• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poll- Royal Wedding on funnel vision- yay or nay?

Would you watch the royal wedding on funnel vision?

• Yes, I would like to watch the wedding on my cruise.

• No, I don't think the wedding belongs on funnel vision.

• No preference. Who has time to watch funnel vision anyway?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsklamc

<font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what
I cruise to get AWAY from things that annoy me in real life - for example, obsessive media coverage of a completely irrelevant wedding. DCL is showing the royal nuptials on funnel vision tomorrow. If I were on board I would just do something else, but I wonder what percent of cruisers are really interested in watching this?

Personally, It wouldn't bother me.

It may be a gesture towards many of their staff who are from that part of the world. The wedding may be irrelevant to you, but to many of the Staff and Crew, I suspect it isn't.

Personally, It wouldn't bother me.

It may be a gesture towards many of their staff who are from that part of the world. The wedding may be irrelevant to you, but to many of the Staff and Crew, I suspect it isn't.

Ditto....and I think many Americans may be interested in seeing some part of it...not necessarily the whole thing but I am sure people would stop to watch.

Heck, I am making my scones tonight and plan on getting up at 4:00 am to watch before I go to work!!

MJ

Yes, irrelevant is purely my opinion- obviously everyone does not agree or it would not be all over the news. Just wondering what the % breakdown is.

Of course, the wedding is also at 7am EST or something like that, so it isn't like they'll be pre-empting regular programming on the big screen! There usually isn't anything on quite that early, if memory serves. I'll bet there is a much larger crowd at the pool VERY early tomorrow morning while the sun comes up......could be kind of cool!

I felt the same way about superbowl on our cruise. Don't hate me 'cause i said it, I'm just speaking from the heart. In my opinion it was excessive and loud. If they had broadcast it only in the lounges and the special event room (like Studio Sea)I think that would have been sufficient. If you wanted to watch Superbowl soooo badly... why would you book a cruise for that Sunday?

I cruise to get AWAY from things that annoy me in real life - for example, obsessive media coverage of a completely irrelevant wedding. DCL is showing the royal nuptials on funnel vision tomorrow. If I were on board I would just do something else, but I wonder what percent of cruisers are really interested in watching this?

I could not agree with you more. I wish you made WHO CARES choice cause that is the one I would vote for.

I don't think it belongs on funnelvison, but I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was up there. I think it would be more appropriate to just show it on TV but jmho. :)

It's a fairy tale wedding - you're on a fairy tale boat - it's a perfect fit!

A lot of people are interested. If you don't happen to be one of them, there are a million other things to do. :) No harm, no foul.

The same percentage as those that are obsessed with making sure they watch the superbowl or any other sporting event while on their cruise. Just because it doesn't interest you doesn't mean it won't be of interest to someone else.

I don't watch the cartoons they play all day long on that thing anyway, but I still think it shouldn't be shown on the funnelvision. What are all the kiddies supposed to watch? A boring wedding? Can't they show it elsewhere?

I voted yes - not because I am overly into the whole royal thing, but b/c I do think it is a historical event and I do think that all of the ritual that goes along with this sort of thing is entertaining.
I don't get into the political part of it, I don't care about British politics/policies/economy - not for any other reason than I do not live there and it does not affect me personally.
I think it is great that Disney made an activity out of it - and a hoot that they are serving English treats to those who will go up to view the wedding -

I don't watch the cartoons they play all day long on that thing anyway, but I still think it shouldn't be shown on the funnelvision. What are all the kiddies supposed to watch? A boring wedding? Can't they show it elsewhere?

I guarantee that there will be more people watching the wedding than I've ever seen kids watching the cartoons. And we're talking a couple of hours, not the entire cruise.

It's a fairy tale wedding - you're on a fairy tale boat - it's a perfect fit!

A lot of people are interested. If you don't happen to be one of them, there are a million other things to do. :) No harm, no foul.

How can it be lost on everyone that a young woman is marrying her Prince - for real!!? Does nobody remember Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella?

It's all well and good to say you're not interested/fed up with all the coverage but it pales in comparison to OJ and Anna Nicole Smith's ad nauseum coverage.

How can it be lost on everyone that a young woman is marrying her Prince - for real!!? Does nobody remember Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella?

It's all well and good to say you're not interested/fed up with all the coverage but it pales in comparison to OJ and Anna Nicole Smith's ad nauseum coverage.

Agree with both of these sentiments. And really- her family may have money, but her father made it (if I recall correctly) from hard work, and now she's marrying her prince- literally. A nice modern fairy tale.

I voted yes, though I won't be waking up to watch it. I'll catch it later in bits and pieces. We don't watch the big screen much, but it would be something different from watching the same movies again.

I voted Yes because it's a major media event, so go ahead and show it. I wouldn't watch it, but it wouldn't bother me if people did. Just like I'd expect the World Series, SuperBowl or even Monday Night Football to be available.

Isn't the wedding on in the wee wee hours for American timezones anyway?

I didn't vote, but I'm glad that DCL is doing this. I like how they broadcast special events on the Arielvision screen. We watched the Denver Broncos on Monday Football on our second cruise. It was a great experience to know you're watching a live football game outdoors while sailing through the night toward Grand Cayman!

Why begrudge others who want to enjoy it these experiences?

I'll take a room on the ship any day...no matter what is showing on the big screen...over mowing my lawn, cleaning house, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter