Pool hop or Volcano bay

terryellen1

Earning My Ears
First timer question

We are staying at Royal Pacific next week with 11 yr old for 4nights/5 days. Originally I assumed that the weather would not be conducive to much time at either the pool or VB. Now it looks like very warm!! 90 on Wednesday! Should we get the 3 park tickets or is there a great pool we should head to one afternoon? We usually do Disney and head back to the hotel after lunch and hang out at the pool so if we did this at Universal which pool would you suggest and how would we best get there? Thanks so much for the help!
If we did VB one day should we head there first thing?

It really depends on what works for your family, and how much you’re willing to travel for the pools. Royal Pacific has a water playground but no slides, hard rock has the most energetic pool with a slide and speakers blasting music underwater, and cabana bay has two pools (one with a slide, one with a lazy River) but is a farther walk from the other resorts.

Here is a great article from touring plans (https://touringplans.com/blog/getting-to-know-universal-hotel-pool-showdown/).

We haven't been to Volcano Bay so I can't speak to that. I know that some people love it, but for our family of 5 the added cost hasn't made sense yet for what my family would do. My kids were 12, 10 and 8 on our last stay at Royal Pacific and they don't love that pool because it doesn't have a slide. BUT we walked over to Sapphire Falls and they LOVED that pool and slide, and we also took a boat to Hard Rock and they liked that one too.

It honestly might be worth it to put together a pool tour and do all of the pools in one day. I haven’t been to volcano bay either, so not sure what price I’d pay to go, but I’d definitely consider a pool tour depending on the cost.

It honestly might be worth it to put together a pool tour and do all of the pools in one day. I haven’t been to volcano bay either, so not sure what price I’d pay to go, but I’d definitely consider a pool tour depending on the cost.
Great idea!

Hi there, I know you asked about pool hopping vs VB but I did want to mentioned that Aquatica water park currently has a promo on tickets, they are starting at 34.99. Next Wednesdays tickets are in fact 34.99. Aquatica is a great park and not too far from universal resort. Happy planning and I hope you enjoy the heat.

Hi there, I know you asked about pool hopping vs VB but I did want to mentioned that Aquatica water park currently has a promo on tickets, they are starting at 34.99. Next Wednesdays tickets are in fact 34.99. Aquatica is a great park and not too far from universal resort. Happy planning and I hope you enjoy the heat.
Thank you...I will check it out!

VB is great. If you have the opportunity I wouldn’t miss out on going there. However, if you are just looking to relax by the pool VB might not be the best choice. It’s not really worth the cost, if you just want to unwind while taking a break from the park.
If you decide on staying at the pool, you can always go to YouTube for videos on each hotels pools.

I'm sure someone has already answered this, but I didn't find it in my search. Confirming that Universal resorts pools are heated in the winter?
Specifically RPR in late December? thanks!

VB is really amazing. We have done every Orlando water park over the years and VB is our favorite by far. There really are a lot of options for all age groups. Kids seems to LOVE the water roller coaster. The sandy beach is really well done and there are lots of slides for every thrill (or non thrill) seeking level. The family raft rides are also a lot of fun. There are two rivers, one is a lazy river with tunes and then there is a fast river you wear PFDs in. The virtual lines are great and keep you from spending your whole day waiting in lines. I really think it's worth the money, especially if you can upgrade your tickets to make it happen

I'm sure someone has already answered this, but I didn't find it in my search. Confirming that Universal resorts pools are heated in the winter?
Specifically RPR in late December? thanks!
We were there for Thanksgiving in 2018 and the RPR pool was definitely heated then.

If you want to pool hop and hit Sapphire Falls and Cabana Bay you can experience a bit. I've only been to a couple of the pools but from the POVs Sapphire looks to have the best water slide (or at least tied with Hard Rock). And Cabana Bay has a really nice lazy river, and a simple slide in the other pool. Between the two you can get a decent water park experience with a nice slide or two and a lazy river. If you got to Cabana Bay just for the lazy river though you might want to call and check if/when it's open. When we stayed there last fall it was only open for a few hours each day.

While pool hopping, let's say while staying at RPR and want to hop to HRH, if you walk thru CW to the HRH and enter directly into the pool area, will the RPR room key open the pool gate at HRH?
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter