Point-n-Shoot?....show your Magic!

I was just browsing through this thread and I just wanted to comment on how amazing everyone's photos are!
I also have a question, I am not very knowledgeable about cameras, but would like to get a new one for my upcoming birthday. I currently have a point and shoot Sony Cybershot which I got in 2007, and am looking to get something better. I am curious what your opinions are for a relatively inexpensive ($200-$300) p&s camera? Mainly will be using this camera for Disney trips!
Thank you in advance if anybody may have suggestions :)

Photographically, the Canon s95 is probably the best camera in that price range.

I had a Sony W7 from that era, and upgraded to the HX30 (same camera as the HX20 + wifi). I would of preferred staying under $300 but I don't want to regret not spending that extra $70 and regretting a cheaper camera. The HX is a lot better overall than my old camera.
But I went for a "travel zoom" camera because greater zoom and HD video were important factors to me. The Panasonic TZ30 and Canon SX260 are other top cameras in the category. There is also a slightly more affordable HX10 with "only" a 16x zoom but is the same photo quality.

Here is my HX30 trip report:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2968238

Thank you so much for your input! & the photos from your TR are amazing! I especially loved the ones of the fireworks.

My Olympus P&S was swiped at the Kalahari a couple years ago. Moved on to a DSLR-still trying to figure that out.

A few P&S faves from the past:

Australia792-2.jpg

Australia785-1.jpg

P6290665-3-1.jpg

NEWYORK326-1.jpg

P6250379-1.jpg

IMG_0999-2.jpg

CINDBOW-1.jpg

P6260470-1.jpg

P6290651-2.jpg

WALT1.jpg

Well thanks-really was a simple enough camera-really hated to loose it actually.

Jade, where were the first 2 photo's taken? They took my breath away!!!

OMG the Great Ocean Road Melbourne Australia-what a day that was. I guess the cleanest air in the world. Looked a little misty into the sun though.

Australia767-1.jpg

The pictures are just amazing! I also cannot believe the photos you captured in WDW. Will be going for the Food and Wine Festival this Nov. You give me hope that I can capture the magic with a "point and shoot" camera. Again, thanks for sharing!

The pictures are just amazing! I also cannot believe the photos you captured in WDW. Will be going for the Food and Wine Festival this Nov. You give me hope that I can capture the magic with a "point and shoot" camera. Again, thanks for sharing!

Well thanks, any night shots need a tripod (I always used a mini one on a trash can etc), and hopefully your night setting will have a long enough shutter speed-I think that's what it needs. Mine used to take about 3 or 4 seconds I would say. I've tried many others and just got nowhere with them-even the night setting just took a quick shot.

I even forgot my camera one trip to WDW, just pissed I rented a car and drove to Best Buy-had to be 30 minutes away, bought the best point and shoot they had-a Cannon $450 kind of a mid sized type thing-just sucked for night shots. My DD lost that one at a Champps and I said good thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter