Poll: What would you replace Hall of Presidents with?

What would you replace Hall of Presidents with?

• Muppets Great Moments in History

Votes: 82 23.1%
  • Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • A shorter version of Hamilton

Votes: 36 10.1%
  • Nothing - keep HoP as it is

Votes: 147 41.4%
  • Keep HoP but make some changes

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 21 5.9%

• Total voters
I agree with @AquaDame. I like the educational aspect of Epcot: Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, the World Pavilions, etc, but at MK I'm just not in the mood for a history lesson. Maybe that's why I've never gone in HoP as an adult. It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of MK.

You don't think the show at Epcot works better with solemnity..? We're supposed to be leaving the cares of the world behind at the gate at Magic Kingdom... no?

that is sort of the general challenge with the HoP in general though - it is a real world thing inserted into a world of fantasy and idealization. While youc an highlight the positives, you cant' ignore negatives of the past reality either

I agree with @AquaDame. I like the educational aspect of Epcot: Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, the World Pavilions, etc, but at MK I'm just not in the mood for a history lesson. Maybe that's why I've never gone in HoP as an adult. It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of MK.

and even for American history I think the American Adventure does it better than the HoP

But you could use the same argument against Lincoln in DLR or even COP, it's education not just there for entertainment. They all can also be both entertaining and educational and still fit in where they are has they have for decades. As with anything, you don't have to do it. There's attractions I've never done and never will, mission space.

You don't think the show at Epcot works better with solemnity..? We're supposed to be leaving the cares of the world behind at the gate at Magic Kingdom... no?
Actually, I don't really care where it is - I thoroughly enjoy both shows.
It's not on the scale of other shows there that cause you to laugh out loud with excitement. Those who look for that should not attend, but just do the other shows. I enjoy both types. There are no 'cares of the world' to me in HoP - just a solemn showing of our country's history.

Back to the Hamilton idea- it’s easy IMHO to imagine some very funny banter back-and-forth between the audience and King George III. Could see it being an educational, entertaining way to review the reasons for the Revolutionary War (i.e. No Taxation w/o Representation, Stamp Act, Intolerable Acts, etc.).

How about something based around “Ben And Me”? Franklin is a Founding Father almost all can get behind, and Amos (mouse) would be fun for the kids IMHO. Like HoP- it’s connected to Walt Disney’s era too.

Last edited:
How about something based around “Ben And Me”? Franklin is a Founding Father almost all can get behind, and Amos (mouse) would be fun for the kids IMHO. Like HoP- it’s connected to Walt Disney’s era too.
That would basically be American Adventure then.

That would basically be American Adventure then.

Yep. Too similar I suppose- although AA has Twain and covers a lot more ground historically. Thinking “Ben And Me” would just be on the Revolution/Constitution-era with maybe “A republic- if you can keep it” message.

Last edited:
The roll call is critical to what the Hall of Presidents is about. It doesn't 'celebrate' anyone that may be controversial. It simply states their name.
I was thinking to eliminate in the interest of time so they could have another speech, not due to controversy.

I like the idea of different shows with different presidents highlighted. William Harrison might finally be remembered for something more than just dying after a month in office. :confused3

I realize that many of the international guests have no interest in American history, but we're talking about 1 attraction in Magic Kingdom and 1 in Epcot that celebrates and teaches how this country was founded. Sure, the shows are short and only show a small portion of history, but it educates never the less. There is no politics involved here, just information. For any of you out there that, let's just say, have been underwhelmed by recent events, do some research into the past Presidents and politicians and you will be amazed of what this country has endured.....and survived through. History should not be covered up or removed.....we need to learn from it and continue to make this country what the forefathers envisioned.

Honestly, if the argument is that MK should be a land of "fantasy," and not "history," the entire Liberty Square section could be removed.

Personally, it's one of my favorite sections of the park. I would be open to a re-imagining of the HOP attraction, but patriotic elements have always been a part of the MK experience (Walt was very patriotic), and I would not want that to change.

I vote leave it mostly as is- but maybe make it more of a “Presidential Hall of Fame” rather than honoring “every player who ever played”. Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, Truman, JFK, Reagan, Obama (i.e. historical significance of his election), and maybe an animatronic of whoever the current President is as a “narrator” to make it relatable to the youth.

:) I like that it's more about the dynamic history of American politics, rather than current political perspectives., which it would surely be if they started picking and choosing.

Sounds good in theory, but that would cause a lot of controversy on who they select (especially when you get more in the modern era)

::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::

I know what you mean about the change of pace, but I like that the Magic Kingdom has always had such variety.

From US gold mining in the 19th century to a family shipwrecked on their way to Australia to a celebration of countries all around the world to the beloved (IMHO!) look back at the huge changes in the the US through the 20th century ...as well as all the presidents... and all presented in different formats.

I'm less keen on the idea that they streamline themes (especially just to animated characters and franchises) too much, because we lose the contrasts and variety that Disney has always developed so well -- making it stand out from their competitors and appeal to a wider range of tastes and interests.

Though, Disney has seemed more keen to limit things over the last few years!

Last edited:
I love going to HoP and my kids even like it. My wife, well, she tolerates it lol. But I think they should just keep doing what they are doing. Our new President may or may not be who I voted for but whoever is President, IS my President because I am an American and I will always respect the President who holds office.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter