Polynesian - Credit on balance at check-out?

We just got back and had a bad experience with money. In the past, when booking room only, I've sent extra money to Disney and we always had a credit balance on check-in. This time we booked through the WDTC. When sending in the final payment, I purposely overpaid by $40 something. When I called to check, they said I had a credit. I asked if I could send more money and they said "sure". So I sent another $500. We had originally booked 2 rooms as two brothers were coming with us. Due to illness we had to cancel their room 3 days before we arrived. I called and asked about the refund. They said it gets refunded the same as payment, which they assumed was a credit card. I paid by check, so they said "Oh, you'll have a nice credit on your room when you arrive."
In short, when we arrived, they had no record of any money (over $3200). It took a long time and a manager to get it straightened out and the next day we had the credit.
Of course, we didn't spend it all and had about $2300 left on our room credit. I gave it two weeks and had not received a check so I called Disney. They told me that they credited it to my charge card that I used at check-in! I was surprised as I had not charged it in the first place. Now I either have to write out a check from my charge account to pay my brothers back or wait quite a while for Disney to correct it's mistake.
So, I'll never send extra money to Disney again!

Haven't you guys seen the ads for the travelers check CARDs from American Express. Instead of paper travelers checks the give you a prepaid credit card (kinda like the walmart gift cards that you can recharge). So there is the convienence of a credit card with the confidence of the prepaid travelers checks. And not all the signing!!!:rolleyes:

Ask about the card wherever you would get travelers checks.

-Rachael

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter