Please recommend me a lunch spot at the MK

CHH is good, but be forewarned, the whole place smells like old cooking oil. The whole restaurant seemed a little dank, to be honest.

!
It has never smelled like that in my experience and I eat there at least once on every trip, usually 2-3 times.

If you appreciate all the guacamole and corn salad you care to enjoy, Pecos Bills is your place! The fajitas are easily big enough for two if you make judicious use of the toppings bar. And don't forget to head to Adventureland to get a Dole Whip!

I realized I forgot to answer the OP's question lol. Obviously I love CHH. I always get the tuna sandwich. It's really REALLY good.

I usually also do BOG for one lunch for the roast pork and onion soup.

Used to do Pacos Bills but I have not been there since the menu changed (just have not had a chance).

CHH- lighthouse (hummus) sandwich is very good. The vegetarian chili also is quite good and filling. My husband gets the fried fish platter and always enjoys it. I haven't had a bad experience there. Excited to try Skippers Canteen on my upcoming trip.

CHH is a must for us every trip. I always liked the fish but I've switched over to shrimp the past few times and it was more than enough food. DW gets chicken strips and likes them.

In order of preference for us:

Skipper's Canteen. You can usually get in even without an ADR.
Pecos Bills, all you can eat guacamole and you have me.
The Plaza - while the service sucked big time the day we were there, the food wasn't bad and you don't need an ADR. Be warned, the servings are huge and easily shared.

But it is not real guac and doesn't even taste right. :confused3

Be Our Guest is good, but most people I know with kids said their kids did not like the place.
Columbia Harbor House is enjoyable.
Cosmic Ray's has decent rotisserie chicken.

We have 3 little kids. We like pecos bill, pinnochio house and cosmic rays. Cosmic rays is rather pedestrian good but fun atmosphere. Pinnochio is fun and we like the flatbread pizzas. And pecos bills is a nice change of pace and we love texmex food. We usually pick a place to eat based on where we are at in the park and these three locations are spread across the park.

If you want a really good quick service I vote for cosmic rays. You can get large breast of chicken or burger. There is a bar with plenty of toppings,etc. outside seating is available or sit inside with a side view of the castle.

But it is not real guac and doesn't even taste right. :confused3

^THIS!
Be prepared for grocery store, "guacamole." The kind you can buy next to the french onion dip in the sour cream section, made by the same company that makes the french onion dip. Unfortunately, I thought Pecos Bill's Fajita Platter was an inedible, oversalted, mess. Nothing on the fixins bar could save it for me. The portions were HUGE though! :crazy2:

It has never smelled like that in my experience and I eat there at least once on every trip, usually 2-3 times.

Glad to hear that. It wouldn't stop me from eating there again, but it was very noticeable to me both times we were in there. It honestly just seemed like the whole restaurant needed a good airing out.

We did CHH for the first time this last trip and really enjoyed it. Upstairs was quiet and the food was good (broccoli salad & lobster roll for adults, mac & cheese & garden salad for kids-this one wasn't great). Also have enjoyed the chicken at Cosmic Rays. We did BOG for lunch thus time too and it wasn't anything special in my opionion.

CHH is an absolute zoo at lunch time. It seems everyone wants the Lobster Roll. While my wife liked the filling of the Lobster Roll, she wasn't particularly taken with the roll it was in. The roll was thin and reminded her of white bread.

My personal favorite counter service for lunch in the MK is Sleepy Hollow. The spicy chicken waffle, or (if you're there before noon) the breakfast waffle, are both awesome. If you're in the mood for a lighter option, the fruit waffle with nutella, is also a good choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter