Poly - Standard Villas / End of October

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.
Do the Poly standard villas usually get rented before 7 months.
I have been trying to find someone to do a Poly point transfer for almost two months and
that doesn't seem to be like it is going to work. I can get an SSR transfer and use at 7 months
for Poly but not sure how quickly they book up. I do have an owner that I have used in the past
that I would be comfortable using but thought the transfer would be the least worry.

I would need two studio rooms, for three nights, October 30, October 31, November 1.

Would you use an owner that you have used in the past and book at 11 months or get a transfer in and book at 7 months.

Thank you.

There are 288 Standard View Studios at PVB which is the single largest studio booking category.

There are 288 Standard View Studios at PVB which is the single largest studio booking category.

Thank you.
I have read the thread about what gets booked/not booked at certain months but not sure about the last couple of years.
If it were you, and you needed two rooms for those dates, would you wait and book right at 7 months or use a stranger that you have
used before and book at 11 months? I want to wait and be in charge of the ressie but not sure what to do.

If I were to get a transfer in, does it matter what UY on my side or the side that would transfer in to me?
I have an SSR September UY. Does it matter what UY I use for the transfer.
The dates are October 30, October 31, November 1, 2020. Thank you.

I would say how bad do you want the rooms? Is it worth giving up control?

One option is to book one with the owner at 11 months and take your chances at 7 For the other.

In terms of UY, they points have to be valid for an October 2020 trip. If they are the same resort and UY that you own, they will show up online and you can book with them at 8 am the morning of your 7 month window,

If they are either a different UY OR a different home resort as what you own, you have to call to use them, which is an hour later on the booking day. That hour could make a difference.

I would say how bad do you want the rooms? Is it worth giving up control?
I'm willing to risk it if there is a 70 pct chance.

One option is to book one with the owner at 11 months and take your chances at 7 For the other.
I would just do transfer or have the owner book.

In terms of UY, they points have to be valid for an October 2020 trip. If they are the same resort and UY that you own, they will show up online and you can book with them at 8 am the morning of your 7 month window,
Thank you. This is very helpful information. So if I saw an SSR September UY for transfer, that would be my best way to go.
What UY do they need to transfer into for me. September 2020 UY? Also what UY do they need to have to transfer to me?
I get very confused.

If they are either a different UY OR a different home resort as what you own, you have to call to use them, which is an hour later on the booking day. That hour could make a difference.
So, the only way I would NOT have to call if it were the same resort and UY Month, correct?

Thank you so much!

Poly has a lot of rooms, but the competition for them is intense (thank you bungalows) but their sheer number does help the situation. How fast can you get an SSR transfer? If you can get one quickly, you can keep trying to get poly points until say 8 months out?

I have been able to get in at 7 months the two times I tried, the more recent one, this past sept, I could not get all 8 of my nights, so I took the first 4 and settled for a split stay.

Do you need a transfer? can you not just make a reservation thru a broker? how much additional will it cost

Since transferred points can be banked..but not borrowed...someone can transfer you 2019 UY points. All months, except Dec UY, would need to be banked.

OR you could look for 2020 UY points..except Dec UY. In that case, you would not need to bank.

But I’d you want to see and use them online, they would need to be your resort and UY...SSR Sept UY.

Poly has a lot of rooms, but the competition for them is intense (thank you bungalows) but their sheer number does help the situation. How fast can you get an SSR transfer? If you can get one quickly, you can keep trying to get poly points until say 8 months out?

I have been able to get in at 7 months the two times I tried, the more recent one, this past sept, I could not get all 8 of my nights, so I took the first 4 and settled for a split stay.

Do you need a transfer? can you not just make a reservation thru a broker? how much additional will it cost

Thank you. I have always been able to get Poly LV at 7 months for 8 nights the last few times but the fact that it is end of October is what makes me more nervous. The time of year. If I make through a broker, I am still using an actual owner that could still cancel a reservation at any time, isn't that correct? I thought I read about this happening at David's once, maybe twice?
I felt I could have more control with a transfer. I have used an owner before for other trips, so I would just use the same person
since in the end it's about trust I guess.

Since transferred points can be banked..but not borrowed...someone can transfer you 2019 UY points. All months, except Dec UY, would need to be banked.

OR you could look for 2020 UY points..except Dec UY. In that case, you would not need to bank.

But I’d you want to see and use them online, they would need to be your resort and UY...SSR Sept UY.
Thank you VERY much.
So is this correct:

My best bet would be for an SSR September transfer, which I see on the Rent/Trade board now.

If I found a SSR September Transfer, I would ask them to transfer to either my 2019 or 2020 UY, it wouldn't matter to me but
it would be much better for me whatever UY they were transferring 2019 or 2020 for them to do the same on my side so I can see in my Dashboard. Is this correct? I can make my own ressie.

If I cannot find anyone with a September SSR UY for transfer, I can find anyone with any points/resort to do a transfer into my
2019 points. Is this correct? But, I will need to call MS to make my ressie.

If I cannot find anyone with a September SSR UY for transfer, I can find anyone with any points/resort to do a transfer into my 2020 points, with the exception of December 2020. But I will need to call MS to make my ressie.

Thank you very much!

Thank you. I have always been able to get Poly LV at 7 months for 8 nights the last few times but the fact that it is end of October is what makes me more nervous. The time of year. If I make through a broker, I am still using an actual owner that could still cancel a reservation at any time, isn't that correct? I thought I read about this happening at David's once, maybe twice?
I felt I could have more control with a transfer. I have used an owner before for other trips, so I would just use the same person

Thank you VERY much.
So is this correct:

My best bet would be for an SSR September transfer, which I see on the Rent/Trade board now.

If I found a SSR September Transfer, I would ask them to transfer to either my 2019 or 2020 UY, it wouldn't matter to me but
it would be much better for me whatever UY they were transferring 2019 or 2020 for them to do the same on my side so I can see in my Dashboard. Is this correct? I can make my own ressie.

If I cannot find anyone with a September SSR UY for transfer, I can find anyone with any points/resort to do a transfer into my
2019 points. Is this correct? But, I will need to call MS to make my ressie.

If I cannot find anyone with a September SSR UY for transfer, I can find anyone with any points/resort to do a transfer into my 2020 points, with the exception of December 2020. But I will need to call MS to make my ressie.

Thank you very much!

Yes, you have it correct! Points that match what you have exactly will show up and can be used online. Points that don’t, have to be used via phone..that includes if you had to modify a reservation.

Yes, you have it correct! Points that match what you have exactly will show up and can be used online. Points that don’t, have to be used via phone..that includes if you had to modify a reservation.

THANK YOU again. AND, I can only get a December transfer of 2019, which I can bank. I cannot get a December transfer for 2020.
Is that correct? No matter what resort.

It is possible, but I am pretty sure you are protected(insured) and once or twice in how many thousands of transactions?

There is always trust in play, with a transfer, the transferring person either has to make the transfer then trust you will pay him, or you have to pay him and trust he will make the transfer.

Also transfers are limited to 1 per contract per year, so ppl might be more reluctant to do them just for that reason.

The number of rants you hear about Davids does greatly exceed the horror stories.

You have to do what you are comfortable with, a broker is just another option.

THANK YOU again. AND, I can only get a December transfer of 2019, which I can bank. I cannot get a December transfer for 2020.
Is that correct? No matter what resort.

Correct, A October 2020 trip takes place in a Dec 2019 UY. Since transferred points can not be borrowed, Dec 2020 UY points would not be eligible for that trip

Correct, A October 2020 trip takes place in a Dec 2019 UY. Since transferred points can not be borrowed, Dec 2020 UY points would not be eligible for that trip

Thank you SO much!

Keep in mind that you have to call MS to use transferred points. That means everyone else who wants Poly at 7 months will have at least an hour's head start on booking those rooms. (Could be longer, depending on hold times).

10/30 - 11/1 will be a popular weekend. If staying at the Poly is important, my advice is to rent (or transfer in Poly points) before the 7th month window opens.

Keep in mind that you have to call MS to use transferred points. That means everyone else who wants Poly at 7 months will have at least an hour's head start on booking those rooms. (Could be longer, depending on hold times).

10/30 - 11/1 will be a popular weekend. If staying at the Poly is important, my advice is to rent (or transfer in Poly points) before the 7th month window opens.

Thank you.
My UY is September for SSR.
But, is it correct as stated above, if I get a transfer in of SSR September UY points, I can do the booking on my own at 7 months?

Thank you.
My UY is September for SSR.
But, is it correct as stated above, if I get a transfer in of SSR September UY points, I can do the booking on my own at 7 months?
Yes, if use years & resort both match, the points should show up in your online account.

No worries. You will have no issue getting those days by stalking, if they are not there at seven months. And we know you're already skilled at that!

Polynesian nights, especially standard, go in and out of the system like no other. I once pieced together 11 nights there over Christmas and NYE, at around five months out.

My suggestion is to use your SSR points, not transferred points.
Why? Well we would have to pick you up at the insane asylum seeing a night come up and then having to phone MS to nab it. Not the most fun game to play. Especially if you see it after hours, forgetting not to bother looking at those times.

I prefer see and steal and D.O.N.E. done! Insert smile.

No worries. You will have no issue getting those days by stalking, if they are not there at seven months. And we know you're already skilled at that!

Polynesian nights, especially standard, go in and out of the system like no other. I once pieced together 11 nights there over Christmas and NYE, at around five months out.

My suggestion is to use your SSR points, not transferred points.
Why? Well we would have to pick you up at the insane asylum seeing a night come up and then having to phone MS to nab it. Not the most fun game to play. Especially if you see it after hours, forgetting not to bother looking at those times.

I prefer see and steal and D.O.N.E. done! Insert smile.

Your post made me smile lol. Thanks. Counting the three night stay, I also have two one week stays for September 2020 and February 2021 usinf the points so I do need a transfer. I am sort of confident I can find a SSR September trade before March and I really appreciate what you said about days coming and going at the Poly. You have given me hope and thanks for the stalking shout out lol

I will wait to see if I can get an SSR September transfer. Do you agree. Is that what you mean by using my SSR points. You are correct. I would go insane if I saw a date pop up and couldnt get unless I called or after hours. I need an exact transfer to match my own points, which I think I can wait and find.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
I will wait to see if I can get an SSR September transfer. Do you agree. Is that what you mean by using my SSR points.

I simply read too quickly and didn't realize that you needed a transfer regardless.

But still no worries, if the days are not there you will get them by stalking or waitlist.

Happy Thanksgiving to you. My feast was in October (Canadian).

Enjoy the holiday and your loved ones.

I simply read too quickly and didn't realize that you needed a transfer regardless.

But still no worries, if the days are not there you will get them by stalking or waitlist.

Happy Thanksgiving to you. My feast was in October (Canadian).

Enjoy the holiday and your loved ones.
Thank you.
I am going to wait for a September SSR transfer. You brought to my attention about the possibility of stalking and didnt think I would have to call MS each time. With an exact transfer, I can do all this myself. Wish I would have had this figured out earlier but I still have time to watch. SSR points seem easy enough just have to wait for September.

Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter