Points vs Home Resorts

swaysui

Earning My Ears
For someone looking for 1-bedrooms and occasional 2-bedrooms stays, including cabins, is having total number of points to use more important or having home resort advantage more important? Are there certain resorts that have all rooms sold out most of the time? Thanks.

If you want a specific resort, you should buy there typically. The small resorts get filled up quicker in general, especially the studios. If you don't care where you stay and just want "1-bedrooms and occasional 2-bedrooms stays, including cabins" and figure you'll often book at 7 months, I would say total number of points is more important.

Keep in mind that every room fills up eventually as you get closer to the date you plan to go. But I generally have had no problems booking at 7 months since I'm flexible about where I stay, and don't mind going to any available resort. Most of the points I have bought are SAPs (Sleep Around Points), meaning I bought them because they were cheap and will often use them in the 7 month window for whatever resort I want and can get.

Last edited:
If you want a specific resort, you should buy there typically. The small resorts get filled up quicker in general, especially the studios. If you don't care where you stay and just want "1-bedrooms and occasional 2-bedrooms stays, including cabins" and figure you'll often book at 7 months, I would say total number of points is more important.

Keep in mind that every room fills up eventually as you get closer to the date you plan to go. But I generally have had no problems booking at 7 months since I'm flexible about where I stay, and don't mind going to any available resort. Most of the points I have bought are SAPs (Sleep Around Points), meaning I bought them because they were cheap and will often use them in the 7 month window for whatever resort I want and can get.
That's what SAP means. Thanks! And thanks for the advice too.

For someone looking for 1-bedrooms and occasional 2-bedrooms stays, including cabins, is having total number of points to use more important or having home resort advantage more important? Are there certain resorts that have all rooms sold out most of the time? Thanks.
Studios go the fastest and, from what I understand, 1 and 2 bedrooms can usually be had at 7 months. If you were planning studio stays I would say absolutely get where you want to stay. If you are planning two bedroom stays then the points are probably more important, because two bedrooms have a good chance of being available at 7 months. Even then, there is no worse feeling than being locked out of where you want to truly stay. So I am always a proponent of buying where you see yourself wanting to stay.

Studios go the fastest and, from what I understand, 1 and 2 bedrooms can usually be had at 7 months. If you were planning studio stays I would say absolutely get where you want to stay. If you are planning two bedroom stays then the points are probably more important, because two bedrooms have a good chance of being available at 7 months. Even then, there is no worse feeling than being locked out of where you want to truly stay. So I am always a proponent of buying where you see yourself wanting to stay.
The 2BR will depend on what resort. BWV for instance does not have dedicated 2BR, they share a studio and a 1BR to make a 2BR. So once all of the studios rent out, the 2BR also rent out.
1BR are almost always the last to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter