Poll- Royal Wedding on funnel vision- yay or nay?

Would you watch the royal wedding on funnel vision?

• Yes, I would like to watch the wedding on my cruise.

• No, I don't think the wedding belongs on funnel vision.

• No preference. Who has time to watch funnel vision anyway?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a real life fairytale. Princess Diana's son is marrying, the love of his life. I think, many of us, want to see a happy ending. I watched Diana's wedding and wouldn't miss William and Kate's.

I think its a good idea...I think its sooooo funny people can be crazy about pretend disney princesses and not care at all about a real fairytale :) She makes a stunning princess!

I don't think it's really anything to get your panties all twisted up in a wad over. I actually think the senitment that it shouldn't be broadcast is a little bit selfish. There are plenty of other things to do if you're not interested in it and I think from the poll results there are plenty of people who ARE interested. I think it's a nice gesture from DCL for those who ARE interested in watching it. I'd have more interest in watching the wedding than a sporting event. If they're gonna show those kind of things then why not a big worldwide social event. :confused3

Anyone out there hear anything from anyone onboard on how it was received this morning onboard....did many people watch? What did they serve??

MJ

I don't think it's really anything to get your panties all twisted up in a wad over. :confused3

I don't think anyone did....I specifically said, "I'd just do something else."

I'm just a little baffled that so many people are interested.

As to the 'real life fairy tale- this is JUST my personal opinion as to how it sits with me, no reason to get ticked at me for it, as I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are yours... It's lost the fairy tale appeal at this point. My personal opinion, you're free to think differently-- is that it's not very princely to make your bride wait so long that she's being mocked as 'waity Katey.'

Well I would.

In the UK, it is actually quite a big deal for us here. If I was cruising Disney, or indeed any line, I would want to see what is happening back home.

I have no interest in American Baseball, Soccer or the Superbowl, whatever they call it, but have to suffer that throughout our cruises!!

Plenty to do if you don't want to watch a real life Prince marry his girl!

Kate

Well I would.

In the UK, it is actually quite a big deal for us here. If I was cruising Disney, or indeed any line, I would want to see what is happening back home.

I know there are lots of UK DCL cruisers...I was just curious about overall percentage of interest. There were lots of complaints on the DCL facebook post but often the complainers are in the minority.

Funny though..a British friend on facebook claimed that people in the UK weren't as interested, it was the Americans who were blowing it out of proportion!

I know there are lots of UK DCL cruisers...I was just curious about overall percentage of interest. There were lots of complaints on the DCL facebook post but often the complainers are in the minority.

Funny though..a British friend on facebook claimed that people in the UK weren't as interested, it was the Americans who were blowing it out of proportion!

I would say those not interested in the events today are a minority, they don't object to the day off work though!!!! ;) I don't believe there has been as much build up prior to the event here as there has been in the US.

Kate

I don't think anyone did....I specifically said, "I'd just do something else."

I'm just a little baffled that so many people are interested.

As to the 'real life fairy tale- this is JUST my personal opinion as to how it sits with me, no reason to get ticked at me for it, as I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are yours... It's lost the fairy tale appeal at this point. My personal opinion, you're free to think differently-- is that it's not very princely to make your bride wait so long that she's being mocked as 'waity Katey.'

Your first sentence said:

"I cruise to get AWAY from things that annoy me in real life - for example, obsessive media coverage of a completely irrelevant wedding."

Which to ME sounded like you were perturbed that they would have the nerve to do such a thing as tie up the big screen when you obviously thought they should've been showing anything BUT the wedding. I don't understand why it would bother you so much that you would start a thread about it.

As far as them taking their time to get married...they're still YOUNG for goodness sake! Hopefully they took their time to be SURE it was the right move rather than just getting married becasue it was the thing to do. I admire them for doing it in their own time and not just to suit the royal family or anybody else. I'm sure William didn't want his marriage to end up like his parents which seemed a bit mis-matched from the get-go. :rolleyes1

My personal interest in the royal wedding comes from the fact that I got up with my Mom to watch Diana's wedding 30 years ago...maybe you're too young to remember that one. :confused3 She and I shared the same birthdate and I was absolutely fascinated that she was only 19 at the time and that she was DOING this whole huge marriage to a prince thing at such a young age. It was such a huge event. Then when she died I had just had my DS and it was the week before I had to return to work and it was so sad to see the boys left like that. With a Dad who seemed cold and indifferent to me. And I was a new Mom myself so it was just sad to watch. Maybe I'm just old school to feel that it was right to watch today too. :confused3

I must confess that this thread has amused me to no end.

The thought that someone would complain because *Disney* was showing a fairy-tale wedding in which a princess marries her Prince Charming is just too deliciously ironic for words.

Kind if reminds me of a certain story where (a) wicked step-sister(s) tried to prevent the same sort of thing...
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Your first sentence said:

"I cruise to get AWAY from things that annoy me in real life - for example, obsessive media coverage of a completely irrelevant wedding."

Which to ME sounded like you were perturbed that they would have the nerve to do such a thing as tie up the big screen when you obviously thought they should've been showing anything BUT the wedding.

Wow. I actually said that if I were cruising I would just do something else. You just wrote that what I said 'sounded to you' like...a whole bunch of things I didn't even remotely say.

Something doesn't have to 'bother me so much to start a thread about it.' As I've said, I was just curious how much interest there actually was.

Also said it wasn't princely behavior in my opinion to wait 8 years before getting married. I was very clear that that is my opinion.

The thought that someone would complain because *Disney* was showing a fairy-tale wedding in which a princess marries her Prince Charming is just too deliciously ironic for words.

Kind if reminds me of a certain story where (a) wicked step-sister(s) tried to prevent the same sort of thing...
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I didn't complain, I was wondering whether there was interest, I don't find him at all charming, and...

The last part is just a ridiculous, and quite frankly a bit of a personal attack, which is against DIS rules.

Wow. I actually said that if I were cruising I would just do something else. You just wrote that what I said 'sounded to you' like...a whole bunch of things I didn't even remotely say.

Something doesn't have to 'bother me so much to start a thread about it.' As I've said, I was just curious how much interest there actually was.

Also said it wasn't princely behavior in my opinion to wait 8 years before getting married. I was very clear that that is my opinion.

I copied that from your very first post. That was how you started your thread. First sentence. I realize you said you would do something else. But you sounded annoyed to me that you'd have to do that.

But whatever. I watched the wedding. Wasn't on the ship but I would've if I was there. You don't have to like it. Glad you had something else to do that was "better".

I copied that from your very first post. That was how you started your thread.

Yes, you copied my first sentence. And then wrote "Which sounded to me like...." which was a whole bunch of things that had nothing to do with what I said.

I'm glad you watched the wedding and liked it. My 'better thing to do" was SLEEP. I'd no idea it was so early when I started this thread. Kinda makes the whole thing moot. I'm sure the vast majority of people who were awake onboard at the time were either up to watch, or working.

Unsubscribing now, anyway, because I'm stunned at the number of people who think 'I don't get the hype.' is something to get defensive about, and attack me for.

We had the final game of the NCAA basketball championships when we were on the Dream in April. I believe they played the game in the sports bar and it was packed. My philosophy is - whatever - if I don't want to watch it, there are tons of other things to do!

I really can't believe there is arguing about this....it is crazy.

Closing this thread.

MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter