Poly - where to stay?

martinrmn

DIS Veteran
HELP!! We are due to stay at the Polynesian for 5 nights in December. We have never stayed here before and I was wondering which of the longhouses people have stayed in and recommend. We are not fussy about which floor we stay on, we don't mind walking but would like to have a good view of Magic Kingdom. We are not staying concierge and have not booked a direct view of MK. There are three of us, Donna wife, John 9 and me. :thumbsup2

If you've not booked an MK view then you almost certainly won't get a good one, and have a slim chance of half a sideways one. If you're in garden (standard) view you will have a garden/pool view. Lagoon view gets a view of the lake, with MK view giving a guarantee of MK/Castle view.

You say you haven't booked concierge or MK view, but don't say whether you have booked lagoon view or garden view.

If you have reserved a lagoon view room then my personal recommendation is to request the Tahiti longhouse. This is one of the more modern longhouses with larger rooms and double sinks in the bathroom (in fact, these are the largest standard rooms on WDW property). In addition, Tahiti offers wonderful views over Bay Lake and there is direct access to the beach from the first floor rooms (i.e. no pathway). Tahiti is also the closest longhouse to the TTC, meaning you can be on the monorail to MK or EPCOT in just minutes.

Check out http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/ for lots of wonderful Polynesian Resort information! :goodvibes

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter