Please post experiences using same day DAS selections using MDE App.

Was at the park last week and I was very happy with how easy DAS works on the app. There were some small hiccups but nothing crazy.

* a couple of times the DAS icon did not appear when I clicked on the "hamburger" symbol on the bottom right corner but I closed out of the app a couple of times and it popped back up
* after tapping into our scheduled DAS ride, I quickly booked our next DAS and two or three times it stated that one of our party could not book a DAS, there was an issue with the system registering them tapping in. When this happened I just booked the DAS for everyone else and once off the current ride went to a GET (look for the blue umbrella) and they added the missing person
* TAKE screenshots of the DASs you book and have for the day. Sometimes our current day DAS didn't show up or the system confused our day of DAS with the ones we prebooked (when they were close in time) and used the wrong one. I showed the screenshots to the CM and explained one was a prebooked DAS and the other was one I booked today and they let us by

Between DAS and Genie + our parks days at MK and HS went really smoothly. We were able to mitigate our wait times and take needed breaks to relieve some of the over stimulation. In Toy Story Land there is very little to no shade or seating but we did find a quietish, shady area by Alien Saucer right across from Woody's Lunchbox. You have to sit on the floor and eventually the noise from Alien Saucer just becomes background noise but it's not a lot of loud and startling noises from people and you're just looking at solid colored wall.

How do you use DAS with Genie+? We already have our pre-selected DAS attractions and bought Genie+ for the 2 days we'll be at the park, how do I use both? I'm confused with the tapping/booking time.

How do you use DAS with Genie+? We already have our pre-selected DAS attractions and bought Genie+ for the 2 days we'll be at the park, how do I use both? I'm confused with the tapping/booking time.
There are two types of DAS return times (1) your pre selected attraction returns and (2) your same day return times you make once in the park.

For DAS IN THE PARK, you look at the app and say "hmm, Haunted Mansion has a 55 minute wait. Let's get a return time." So the return time is the length of the standby line, minus ten minutes. So if you looked at say, 10 am, and got a return time, you would ride Haunted Mansion at 10:45 am, but it has no "expiration time" so you an ride any time that day if you want. You may only have one DAS return time (not including your two preselections) at a time, though, so until you scan into Haunted Mansion, you can't get another return time.

Genie+ is not based on the length of the standby line. Genie+ has individual time slots available. You cannot select a time slot, you are just beholden to the time slot currently available. So say it's 9 am, and I want to get a Genie+ return time for Big Thunder Mountain. Even though the standby wait might be 40 minutes, the Genie+ return time available to select right now isn't until 11:30. So if you select that, you can come back at 11:30 and ride, and it expires after 1 hour. The next time you can make a genie+ selection is either (1) after you scan into your ride or (2) 2 hours after you make your selection. The answer on whether it will be 1 or 2 is based on whichever happens sooner. This means you can have multiple Genie+ return times at a time, unlike DAS.

DAS and Genie+ times are disconnected, meaning you can have an active DAS return time, and multiple active Genie+ return times, and your DAS pre selections, all at the same time.

They are 3 separate things that work independently.
DAS Advance Selections are made in connection with doing video registration for DAS. They are scheduled at least 2 days before your park visit using a special chat. A maximum of 2 per day can be scheduled and they have a one hour window to use. They expire if not used and they don’t have to be used before making a DAS Return Time.

DAS Return Times are scheduled inside the park after the DAS user has entered the park ( ‘tapping into the park’ is just another way to refer to entering the park). The My Disney Experience app can be used to schedule a DAS Return Time, or it can be scheduled in person by going to the attraction or visiting a Guest Experience/Guest Relations location. Guests can only have 1 active DAS Return Time at a time.
DAS Return Times remain active until used, cancelled or the attraction/park closes for the day.
If using the app, you will see a list of attractions that are available for DAS Return along with the current wait time and when to return to the attraction. DAS Return Time is based on the current wait time posted for people who are waiting in line - some attractions are very popular and may have a wait time much farther out into the future than less popular attraction.

Genie+ attractions are chosen from the app, based on ‘slots’. Each attraction has a certain number of slots available to it. The app shows the next available slot; that may be far into the future if the attraction is popular. Once all the available slots for the day have been assigned, the attraction will no longer be available for Genie+
In general, guests can only have one active Genie+ slot at a time (there are some kind of confusing exceptions, but in general, it is 1). Genie+ reservations have a 1 hour window for use.

Since DAS Return Times are based on current posted wait times, they don’t run out like Genie+ might.
Because the 3 things are all separate, a guest could have them active all at the same time or even all for the same attraction.

There are two types of DAS return times (1) your pre selected attraction returns and (2) your same day return times you make once in the park.

For DAS IN THE PARK, you look at the app and say "hmm, Haunted Mansion has a 55 minute wait. Let's get a return time." So the return time is the length of the standby line, minus ten minutes. So if you looked at say, 10 am, and got a return time, you would ride Haunted Mansion at 10:45 am, but it has no "expiration time" so you an ride any time that day if you want. You may only have one DAS return time (not including your two preselections) at a time, though, so until you scan into Haunted Mansion, you can't get another return time.

Genie+ is not based on the length of the standby line. Genie+ has individual time slots available. You cannot select a time slot, you are just beholden to the time slot currently available. So say it's 9 am, and I want to get a Genie+ return time for Big Thunder Mountain. Even though the standby wait might be 40 minutes, the Genie+ return time available to select right now isn't until 11:30. So if you select that, you can come back at 11:30 and ride, and it expires after 1 hour. The next time you can make a genie+ selection is either (1) after you scan into your ride or (2) 2 hours after you make your selection. The answer on whether it will be 1 or 2 is based on whichever happens sooner. This means you can have multiple Genie+ return times at a time, unlike DAS.

DAS and Genie+ times are disconnected, meaning you can have an active DAS return time, and multiple active Genie+ return times, and your DAS pre selections, all at the same time.
This is great explanation. Thank you.

Hi! Would love to hear experiences using the same day DAS selections in the app. Did you see it before going to the park or did the option only show up when you got to the park? What are the times like so far? Please share your experiences here.

I’m using the app right now. It works well. You can only book the DAS when you arrive at the park, but then you can click on it and book your ride. I’ve used it several times and it has worked seamlessly. This is my first time using a DAS ever. I haven’t needed it in the past because my scooter/wheelchair resolved those issues. All of that, just to say, I cannot compare it to the previous system, but I thought it worked well.

As soon as you check in for one ride, you can reserve a return time for the next. If you have any specific questions, I’ll be happy to answer them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter