at the Disneyland Hotel and the Grand Californian are gated and require a key to enter.

Storm-A-Long Bay has required each person to have a wrist band or magic band. In February my friend was walking into the pool area with her kids and the kids were not let in until they had their bands to scan.

Both Polynesian pools will be gated and hours of access will be limited.
Is late August/early September still considered summer? We'll be staying there then, and we would love to swim after dinner and a day at the parks.

Well....this is very disappointing. I'm used to swimming in the early morning and after park closing. At Pop, there are always people in the pool, late and early. Is this because there is no fencing there? Will people still be able to swim at resorts where there is no fencing?

It's something that bothers me as well. In my opinion, ALL pools at ALL resorts should only close from about 2am to 6am for cleaning and maintanence. At the prices they're charging for rooms (especially at the Deluxes), everyone should be able to use the pools - and not just the "quiet" pools - and hot tubs if they wish upon returning to the resort after the parks close. I remember several years back, the main pool at CBR was indeed open 24 hours. A couple of times, I went over to the pool about midnight after a long day in the parks and relaxed in the hot tub for a bit. It was so nice and peaceful and felt so good after all the walking during the day. Shame you can't do hat anymore.

It's something that bothers me as well. In my opinion, ALL pools at ALL resorts should only close from about 2am to 6am for cleaning and maintanence. At the prices they're charging for rooms (especially at the Deluxes), everyone should be able to use the pools - and not just the "quiet" pools - and hot tubs if they wish upon returning to the resort after the parks close. I remember several years back, the main pool at CBR was indeed open 24 hours. A couple of times, I went over to the pool about midnight after a long day in the parks and relaxed in the hot tub for a bit. It was so nice and peaceful and felt so good after all the walking during the day. Shame you can't do hat anymore.
Yeah....I hear you loud and clear. I'm sure it's a liability issue for them. Everything that involves potential danger is always a liability issue of some kind. But...I'm making a mental adjustment because it is what it is. Sad...but true.

That means when lifeguards are available and the noise level is acceptable. After that time period, you may use the pool, but you may continue to obey all the rules and must be quiet for other resort guests.

I have many times slipped out on a solo trip at POR to one of the quiet pools, but I make sure I am very quiet in order to not disturb other guests, especially those who are located right next to the pool.
Apparently this is slowly "NOT" becoming the case. I've read that more resorts are enforcing pool hours. There are probably still those who do not....but it's coming!

We also are not happy with the shorter pool hours. We normally stay at POFQ, and there is only one pool. On the first trip with the shorter hours, we actually ended up cancelling some dinner ADR's for later in the trip so the kids could swim.
On our next trip, we just didn't make TS ADR's to begin with. We also find ourselves needing to leave the parks early to allow time to get back to the hotel, change, and swim. I could care less about the pools, but that is a big part of the vacation for our kids.

I guess if there's plus side... it is a money saver for our family. Where we used to reserve TS dinners, or head to Disney Springs in the evenings, now we just come back to the resort and eat Pizza or whatever so the kids can swim.

I was there Feb 2018, and the oasis pool was definitely open longer than the Lava pool. I believe we got back to the resorts around 10pm +/-, and when we walked by from the TCC the oasis pool was going strong (and pretty loud). The Lava pool was closed for the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter