Polynesian Resort?

mickeyboy18

Earning My Ears
Does any body have any pics for this resort or information on discounts for this resort. Plus i've been hearing that it has a funky smell does it?

We've been there several times and never noticed a "funky smell". Ocassionally you smell an "earthy" smell from all the plants outside - but that's it.

Can't wait to be there again in November!

I can't start any trip to Disney World w/o smelling the lobby of the Polynesian first, even when we aren't staying there. The tropical fragrance brings back wonderful childhood memories and is everything Disney to me.

I'll be there in 2 days for the first time as an adult. DH knows if he can't find me, I'll be sitting in the lobby taking it all in.

I was there for one night,, wished I had stayed more. It is a clean hotel, no smell, I made sure, I had a LV in Hawaii, I am going to try to post the view I had from my room. ARGH, I dont know how to do it. DARN!

Some people swear the Poly smells but I have been there numerous times and I have never smelled anything! The lobby has a huge atrium with a water fall and plants but I still do not notice an odor. Poly is a beautiful resort with very large rooms (they sleep 5) and some fantastic room views. Sitting outside on the beach at night and watching the electrical water parade or MK fireworks is magical! The also have an excellent restaurant there Kona cafe! Their meals are outstanding! Many people also like O'hana, we are not big fans but we love Kona Cafe, Poly recently refurbished their main pool and it is very nice, their pool bar is great, and it is very conveniently located to MK via the monorail.

the poly is a great resort...awesome theme, monorail, kona's for breakfast (tonga toast), ohana's for dinner (skewers of beef, shrimp, pork), volcano pool, tropical smell...you'll love it

The only thing that "stinks" about the Polynesian is that you eventually have to leave! ;)

We've stayed there twice and are having a hard time deciding to stay anywhere else. We love the Polynesian. Our 5 year old son now loves to wear Hawaiian shirts and still says Aloha! The only reason we are going to stay somewhere else is cost.

Both times we stayed there, we started our vacation somewhere else before arriving at Disney, but it wasn't until we got to the Polynesian that we relaxed and felt like we were on vacation.

:jester:

We too stayed at the Poly recently (mid-May) and loved it. After all this talk of smells on these Boards, we were really trying to notice something, but couldn't and we were staying in a smoking optional on the third floor of Hawaii. The convenience of the monorail and the walk to TTC was great plus the Neverland Club and the volcano pool. It is just great. My wife wants to try CR next (in two years), but I think I will lobby hard to return to the Poly.

Also, Ohana's was just fabulous, not sure why someone would not like it. Of all the restaurants we have been to in our three trips in the last 7 years, it was the best for food and service. I highly recommend it.

PS - We did concierge and found that it virtually paid for itself in breakfast, snacks, dinner and dessert costs.

We just got back on Monday...were there for 4 of our 11 nights at WDW.
While we were there we only noticed 2 distinct smells......cigarettes and gas (from the torches)

When I made resservations, I requested non-smoking and first floor. The only first floor they said they had was in Samoa which is smoking. I figured.."how bad could it be??" So I said "I'll take it." Well, when I walked into the building the smoke smell was "overwelming"!! But, I figured maybe it was just the hall. When I walked into the room....still smelled it! After about 5 minutes....I couldn't stand it anymore!
So ended up asking for something else....ended up with first floor in Tokelau!!! It was perfect!!!

Then at about 6pm...we went for a walk....we could smell the gas from the torches. They had just turned them on to light them. The smell was very strong for about 10 minutes, then it was fine.

But we smelled nothing else!!

You will LOVE this resort....we did!!:Pinkbounc

The Poly is one of my top 5 favorite resorts. I'm sure you'll have a good time there!

We love the Poly. It has a wonderful combination of relaxed atmosphere with great transportation to MK and Epcot. Add a friendly staff with large rooms and you have our idea of paradise at WDW. Try it...I bet you'll love it.

I Like the Poly, it has a very nice pool and the rooms are unique looking. it also has the MONORAIL!! which is very good.. i like this resort

We're DVC members but love the Poly so much that we our first DVC stay was there. And although we enjoy the DVC accommodations, I'm sure we'll stay there again on points. It's beautiful and relaxing. I love looking at our photos from the times we've stayed there. You truly feel like you're somewhere tropical. Plus, we are MK lovers, and the location can't be beat. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter