Points extended but I can't use them!

allancal

Earning My Ears
I have 105 points that are due to expire on 28 February 2022. Member Services have told me that these points will be extended but will not be credited to my account until 1 March (or shortly after) and can then be used for stays up until 31 May 2022. I have booked VB for 3 nights starting 7 June (from my 2022 points) and I asked Member Services if I could use these extended points for this stay as it was only 7 days after the expiry date they gave me. There is no flexibility! They must be used for stays up to 31 May 2022.

I have been unsuccessful in renting out the points and Member Services have suggested that, should they remain unused, I credit the points to an RCI account. (Presumably this will now be an Interval International account) but I have no idea what this is or what it means. Can anyone put me right? Is it worth doing this? Thanks

Better to wait until January, so you can deposit them into II.
I don't know if it's worth, but many say there are better resorts in II than RCI. The point charts for studios are very high, but 1BR and 2BR seem more reasonable. There is a Marriot resort near DLP that should be bookable with II, if it's of any interest.

I know you said you have been unsuccessful renting but was that with a broker?. We have over 100 points points expiring 31st Jan and extended to 31st May and I rented through David's with not much trouble getting a reservation in April.
I've had to book with my 2022 points and then they said they will switch the points in the booking on 1st Feb

Thanks Ruttangel. I’ve tried renting my points via David but with no success. Member Services suggested I do just as you did but I had already booked and committed my 2022 points. Still a bit gutted that they won’t let me use them only 7 days after their deadline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter