Please help me choose: OKW vs. Kidani for $100 more

yaya74

DIS Veteran
Non-DVC member here but would like to try a DVC stay in July.
Is it worthwhile to spend $100 more per night to stay at Kidani 1BR Standard view for 6 nights?
Currently my booking is at OKW 1 BR for the same length of stay.

My family stayed at the Jambo house in 2016 in a standrard room.
My kids are 9 & 13, not animal enthusiast.
I only consider Kidani because (1) it has elevator and (2) it has two bathrooms in a 1 BR.

Pls help! Thanks.

Is it worthwhile to spend $100 more per night to stay at Kidani 1BR Standard view for 6 nights?
Currently my booking is at OKW 1 BR for the same length of stay.

My family stayed at the Jambo house in 2016 in a standrard room.
My kids are 9 & 13, not animal enthusiast.
I only consider Kidani because (1) it has elevator and (2) it has two bathrooms in a 1 BR.

Pls help! Thanks.
"Worth" is subjective. Only you can determine how much value you place on that second bathroom and elevator access to the floor your villa is on.

A bigger issue for me would be that some OKW 1BR villas have bathrooms that can only be accessed from the master bedroom. I'm a light sleeper and wouldn't like having the kids walk thru my room to use the bathroom at night.

I would say no it’s not worth the $100.00 a night. I also think it’s good to try out different resorts. Yes there is an elevator but Kidani is huge and you might be wishing you only had to walk up a couple flights of stairs compared to being at the end of a wing at Kidani.
Best if luck with your decision.

Honestly, AKL felt like a ghost town when I was there last month. The property was beautiful and it was very cool seeing the animals out our balcony. The lack of current food options made it certain we won’t revisit until everything is fully open.

I’m not the biggest fan of OKW, but would pick over Kidani. Especially right now. You have a standard view and the only views “with it” are Savannah views, you will have more food choices plus you are close to Disney Springs which has even more options. (Is the boat running? Not sure). Olivias is awesome and I would recommend trying it fir atleast one meal. Rooms are also much larger at OKW. The only drawback you have is one bathroom as opposed to two at AK. But that’s not worth $100 extra a night to me.

Jennifer

Thank you all very much for the suggestions. I will keep my booking at OKW. :sunny:

Good choice! Coincidently, those are the 2 resorts we've stayed at with our granddaughters (a little younger than your 2 kids). They are animal enthusiasts, and the first couple days did enjoy the animals. But the thrill rapidly wore off, and they missed sitting outside on the full-sized balcony at OKW eating breakfast at the table, or just having a snack. Next time, they've said they want to go back to OKW.

At OKW request a room in building numbered 30 or higher. That way you will have access to the master bath thru the laundry room.

If you are renting points, SSR is less than OKW, Disney cash rates are about $120 a night less at SSR Where are you getting your prices?

Last edited:
If you are renting points, SSR is less than OKW, Disney cash rates are about $120 a night less at SSR Where are you getting your prices?
I booked directly with Disney for a better cancellation policy.

Are your dates fully within the Spring promotion (i.e. your stay ends on or before July 10th)? If not, sit tight until the next round of discounts is announced, and make your decision then.

If you are fully within the Spring Promotion dates: If it were me, I would probably not pay an extra $100/night just for elevators and a second bathroom, but I also really really like OKW. Much more than 2/3ds of the rooms are either on the first or second floors, because not all buildings have 3rd floors at all, and those that do do not have "full" 3rd floors. Be sure to follow BillPA's advice to request a building 30 or higher. You are likely to have that request satisfied; eight of the lower-numbered buildings are in the "Hospitality House" category, and I don't believe they can be booked for cash via Disney.

Are your dates fully within the Spring promotion (i.e. your stay ends on or before July 10th)? If not, sit tight until the next round of discounts is announced, and make your decision then.

If you are fully within the Spring Promotion dates: If it were me, I would probably not pay an extra $100/night just for elevators and a second bathroom, but I also really really like OKW. Much more than 2/3ds of the rooms are either on the first or second floors, because not all buildings have 3rd floors at all, and those that do do not have "full" 3rd floors. Be sure to follow BillPA's advice to request a building 30 or higher. You are likely to have that request satisfied; eight of the lower-numbered buildings are in the "Hospitality House" category, and I don't believe they can be booked for cash via Disney.
Thank you. Yes my rates are within the promotional period. The more I researched about OKW, the greater things I have heard about the resort. I will make the appropriate request and enjoy the resort. Thank you all once again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter