Poncho's

emilysmom09

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me what color the poncho's are that you can buy in the parks? I want to buy mine before I go and get a different color so we don't blend in with everyone else.

Thanks!!

They are yellow. I buy the chear, cheapie Coleman ponchos at Target and chuck them after the rain is over.

They are no longer yellow. I was at MGM today and it has been raining all day. The new ponchos are clear with Mickey on them.

When I was there in February, WDW was selling clear ponchos, just like the yellows with the Mickey on them. I figured it was for security/shoplifting. You can't hide anything under them while you slip out of a shop.

Can't beat the Target/Coleman ponchos. I bought them for 87¢ each! Beats the 7-8 bucks in the parks.....

duds

Laugh O. Grams said:
When I was there in February, WDW was selling clear ponchos, just like the yellows with the Mickey on them. I figured it was for security/shoplifting. You can't hide anything under them while you slip out of a shop.

Or perhaps because - with the exception of Big Bird- no one looks good in that color! lol :rotfl:

The "official" reason I was given for the clear ponchos was that parents could not identify their children when they all had yellow ponchos on. I think the shop lifting reason makes more sense.

They're not yellow anymore, they are clear. We just had to buy some more =(

Dollar Tree has them 2 for a buck, but they are clear as well.

You will see some yellow ones from days past but the majority being worn are clear now.

I bought one a few weeks ago at Epcot and it was clear with Mickey on the back. They were $7 for an adult size, but they are thicker than I thought without being too smothering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter