Plans set, everything booked, how's it look?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Just had to share the plans for our May trip. Today was my FP+ day and we got everything we wanted except SDD - which had 0 availability for our entire trip - and I was online the second booking opened. But I'm not too concerned as we have DAS we can use. So I'm in happy dance mode, so glad it's all done and booked! And just in that "Now I want to share our awesome plans!" mode lol.

Just as a reminder as you see the plans: we have health issues and special needs, so we require far more downtime than most here and don't do some of the attractions others would ;)

Arrival Day: land at 2:30. Resort night, enjoying the pool.

Day 1: AK. We plan on rope drop to close, making use of air conditioned shows, and a late afternoon ADR at Rainforest Cafe to help beat the heat. Seeing Rivers of Light. FP+ Safari, Na'Vi, RoL

Day 2: HS. We plan on sleeping in/relaxing in the morning, being in park for 12-9. Same as yesterday, plan on utlizing air conditioned attractions. Fantasmic Dessert Party. FP+ Aliens, Indiana Jones, Frozen

Day 3: Resort day. Plan on going to Fort Wilderness for the Chip n Dale Campfire. May also book 4:00 Hoop Dee Doo.

Day 4: EP. Plan on 9-5 or 6. Whenever we feel done. Kids are super excited to do pressed pennies "Around the World" and take in the Flower & Garden festival. Evening free to swim, relax. FP+ Frozen, Spaceship, The Seas

Day 5: MK. Rope drop to close again. Garden Plaza Dessert Party booked for HEA. FP+ Peter Pan, 7D, Splash, Meet Rapunzel & Tiana (split FP+ for the last two)

Day 6: Rest/resort/pack up day. We have booked 1900 Park Faire for 10:45 and plan to rent a pontoon boat after breakfast, to cruise around for our final glimpse of WDW

Departure day: fly out at 6:30 (up at 3:00...ouch!!!)

Sounds like a great vacation! For SDD, I'd watch wait times in the app and head over to get a DAS sometime after the Rope Drop lines die down a little. We rope dropped it on our day, and when we first got in line the app listed a short enough wait that we decided just to go standby. It took about 5-10 minutes to realize the wait was going to be a lot longer than we thought (and we were still underestimating it!) By then there were a crazy number of people in line behind us. Long story short, we were in line a lot longer than we'd expected and it was tough on DS. He handled it relatively well because it was early morning and he wasn't worn out from a day in the park yet, but in hindsight I wish we'd gotten out of line and gotten a DAS return time. I watched wait times off and on throughout the day, and on our day I never saw waits as long as the one right after Rope Drop.

Looks great! I know how you've agonized over this trip, so I am glad to see your plans taking shape!

Jealous that you get to see F & G festival in ALL of its glory.

Enjoy!!

I am actually so happy we're going in May vs. September now honestly. Very happy we're going to get to see this!

Don't feel bad, we have upcoming trip in mid-April and were not able to secure SDD fastpass either which was our first full day at the parks day after check in. I have been checking every so often to check to see if anything opened up with no luck yet and less then one month to our trip. I have heard through the boards that best bet if wait times are insane during the day is to wait until close to park close so may give that a try. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!