Polynesian stay and 'Ohana

Lyn-CA

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has been asked before. We're stayng 3 nights at the Poly at the end of June. I've been trying to get an 'Ohana ressie but so far no luck.

If we don't end up getting a ressie, can we recreate the meal in our room, i.e., take out from 'Ohana or room service?

Also, any hints as to how to get into 'Ohana as an actual Poly resort guest would be much appreciated.

Pre-COVID, Private Dining (aka, room service) offered a “Twilight Feast” which was basically the ‘Ohana menu… and tons of it. It was quite popular. Unfortunately Private Dining is currently only offered at GF and it’s TBD when and/or if it returns to other resorts. I personally do hope it returns as it was the one unique Disney room service offering that really worked well, IMO.

As for getting a reservation, I’d try the “Join Walk-Up List” option in the app - but you’re going to need to be prepared to dine early… like shortly after opening (they open at 3:30, so really early for dinner) or before the bigger dinner rush. YMMV with things like the Walk-Up List on any given Disney day, but it’s worth a shot.

Enjoy your trip!

Last edited:
Any info I provide is several years old and also pre-covid.
There were several trips where we couldn't get 'Ohana reservations. We went to the checkin desk as soon as they opened and put our name on the standby list. Always got in. That being said it was usually 45 minutes to an hour wait, an the entire dining party had to be there.

I’ve heard you can order many of the same items at the lounge next door. I’m sure there’s a thread in here about it somewhere.

You can always try do the walk up list. We had luck in may with it. We logged in right at the time the restaurant opened. Granted we had to wait about an hour to be seated but it still is an option.

You can always try do the walk up list. We had luck in may with it. We logged in right at the time the restaurant opened. Granted we had to wait about an hour to be seated but it still is an option.
Was just gonna say this. We did this the day we arrived. Had originally planned to hang by the pool and eat there quick service or poolside that first evening but the pool was temporarily closed due to lightning in the area. We put our name down at Ohana 5:30 and got a text at 6:30 that our table was ready (and of course the pool opened up 15 mins before that and my kids were happily swimming and it was a whole thing to get them to get out for dinner, lol).

Check out Tambu Lounge and see if they’ll let you order the same items as what is served in ‘Ohana.

Yeah, Tambu Lounge will sometimes allow you to order a couple of the popular 'Ohana dishes even if they aren't on Tambu's own menu. This is usually limited to the noodles and the bread pudding.

Lots and lots of dining reservations open up day before. I'd be very surprised if you can't find something. Provided 1, you are not picky about time and 2, you don't have a huge party.
Also, how many are you booking for? If it's an odd number maybe try an even number (add 1)
There's no penalty for showing up with 1 less. Disney's booking system is quirky and sometimes odd tables are left out even if there's openings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter