Platunum boarding

What did you mean by "Since they have stooped testing . . ."? You still have to have a proctored test 2 days before getting on the ship. And you can get tested at the Port but there is a fee. I think $78???

I wish they would. That seems like something they could easily give back now. Or even just let platinum check in a few days earlier, like they do for activities. I totally get why it had to change at first but now that boarding is back to "normal" why aren't they giving that perk back?

I wish they would. That seems like something they could easily give back now. Or even just let platinum check in a few days earlier, like they do for activities. I totally get why it had to change at first but now that boarding is back to "normal" why aren't they giving that perk back?
I wonder if they’re waiting until after the first few months of Wish sailings as they are likely to be platinum heavy.

We are on the Wish MV and had to pick a PAT.

I still think they should let platinum do their check in before others. while not being #1 is understandable, at least it might get us a decent boarding number. Staying up to midnight and dealing with the madness with everyone we are lucky if we get 12 boarding group, and that’s when you’re not getting the blue circle of death.

I'm starting to wonder about the 'benefit' of castaway club tiers, the port adventures are still not finalized when that opens so no benefit there and no open boarding. Just able to book new cruises before others
You also get free Palo and a 10% merchandise discount.

I still think they should let platinum do their check in before others. while not being #1 is understandable, at least it might get us a decent boarding number. Staying up to midnight and dealing with the madness with everyone we are lucky if we get 12 boarding group, and that’s when you’re not getting the blue circle of death.
I checked in with the crush of other platinum guests for the maiden and despite all the website issues got group 7. I did not hear of anyone who wasn't on Disney transfers getting anything lower than 6, so I was satisfied.

Well, you get the 10% with Gold, so really with Platinum all you're adding is the free Palo.
Sure. The post that I quoted didn't specify platinum tier, but I guess this thread is mostly about that, so fair enough!

The CC benefits are pretty lackluster compared to what you get from some other lines, but the tiers are also easier to reach. Booking activities early is the primary benefit, anyway, and that hasn't really changed.

When does check-in open up? 30 days before, 20? There's nothing listed on my account to tell me.

Never mind - it's 30 days - I missed that one!

Last edited:
For us, we used to check in 120 days out. I get why they shifted post COVID with all the testing and whatnot - port arrival times helping with social distancing - but for all intents and purposes, that's all done now. The perks of brand loyalty are very small and, to be honest, very lame. One $90 dinner and a lanyard that I give back to the stateroom host is ridiculous. 10% off? I have more DCL gear than I'll ever need. The past 3 cruises I've been kvetching on the comment card and done post cruise surveys complaining.

Grrr

Sorry, venting here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter