PLEASE HELP! NEED INFO ON UNIVERSAL AND IOA!

EBONYPRINCESS2000

Earning My Ears
Hi all! The 4 of us are planning to got to Orlando in May..The Kids are 5 years old and 10 years old. Since I have never been to us or IOA, I wonder if the rides at either of the parks would be suitable for a 5 year old. I hate to spend money going to either of these parks and there is nothing for a 5 or 10 year old to do. We figured the 4 of us would do Magic Kingdom for one day and the next day we would do Universal or Ioa before leaving the next day. thanks for any and all information..

Seuss Landing at IOA is great for small children. It is designed just for them.<a href="http://members.tripod.com/~dznefreek/IOAGuide7.html">Click Here</a>.
USF has Hanna-Barbera, Barney, Woody Woodpecker's Kid Zone, Fievels Playland, and Curious George.

<a href="http://members.tripod.com/~dznefreek/IOAGuide1.html">Visit the Unofficial Guide to Islands of Adventure!</a>

Besides clicking on the sites that dznefreek gave you, you may want to note the height restrictions for certain rides...that way you can be prepared ahead of time. You'll have loads of fun at both USF and IOA!

I was debating the same thing (kids 11 and 3). There is a lot to do at US and fewer at IOA. Luckily DD (and DH) don't mind doing the same kids things over and over so DS and I wll do the thrill rides while they hang out in the kiddie areas

<font color= red Comic Sans MS> All Star Music-April 2000 </font>
<font color= purple font= Comic Sans MS> Shades of Green- DEC 2001 </font>

We went when my child was four and he rode everything at USF. Kongfrontation, Hanna Barbara, Jaw, Back to the Future, etc.. As long as they meet the height restrictions, I think it just depends on the child. Mine is a daredevil and loves thrill rides.

I would suggest Universal particularly for the 5 year old.

My very first trip to Universal Orlando I took my son who was 6 at the time and his best friend who was 5. Both kids loved Universal but the younger girl, who was NOT a thrill ride person, had a hard time with IOA. She loved the shows and the Curious George area. My son loves both parks but prefers IOA because, like his Mama, he LOVES thrill rides!

Both parks are worth the experience, so you will not be disappointed no matter which you choose...

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

X

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter