Please clarify this for me

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
The ABD website asks that you bring only one suitcase per person plus one carry-on. Does the backpack count as your carry-on or can I bring a suitcase, a carry-on (small rolling bag), and my backpack?

I don't know ABDs intentions, but, one suitcase plus one carry-on sounds to me like one suitcase plus one backpack would mean you had hit the limit. Another rolling suitcase that qualifies as a carry-on when combined with a backpack would sound like two carry-ons to me.

They don't really care, once you are on your trip. They will give you as many extra bag tags as you need. One of your prizes on day one is a duffel bag. Many people use this for laundry and add it to their overall bag total.

The carry on and suitcase can go with your luggage, which will be picked up early mornings on your "move days." Your backpack you can keep with you on the bus.

However, try to pack as lightly as possible. It becomes a lot to keep up with and to pack/unpack/line up/etc.

They don't really care, once you are on your trip. They will give you as many extra bag tags as you need. One of your prizes on day one is a duffel bag. Many people use this for laundry and add it to their overall bag total.

Is this a duffel per person or per family? Trying to figure out packing for our family for the BSM tour in August. Thanks!

Our first trip was a duffel per person, second trip was per family......

As for the suitcases, I think they are referring to 1 checked per person. We checked more and *way* more when we left and there was never even an eye blicked.... I guess if everyone on your trip checked extras, then maybe the size bus they use to transport between locations might not work as planned?? But, I'm guessing they always know that there are *some* of us in every group....... LOL!

We received one duffel per family last year.

I think what they say one bag and one carry-on that it does have to do with the busses. If you have a full tour and everyone brings several bags, then the cargo area will get stuffed. Half-way through our Ireland trip, the guides made a comment that the cargo area was full and that we should bring as much on the bus as possible. Apparently we were quite the shopping group! :laughing:

Thanks for the responses. We are a family of 3 and I am really hoping to only use 2 suitcases and 1 carry-on for the plane. We'll see what happens when I actually start packing though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter