Poly food

martinrmn

DIS Veteran
We are due to be in the Poly for 5 nights in December and have the dining plan for said nights. My wife, aka boss, has asked me to find out what food is available in the Poly? We plan on eating a character breakfast with Lilo and Stitch but are unsure what else is available. Any tips please?

we have had lunch and dinner at kona cafe and both were really nice

We also had food at their food court when we stayed there last year which was also nice so I dont think you will go wrong

I personally didnt like the food for dinner at ohana but DH loved it

We love Ohana - here are some pics below we have been twice and think its fab. We did have an ADR for Kona but cancelled it, but I think it looks great it gets good reviews on here.

Salad and bread
f61d0c30.jpg

Chicken wings and potato potstickers - they also bring out a bowl of veggie noodles.
b6e16acb.jpg

Sadly I don't have any photos of the food from the meat skewers - but this was before that even arrived :scared1:

36a5d963.jpg

The AMAZING bread and butter pudding (before we poured over the souce)

ee3b9720.jpg

Great views across the lake - if your in a couple I think you pretty much guaranted a castle view. We have had these both times, and if your there when the fireworks are on they dim the lights and play the wishes music :goodvibes

f9375a71.jpg

Only eaten at Ohanas at Poly. Looks like I only got pics of the shrimp and
none of the meat. Was one of DS's fave meals, we all enjoyed it.

IMG_1196Medium.jpg

IMG_1197Medium.jpg

IMG_1198Medium.jpg

IMG_1200Medium.jpg

IMG_1201Medium.jpg

IMG_1199Medium.jpg

IMG_1208Medium.jpg

IMG_1209Medium.jpg

We love Kona cafe, it's probably the best steak we eat when in Orlando (oh I can taste the chicken wings and teriyaki steak now) we always eat here every trip. We also like Ohanas but if we're on the dining plan we tend not to eat here just as the credit is best spend elsewhere to get value for money.

We have had a couple of great breakfasts in Kona, and really loved our dinner in Ohana - I don't think you will be disappointed!

Both Ohana's and Kona are good.
Ohana is all about the quantity at dinner - it just keeps coming!
The "floor show" can be a bit disruptive for those of us without kids to take part in the coconut race etc, but it's still worth a visit.
Go in hungry!

Our dinner recently at Kona was the best meal of the whole trip.
I had the Beef Teriyaki and my wife tried the Pan Asian Noodles With Shrimp. Both were excellent and the service great too.

Kona has the added bonus being easier to get into than Ohana... :rolleyes:

Menus are here and here

We've eaten at Ohana twice and Kona once and out of those I preferred Ohana dinner (I ate so many of the potstickers I could only manage shrimp from the skewers, none of the meat... And the bread pudding dessert is just sublime :goodvibes) My bf is vegetarian and enjoyed the tofu bowl (standard veggie alternative) but preferred the breakfast I think... If he has potatoes and eggs in some form he's happy :goodvibes I quite liked Kona for dinner but my bf wasn't keen, I would like to return for breakfast though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter