Poly pics thread

Disneytrip20131130thru1206763.jpg

We could never afford to stay in the Polynesian, but a snafu and a poorly handled problem at the Contemporary this past April for DH's work conference led to one complimentary night at any Deluxe Resort. We used it for our last night of our vacation at the Polynesian this past Monday night.

It was absolute heaven.

We were in Tuvalu Room 3048 with the most wonderful theme park view I could imagine.

The view that night (with zoom lens):

IMG_5865.JPG

At dawn the next morning (without zoom):

IMG6060.jpg

Hopefully this will work to see the whole set, since copying each URL is kind of a pain:

Our Polynesian Stay

We could never afford to stay in the Polynesian, but a snafu and a poorly handled problem at the Contemporary this past April for DH's work conference led to one complimentary night at any Deluxe Resort. We used it for our last night of our vacation at the Polynesian this past Monday night.

It was absolute heaven.

We were in Tuvalu Room 3048 with the most wonderful theme park view I could imagine.

IMG_5865.JPG

IMG6060.jpg

Hopefully this will work to see the whole set, since copying each URL is kind of a pain:

Our Polynesian Stay

Oh, wow. That is my idea of heaven, too. So glad you got to experience the beauty of all of it. :)

[URL=http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/Brandres/media/IMG_1866_zps4ffeb571.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/Brandres/media/IMG_0889_zpsf4faafef.jpg.html][/URL]

It was absolute heaven.

IMG_5865.JPG

IMG6060.jpg

Our Polynesian Stay

Gah! Gorgeous!

I absolutely loved my stay at the Polynesian: watching the sunrise from our bedroom window,the lush grounds with its tiki torches lighting the way, the beaches, and the Volcano pool. WOW!

Our Room

Sorry I'm a newbie here and planning my first trip to WDW (since I was a kid). We've looked at all of the resorts and initially crossed Poly off of the list because the rooms seemed too themed for us. We were basing this off of the pictures on the resort website look like some of the other pictures I've seen on this tread.

But when I saw this picture on the Disney parks blog today it made me want to take another look.

PRV806648-600x337.jpg

So I came here, to the real experts!
Can you offer any guidance on what "type" or classification of room you got/this is?
Is it the same rate as the others?
Is this part of the construction they are doing? (Updating rooms?)

Sorry for all of the questions!

Thank you in advance, and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place... I'm a newbie and still learning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts