Plus Size in Paris!!

Peach026

Mouseketeer
Tried googling with little help. I'm a Pooh Sized mama bear. I fit in everything in WDW - pretty much NOTHING in Universal (hard park for me sadly). Is there anything I should be aware of size wise in DLP? I'd hate to be a distraction for my family.. .a heads up will help! We visit one month from now!

Where do you carry your weight? Do you find shoulder restrains or lap bars more uncomfortable?

Either way, besides rides, don't get too high hopes for clothes. French sizes are always smaller than the rest of Europe, let alone the US.

Paris is a little different for larger guests, with many rides modernised versions of the ones in the US. I am a large guy, the size of a wrestler (6'3, 280 lbs, with wide shoulders and large gut) and I understand the struggles.

Big Thunder Mountain: car is the same width as the one in Florida, with a modification here: the bench seat now has a horn shaped seat divider in the middle. As long as you can fit on one side, you'll be fine as there are no minimal point for the bar to reach to get a clear. It is an hydraulic restraint too, so wherever you pull it, it will lock there.

BTM DLP new bars.jpg

Space Mountain:

It is a launched looping coaster in Paris that originally featured cars like Rock n Roller Coaster. The cars were replaced a few years ago and it now features an overhead lap bar with flexible straps that go over your chest and shoulders. The end result is that even when the car shakes, your head doesn't hit anything like on Rock n Roller Coaster. The restraint here is very accommodating and it simply has to get a certain point to lock and show clear.

Vekoma MK1212 Space Mountain Disneyland Paris.jpg

Space Mountain MK 1212 train.jpg

Crush Coaster:

It's a challenge, as the cars do not stop in the station and you need to drop into a bucket seat. You then pull down the lap bar and it has no reach a certain point to lock. Here is a photo of Laff Track at Hersheypark, which uses the same cars and lap bars, except that at Disney, the vehicle is shaped like a turtle shell.

Maurer Spinning Coaster.jpg

RC Racer:

That's the ride with the tightest restraints at a Disney park. Thankfully, Disneyland Paris modified a seat to have a longer seatbelt, meaning that I have a chance of fitting on it. The photo shows the non modified test seat at Hong Kong Disneyland and DLP has similar seat belts on the regular seats. As you can see, the space for the thighs is tiny.

RC Racer Test Seat HKDL.jpg

Parachute Drop:

No issues here, as each rider has his or her own bucket seat and only need to buckle a seatbelt.

Parachute Drop WDS.JPG

WEB Slingers:

Uses the same ride vehicles as the one in California, so very wide bench seats with a lot of leg room.

Flight Force:

Disney repainted some of the cars and ordered a few new cars for the rethemed Rock n Roller Coaster.

Flight Force ride car.jpg

Paris is a little different for larger guests, with many rides modernised versions of the ones in the US. I am a large guy, the size of a wrestler (6'3, 280 lbs, with wide shoulders and large gut) and I understand the struggles.

Big Thunder Mountain: car is the same width as the one in Florida, with a modification here: the bench seat now has a horn shaped seat divider in the middle. As long as you can fit on one side, you'll be fine as there are no minimal point for the bar to reach to get a clear. It is an hydraulic restraint too, so wherever you pull it, it will lock there.

View attachment 763715

Space Mountain:

It is a launched looping coaster in Paris that originally featured cars like Rock n Roller Coaster. The cars were replaced a few years ago and it now features an overhead lap bar with flexible straps that go over your chest and shoulders. The end result is that even when the car shakes, your head doesn't hit anything like on Rock n Roller Coaster. The restraint here is very accommodating and it simply has to get a certain point to lock and show clear.

View attachment 763716

View attachment 763718

Crush Coaster:

It's a challenge, as the cars do not stop in the station and you need to drop into a bucket seat. You then pull down the lap bar and it has no reach a certain point to lock. Here is a photo of Laff Track at Hersheypark, which uses the same cars and lap bars, except that at Disney, the vehicle is shaped like a turtle shell.

View attachment 763719

RC Racer:

That's the ride with the tightest restraints at a Disney park. Thankfully, Disneyland Paris modified a seat to have a longer seatbelt, meaning that I have a chance of fitting on it. The photo shows the non modified test seat at Hong Kong Disneyland and DLP has similar seat belts on the regular seats. As you can see, the space for the thighs is tiny.

View attachment 763720

Parachute Drop:

No issues here, as each rider has his or her own bucket seat and only need to buckle a seatbelt.

View attachment 763721

WEB Slingers:

Uses the same ride vehicles as the one in California, so very wide bench seats with a lot of leg room.

Flight Force:

Disney repainted some of the cars and ordered a few new cars for the rethemed Rock n Roller Coaster.

View attachment 763723
That's a great post! I have large rugby quads so don't fit on RC racer. I've never had an issue on IAJ. But it's a tight fit for my shoulders and chest on space mountain. I have not done crush in years so can't say.

this is AMAZING detail, thank you so much! I do fit on rockin rollercoaster in orlando - but I wonder if there isn't a minimum pull point there? I'm hoping since i fit there I might be able to fit in others..

The last time I went (8 years ago), I weighed 300 and had a 50 in chest and a 50 inch waist. I fit in everything, but Crush was a tight... I needed help for that. (Space Mountain was closed, so I can't tell say for that one). I've lost 70lbs, so I am hoping things should be much easier this trip.

this is AMAZING detail, thank you so much! I do fit on rockin rollercoaster in orlando - but I wonder if there isn't a minimum pull point there? I'm hoping since i fit there I might be able to fit in others..

No minimum on the restraint for both Flight Force (rethemed Rock n Roller Coaster) and Indiana Jones. Indy here is a looping coaster that has the same shoulder bars as Incredicoaster with no minimum.

No minimum on the restraint for both Flight Force (rethemed Rock n Roller Coaster) and Indiana Jones. Indy here is a looping coaster that has the same shoulder bars as Incredicoaster with no minimum.
I fit on incredicoaster! WOO HOO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!