Pool Availability?

I just received an email with this wording:

"We look forward to seeing you in August. You’re in for an excellent vacation at the most magical place on Earth! Whether you spend your time enjoying our four exciting Theme Parks or simply relaxing by the pool at Disney's Pop Century Resort, the possibilities for fun are endless! See you real soon! "

So I'm guessing they think the pool experiences will still be pretty good if they're still sending out emails that specifically bring up the pools. I think if the pools were going to see any major restrictions, they wouldn't be sending out emails blabbing about how great it will be to hang out at them, kwim? :) At least I hope not! :)

I think the question is at what capacity? If the pools only allow 50% capacity does it become a situation where you can't enter the pool in the middle of the day in July? If so, that is a major issue for us. The other question is if they require masks when on the pool deck.
I'm honestly wondering if 50% capacity is even workable at this time. Think about that - it's like removing every other chair - that's not really going to spread people out enough. Could even be more like 1/3rd capacity in the early re-opening stages.

And with the couple weeks of 'resort only' stays before the parks open, seems like the pools and Disney Springs will be the only entertainment available. Maybe some of those satellite DVC pools will finally get some use! Then they can spread people out a bit more!

I know swim clubs around where I live are requiring reservations where you get a 4 hour window to use the pool. They are then making 10 feet x 10 feet squares that you have to stay in when not in the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter