Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this.

I buy a pop up clothes hamper at the Dollar tree. It folds flat. Holds a lot.

I'm an un-packer. Wipe the drawers out with Clorox wipes, hang stuff on hangers. I bring a couple of trash bags for dirty laundry which I then put into a rolling carry on suitcase and drag to the laundry a day or two before we're going home.

Ok, we are crazy germaphobes!!!:eek: We never unpack. We keep clean cloths in the suitcase, and use a pillow bag to store dirt separating light and dark incase we need to do laundry.(We rarely do.) We buy brand new cheap pillows. Have you ever taken the pillow case off and seen how much junk is on the pillow at a hotel. Oh my!!!!! There has always been atleast on pillow with blood on it.
I also dont sleep on the beds. We pack air beds and put them on top of the mattresses. Then I call mouse keeping and get new sheets and blankets.

We pack our own cleaners and clean the bathrooms and every hard surface in the room. Yes we are that bad!!!!!!:crazy2:

Yes we check for bed bugs before we enter. I dont even bring stuff up until I have checked everywhere.

I think we're total sane :P :rolleyes1

Ok, we are crazy germaphobes!!!:eek: We never unpack. We keep clean cloths in the suitcase, and use a pillow bag to store dirt separating light and dark incase we need to do laundry.(We rarely do.) We buy brand new cheap pillows. Have you ever taken the pillow case off and seen how much junk is on the pillow at a hotel. Oh my!!!!! There has always been atleast on pillow with blood on it.
I also dont sleep on the beds. We pack air beds and put them on top of the mattresses. Then I call mouse keeping and get new sheets and blankets.

We pack our own cleaners and clean the bathrooms and every hard surface in the room. Yes we are that bad!!!!!!:crazy2:

Yes we check for bed bugs before we enter. I dont even bring stuff up until I have checked everywhere.

I think we're total sane :P :rolleyes1

YIKES! :faint:

since my vacations are for 18 days, i unpack.

i wipe the drawers and lay a hand towel (from the room) on the bottom of the drawer.
i place the gallon size bags on the towels.
those 4 bags have undies, socks, shorts, nighties.

hang up the tops.
usually 2 tops on one hanger, just layer them by color.
i take along the plastic ones from walmart and leave them when i check out.

i always include ones with the clips so if i am caught in rain, i can hang wet shorts and socks to the clips.

toiletries are in a hanger pocket bag for over the door.

it takes me less than 10 minutes to organize this way once i am in the room.

My clothes stay in the suite case, save for any dressier clothes that I'll hang up.

The dresser drawers I'll use for stuffing souvenirs or one of two bags that I am gonna use for the day. I'll also wipe them down with a Wipey and sometimes store food stuff (plates, plasticware, cereal - all in a plastic bag though!)

In regards to the safes, I've found them always to be a little nasty inside. Anyone else have this issue or is it me?

I tend to run a wipey inside before using them. :/

Jackie

I also go barefoot.

I go hard. :hippie:

Oh My!!!! I cant even think about that!:crazy2:

My husband thinks I am CrAzY and need some type of psychological help every time we stay in a hotel. I never unpack. I wont sit on the bed if the bed spread it still on it. It has to come off immediately. My suitcases cant be on the floor and I NEVER walk barefoot.

My husband on the other hand definitely makes himself to home. He will lay on the bedspread, let his clothes fall on the floor and stay there and he will even go as far as sweeping his hand under the bed to see if anything of his got kicked under there:faint: He is gross:rotfl:

We unpack everything. I bring a fold up fabric box for food and snacks. I pack my 4 DD's clothes already on the hangers, then just hang it all up when we get to our room. Everything else of theirs is in gallon zip lock bags and gets thrown into the drawers. DH and I store our clothes in the drawers as well. Dirty clothes get thrown into the suitcases as they are worn.

I have to push past my germ paranoia most of the time, simply because I know that their bodies need to be introduced to different things so that they can be healthy. It must be working, since I can remember very few times that they've been sick.

I don't sanitize hotel rooms upon check in...though we do check for bed bugs and stuff!

Oh My!!!! I cant even think about that!:crazy2:

My husband thinks I am CrAzY and need some type of psychological help every time we stay in a hotel. I never unpack. I wont sit on the bed if the bed spread it still on it. It has to come off immediately. My suitcases cant be on the floor and I NEVER walk barefoot.

My husband on the other hand definitely makes himself to home. He will lay on the bedspread, let his clothes fall on the floor and stay there and he will even go as far as sweeping his hand under the bed to see if anything of his got kicked under there:faint: He is gross:rotfl:

I'm a therapist so you've come to the right place. ;)

I usually unpack, then put the dirty clothes back in the suitcase as I go. By the end of the week, I'm almost done repacking so I don't have to waste a single minute of Disney time. Of course I Lysol the drawers before use.

:thumbsup2

I have to admit, I have never thought of the fact that some people might use the drawers as dirty clothes hampers. Yuck!

That said, we DO unpack. I have to be settled in, so I can relax and enjoy our vacation... it's just how I roll!

For our dirty clothes (on a week long vacation), we take a laundry basket from home... a large one... and set it up on the shelf above the clothes bar/closet area. We throw our dirty stuff up there into the basket day by day (the socks and undies go in the provided drawstring laundry bag)... and when it gets full, it gets dumped into the suitcase, then we keep filling it! At the end of the week, whatever is still clean goes into the small suitcase, and the dirty stuff stays in the big one. When we stop off halfway home (we drive)... we do our laundry (and utilize the laundry basket again) at the hotel. Then we take home suitcases of clean laundry to put away! It makes unpacking and getting settled back in at home SO much easier!!

This year, since we will be staying at POR Alligator Bayou (we are a family of 5)....with VERY limited drawer space.... I plan to buy each of us a package of plastic hangers at the dollar store or Walmart (a different color for everyone) to hang up most of our clothes (an outfit per hanger). Our youngest will get one drawer for her clothes, then there will be one for the two teens to share (for pj's, undies, and bathing suits) and one for DH and I to share for our PJ's, undies, and bathing suits.

For our toiletries, we use an over the door shoe rack. we have two teenaged girls, so we NEED it to keep all hair products, make up, brushes, flat irons, etc organized. It works better than you would believe!!! We've used the same one two years in a row on weeklong trips, and it's still in great shape (it was about $10 at Target, and has about 24 pockets on it).

For our large family, organization and neatness is key when sharing a small hotel room for a week. If you went by our room, and looked in the window, you would barely be able to tell anybody was staying in there. That's how neat and organized our hotel room is!! We like it that way!!

I find it rather amusing the number of people who won't put their clean clothes in a hotel dresser for fear of germs (??), yet they then put those clean clothes on and head to WDW...where they sit on rides and bus seats and restaurant chairs that have had untold numbers of dirty, sweaty bodies on them (not to mention bodily fluids :crazy2:). Pretty sure if you pick up some germs at WDW, it's not going to be from the hotel dresser. ;)

We unpack. I put my clothes in the drawers without wiping anything. We walk without shoes and sit on the bedspread.

I use my suitcase as a hamper. Every day dirty clothes go into the suitcase and by the end of the week, no clothes to repack.

I find it rather amusing the number of people who won't put their clean clothes in a hotel dresser for fear of germs (??), yet they then put those clean clothes on and head to WDW...where they sit on rides and bus seats and restaurant chairs that have had untold numbers of dirty, sweaty bodies on them (not to mention bodily fluids :crazy2:). Pretty sure if you pick up some germs at WDW, it's not going to be from the hotel dresser. ;)

Too funny - you can drive yourself nuts if you think of any and all sources of germs:rolleyes2 I could never NOT unpack. First of all, who wants to trip over suitcases all week long? And then, you can never find anything in the suitcase, and all your clothes get all disheveled. Good grief, let's get a grip.

We unpack. I put my clothes in the drawers without wiping anything. We walk without shoes and sit on the bedspread.

I use my suitcase as a hamper. Every day dirty clothes go into the suitcase and by the end of the week, no clothes to repack.

This is us too.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter