Please help with air from New England!

E

eeyoresmom

I need help finding decent airfare from NE for 3rd week in April(school vacation week)We can leave from any New England airport and are pretty flexible with dates,but I can't find anything under 300.00 and there's 7 of us!Anyone know anything?I can't even book hotel/rental car until I find flights.Will the airlines open up more flights or is that it?:rolleyes: Tia

That week out of the Northeast is pretty brutal. Most people book as far ahead as possible so by now, all the cheaper seats are sold out. Keep checking Jetblue, Airtran, and Southwest. Also try Orbitz. If you find anything under 300 grab it because at that time of year it will be a great deal. Where do you live and where are you willing to fly out of?

We live in central Mass and can leave from any NE airport.I'm thinking we may have to drive.

Try www.flyseal.com

Newburgh Airport is right off exit 17 on I-84 in New York, where I-84 intersects with the NY Thruway. Southeast flys NS into Sanford/Orlando Airport, about a 40 minute drive to WDW (MCO is a good 20 minute drive). We found better flight times and prices flying back out of Clearwater/St. Pete. We have flown in/out of Tampa before, so don't mind the drive. I have read positive reviews of this airlines on these boards. This will be the first time using them. We're going the same week! Got our fares for $59/each way, but booked when they first came out. Hope this helps!

What dates are you talking about and do you have any flexibility in dates? For example, albeit with stopovers, SWA has 4/13 to 4/21 from Providence fares for $194 per person plus taxes.

Good luck.

Ditto on mom's advice. SWA or try priceline. Also check with JetBlue. No way you will find a decent price out of BDL with Song now, though. There is a way on SWA's web site to do a flexible search which I love, it will show you a grid of colors indicating the prices of flights on those dates.

Try the Orbitz flexible search, and perhaps put in the code for the airport closest to you (Worcester is ORH, Hanscom is BED and Portsmouth NH is PSM for example), and check the box to look at airports within 70 miles on both ends. Right now is pretty late for booking April vacation week fares, as many people had these already months ago. For your search I plugged in Worcester to Orlando and all airports within 70 miles of either end; the dates searched were 3 days either side of 4/17 going down and 3 days either side of 4/23. The best I was able to do was 4/14 (very early) to 4/22 @$197 each, two different airlines with a stopover each way. Other dates might be 4/15 to 4/26 @$242 each on Continental via Cleveland.

This is looking awefully complicated. Since there are 7 of you, it might just pay to pack up the minivan and drive it. That way you get exactly the dates you want, and at a decent price for such a big party. Good luck!

Last year about this time we decided to go away April vacation. We left on Thurs and returned on Monday (DS missed Mon at school). I booked through Southwest Vacations (www.swavacations.com) I was able to do much better in a package than doing it on my own. Southwest holds some seats aside for their packages. You may want to try that.
Cora

There have not been any decent rates out of the New England Airports between 4/17 - 4/24 week for months. I booked my flight out of New York. Spring break for the schools in New York is two weeks earlier, so the flights are more reasonable when traveling Massachusetts school vacation week.

Orbitz shows that flights out of LGA are $211 RT with Air Tran. Delta has a non-stop out of JFK for $220. If you can take the 3.5 hour drive to NYC, then you can save a few dollars with your party of 7.

I'm trying all suggestions with no luck.Will keep trying though. Thanks everybody:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter