points for charity

mousefansmom

DIS Veteran
Hi all-
If anyone is needing to get rid of points quickly and is interested in donation to charity for a portion of points, please contact me. I am a brand new dvc member, but cannot access my SSR points yet. Two members of the Shaken Baby Association will be attending a conference from Feb 28- Mar 2 on Shaken Baby Syndrome and Child Abuse, and will utilize the information to further their prevention efforts throughout the US. They currently are staying at POR because All Stars were sold out, and are exceeding their budget of $300.
They could pay $300 for the reservation (49 points at BWV, available as of Friday) and the rest could be written off (an $882 tax deduction). This is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. How do I know so much? I am one of the attendees; my son was shaken at daycare when he was six months old, suffering irreversible brain damage, broken ribs and legs, temporary blindness and was in a coma. He is doing so much better now, but this horrible form of abuse will haunt me forever. The only reason it is so important for us to stay on-property is because the content of the conference is so difficult to bear, and I thought that coming back at the end of the day to Disney would somehow make it better. The other attendee, another mom of a survivor has been considering taking her son (born perfect, now disabled) to Disney this fall, and I really am hoping she will. And although we won't be seeing the parks, I thought the Boardwalk area, being so near to Epcot and Mgm would help her to feel the "magic". Hope this makes sense, and doesnt' appear forward or self-serving. I just thought (wish I had thought about it earlier) that maybe we could help each other out. Let me know. We also could use points for our raffle/silent auction in July, so keep that in mind if you find yourself in a bind later this year!

Sorry to hear of your situation, that is absolutely terrible. Your son is lucky to have you!

Currently, I do not have 49 points to spare but could kick in a few if others are willing to do the same.

best of luck
Sandy

Did you check at Pop Century? It is also a value resort and priced like the All Stars. It is a lovely resort; they just opened it in December.

Sorry I don't have any extra points, we are always borrowing because we keep running out.

Good Luck!
DJ

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and offers. I am always so amazed that strangers can be so generous and kind towards each other. That's what keeps the world going 'round, I guess!:sunny:

Wendi S.
Mousefansmom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!