Playa Sol Beach Question

Poly Pal

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done the "DCL "Cozumel Beach Break" excursion to Playa Sol Beach?

What was your experience? Was the beach crowded? Were the facilities nice? Clean? Can you go back to the ship early if you tire of the beach? It seems like an awful lot of money to pay for a day at the beach.

Has anyone done other beach excursions on Cozumel (not DCL)?

We did Playa del Sol beach when we went on RCL and had a blast. It included (in 2002) all you can drink alcholic and non-alcholic so we thought it was worth in ;) We also rented jet skis there and that was the highlight of hubby's trip. It was only crowded during the time the "Booze Cruise" (as my mother calls it)docked for about an hour and let the drunks off. It's a double decker party boat that both my parents and in-laws swear is the best thing ever. Although all the people on the boat seemed too wasted to be enjoying anything. I like to drink but not that much! The beach is very clean and the water is breath taking. Saw a lot of people snorkling. They also have a restaurant that serves mexican food (big surprise) They also have a pool with lounge chairs. A couple next to us at the pool ate the food and said it was very good. They were on Caranival and from NYC and liked the beach as well. Lots of non-motorized water equipment and even a water trampoline which was hysterical. I wasn't interested in seeing Cozumel so this worked out great for us. On PassPorters.com there is a trip report by "catswaway" and she has pictures from her Tulium sp? Ruins tour. It looked interesting. HTH. Oh by the way, the taxi wasn't included with our excursion and it was about $15 each way if I remember correctly.

I second Ker-Bear. Loved Playa del SOl.

Loved everything about it. Although there were alot of hair-braiders. Not a big deal-just brushed them off.

If you go to Playa Sol with Disney, can you leave early to return to the ship or do you have to stay all 4 to 5 hours at the beach?

Hi Polypal, we were going to book this excursion before i joined these boards and would have paid the $$$$ to DCL as i didn't know any better, however now i know you can book better on your own for a lot less $ , check out http://cozumel-beach.com
this is a free entry beach with free watersports, trampoline, kayaks, snorkelling, iceberg etc, massages $1 a minute i think, very clean facilities and great beach , $12 taxi from the port and then just what you spend on food and drinks, i figure the whole day won't cost us more than $50 for the 3 of us and we can arrive / leave at our convenience , both paradise beach and mr sanchos get excellent reports, check them both out before you spend $$ with DCl unless you are huge drinkers - happy planning.

We were there in April and loved it. We would do it again!
The DCL group was in a reserved section and they were very good about keeping it Disney only. We saw them ask people to move because they did not have the correct color wristband. When the party barge came and unloaded the party people they were sent to another area. The place was very clean and the people were very eager to please.
While we were waiting for the bus back to the ship we saw many taxis, so if you wanted to leave earlier it was possible.

My thoughts on beach days are to do them on your own. Generally you'll pay DCL 3x the money than by going on your own (any port).

We went to Playa San Fransisco (right next to Del Sol) for about $10 (maybe $15) taxi fare each way. Paid $10 for a couple of chairs and floats and an umbrella. We brought our bottled water and didn't eat anything there (went back to the Magic mid afternoon for a late snack). They have drinks, food, pool and watersports (not the trampoline or ice berg though). You probably can do the same things that the DCL Del Sol excursion does at Del Sol for at least 1/2 the price.

Mr. Sanchos and Chakanabb get good reviews. We will try one of them on our next western (not booked, not even contimplated yet - but there will be one some time :teeth: )

We went to Paradise Beach in April and loved it! The beach was sandy and clean, the water blue and clean as well, and the food was plentiful, delicious and not expensive ($32 for 3 adults for a huge hamburger and fries, spicy chicken wrap and fries, nachos, salsa and 3 large pops). Sorry, we don't drink so I don't know what the drink prices are. The taxis are very familiar with Paradise Beach and it's only $12 one way for up to 4 people. I was going to pay $84 to Royal Caribbean for the beach excursion, but wound up paying only $24 for taxis!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter