Please Help Me!

Well we ended up switching to POR, according to my ta we got the next to the last room for our dates, so it looks like a lot of people like it. The more I thought of it, I could use the 2000 so many other places, and the bottom line even if its in a tent I would rather be at disney. We have a pin for the dining plan so we will eat free, if we went with a value we lost that pin so we stayed with the mod. We checked two rooms at a mod, but that was almost the 2000 we were saving. I will have to check on the air mattress idea, that could really work. I need this time to get away, I have used my last paycheck/vacation pay out to pay up all by bills through June so hopefully something will happen...Never ever thought when I went to nursing school this would happen:confused3. I have applied two places on wed, so I am hoping since its only been two days that monday I might...just might get a phone call. I used to always say I was 2 paychecks away from living on the street as a joke, now I can't even say that...thanks for all the advice.

I think you made the right idea. My children all fight for the trundle at POR (ages 8, 10, 12). I wish you the best with finding a new job.

Well we ended up switching to POR, according to my ta we got the next to the last room for our dates, so it looks like a lot of people like it. The more I thought of it, I could use the 2000 so many other places, and the bottom line even if its in a tent I would rather be at disney. We have a pin for the dining plan so we will eat free, if we went with a value we lost that pin so we stayed with the mod. We checked two rooms at a mod, but that was almost the 2000 we were saving. I will have to check on the air mattress idea, that could really work. I need this time to get away, I have used my last paycheck/vacation pay out to pay up all by bills through June so hopefully something will happen...Never ever thought when I went to nursing school this would happen:confused3. I have applied two places on wed, so I am hoping since its only been two days that monday I might...just might get a phone call. I used to always say I was 2 paychecks away from living on the street as a joke, now I can't even say that...thanks for all the advice.

I am glad that you chose to go with POR, we loved it there last year. Sending pixie dust:wizard: for a great, new, fabulous, job!

I would switch to POR & get a twin sized Aerobed. As you can see from my signature I have been out of work for close to 2 years. Enjoy your vacation with your family, you never know when you will get the opportunity again.[/SIZE]

you will be happy at POR. We stayed there with 5 people last September, it was fine. My DDR, 10 stayed on the trundle. She's tall for her age and she was happy, there on the floor. You made a great choice. Call mousekeeping and try to get put in cabin 14 or 18, they are the closest to the main building.

POR is awesome!

Very nice choice. I live taking the boat to DTD and getting a hot fudge sunday from Ghiradelli.

And I have checked it out (Thanks to tips on the DIS) and it is the cheapest 5 person in a room resort...

I am one that would have no fun at all there if I know what a burden it was going to be when we got home. I would move to cheaper resort. If your DH says CR is why he's going, then my guess is 2k may not mean as much to your family as it would others, in that case I would go have fun and heres some pixie dust:wizard: for an awesome job waiting for you when you get back!

Another excellent idea; you can lean it up against the wall when you leave the room.

fyi, some brand inflate and deflate in seconds so no need to even do that (we love the real aerobeds for that reason - they're also incredibly comfortable)

We also have aerobeds at home. My kids say there more comfortable then there regular beds. Good luck in the job search!!

My DD and her friend took tuns sleeping on the trundle at POR last year when they were both 10. It's plenty big for your average 12-year old or big 7-year old. I think your 12 & 7 year old will fight over it too! Kudos to your TA for the suggestion :).

You'll enjoy POR. It's a beautiful resort and the rooms are plenty big. I doubt that you'll be spending too much time in the room anyway, I'd be happy just to have a clean place to lay my head down at night. Sorry to hear about the job loss. We went through that last year when my DH, an attorney, lost his job. You're right when you said, you never thought that when you went to school that you would be in this position. Stay strong and have faith. It'll work itself out somehow. We had a pre-paid trip to Hawaii last summer and went with the notion that if we had to eat pb&j the whole trip, we would. We just needed the time away. You'll enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter