Playgrounds at resorts

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by katie26, Nov 10, 2018 at 4:34 PM.

1. katie26

katie26 Mouseketeer

I can’t seem to find an official word on this, so hoping someone here will know!

I know “pool hopping” is not allowed, but can we use other another resort’s playground area? We are staying at Pop Century and have dinner reservations at Boma one night. My preschooler does much better sitting through a meal if he’s recently been able to burn off some steam at a play area, so I’d love to take him to the Animal Kingsom Lodge before dinner. Is that allowed?

Thanks!

2. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

I've never seen any CM's policing resort playgrounds. When my DS was little, we used to go to Ft. W for dinner, visit the stables and then he would play on the playground. No one ever asked if we were staying at Ft. W.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

AKL has a great viewing area where he can look out at the animals on the savanna before dinner.

5. Capitalangel

Capitalangel Mouseketeer

I don’t believe there is any issue with using other playgrounds. They are not usually crowded and it is not like one resort had a playground that is “better” then another ( except maybe Art of Animation) unlike the pools. My kids used the one at Ft Wilderness last month when we were there for dinner and a carriage ride and I never gave it a thought.

6. Best Aunt

Best Aunt "That's the best-est present ever!"

I've never seen a castmember near the playground at Jambo House. However, to call it a "playground" is using the term loosely. There are two slides which have things to climb on. I believe that's it.

Ds4angels likes this.
  7. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 TPAS Moderator Moderator

I guess I have low playground standards! We were really impressed/happy with the playground at Jambo (kids 7 and 3 at the time), especially relative to the other Deluxes that either don’t have them or recently removed them. It’s also well lit at night and relatively contained. It was a good spot to run off some energy on a few relaxing evenings. Sure, it’s not going to win any playground awards, but it worked for us.

IMG_8319.jpg

8. Brett Wyman

Brett Wyman Mouseketeer

^^^
    Thats a nice playground.

For comparison the one that use to be at the WL.

[​IMG]

GADisneyDad14 likes this.