Polynesian or Yacht Club ...Which one?

I have not stayed at the YC, but we have stayed many times at both the Poly and the BC. While we love the YC/BC pool, it is a really big area. It works out great when we are traveling with a large group, and the kids can stay together, but with just you and your son, I would choose the Poly. It has a great pool area, and since it is smaller, the kids always find others to play with so you can relax and still keep an eye on him. I would also mention that even though my son is a pretty strong swimmer, the lazy river at the YC is very deep (maybe 7 or 8 feet) and makes me nervous if he is on his own.

That said, I would pick the Poly over anywhere else just for the location and grounds. I love the relaxed feel of the resort as well as the prime location on the monorail.

I have stayed at both and prefer Yacht club--BUT my family members are all huge fans of Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Since your son is a big MK fan, Poly would have the advantage for your family.
Also, in my experience when I've been booking resorts, the poly has been much more expensive than yacht club. It sounds like you are getting a great deal (or maybe I just get bad ones? ;) ) so it would be worth taking advantage of!

Yes - The total cost for the stay is only $62 difference, I am getting a GREAT deal and for that reason as well as location I did decided on the Poly. I am sooo excited and I haven't decided yet to tell my son or just surprise him when we get there. :teeth:

You will love the Poly! Enjoy the planning, have a great trip :wizard:.

We've done both, twice.

Imho, if you've never been to either yet, then choose the Poly. Also, I actually like being toward the east of the resort closer to the 3 min walk to the TTC. It's like having a personal monorail direct to MK or Epcot.

A little late, but just had to give some love to the Poly pool. It's my DS12's favorite pool ever, and if it were up to him he would stay there all day every day!

Enjoy your trip! Have fun at the Poly!!

I've never stayed at the YC, so I can't speak for that, but we LOVE the Poly. It's very welcoming and cozy. We love having Dole Whips on hand whenever we want one. It's also great that if you don't want to be at MK for the fireworks show and beating the crowds, you can watch it right from the beach or the pool at the Poly. Also Ohana is our favorite restaurant to either breakfast w/Lilo and Stitch or for dinner.

I have an 11 year old boy and we chose YC over any of the monorail resorts for one reason- the pool! We plan on spending a lot of resort/pool time so the pool is a deal maker!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter