Plans have been filed for DVC expansion at Caribbean Beach Resort

not to jump in on you debate, but I am pretty sure its been expected that the new expansion at CBR is NOT CBR themed. CBR is being reduced, and that whole area will be new development and themed to a different area.

Add to that, you are missing the focus. The Gondola is NOT to address the theme of the new DVC resort. The new DVC resort is the HUB for the Gondola, the Gondola is just the new cheap link for Epcot, DHS and AoA and new resort.

Net, don't focus on cable car for theme, its based on cost and less bussing needed.
The Hub for the gondola is at the CBR south station which is part of the regular resort. DVC will have its own station but the main station will be part of the existing CBR.

The Hub for the gondola is at the CBR south station which is part of the regular resort. DVC will have its own station but the main station will be part of the existing CBR.
True, but the idea that it has to fit into a CBR theme is a bit rediculous. it is a transportation system for that side of WDW, not a "plus" for CBR.

Do you have any interest in that?

That would be a no. I'm a Grand Floridian owner and my idea of slumming it is staying at Yacht Club, which I love.

There is quite a bit of effery afoot over at CBR. Hubby and I snuck over there yesterday.

That's the food court...not other service capable buildings exist.

I highly advise anyone booked there during this period to call and jump ship asap.

As I stated in an earlier post: they Know This will suck. Not enough lipstick to put on it.

YES!! If you are booked at CBR during this closing period, BAIL! This is not a drill!! Get out!! They're trying to make it seem by adding a few grab n go options situated around the resort that this won't be a huge inconvenience and I am telling you, it's going to be far worse than they are making out. It's already primed to be a mess over there. If they are moving at the speed with CBR that they are at CSR, get out!! CSR is a complete mess and buildings are coming down over there quickly!

That is where the info came on the dining options. These letters just started going out and I am sure will continue.

Some reports of people calling in to switch resorts however isn't going as well. Disney is only offering more expensive options where the guest pays the difference.

Disney not making any accommodation to people is purely crazy. They should shut this resort down, but they won't because the pools are still open and you can take a 20 minute bus ride to DS to grab a quick service option, or any of the parks! Honestly, are there lots of options if the dining is less than stellar at CBR? Yes. LOTS. However, my resort rate better be $99 for making me think outside the box. The fact that they are charging the normal rate for this resort is appalling and people need to speak with their wallets and CANCEL.

We're only not because it's not like we're going to eat at the resort that much :shrug:

Um.... please stop feeding the bears. This mentality is justifying Disney taking away amenities and conveniences and charging you the same amount and you going defending and justifying it. Stop it. Demand better.

Anyway, so on another note, but on this topic.

I went to Disney this weekend. I spent all day at Magic Kingdom on Monday and it was magical. I had a really good time. No particular reason why, just had a great time. However, I did some research. I stayed at POP! for a night. I actually enjoyed this resort for the most part. I loved the energy of the place. Maybe it was because it was for just one night that I was into it, but I enjoyed the fact that it was just a happening place until about 1am. I was woken up by the pool music at 9am and I didn't even care. It was a nice way to wake up. However, there is no way I can pay more than what I paid for a holiday to stay there at any point in time. It cost me $150 for the night. I didn't want to pay it, but I really wanted to stay on property and rooms were scarce by time I decided to do it. I feel somewhat guilty for doing it, but I used it as an opportunity to see how this gondola idea would pan out. I forgot how small these rooms were. Now, I believe there is plenty of room to add queen size beds. Right now, they have doubles. Also, the hippy dippy pool has a cool little water feature with flowers spraying you. The pool, as it stands, cannot accommodate a water slide without significant overhaul, so I doubt we'll see that as an added feature. However, what I can see, are these rooms going up to $150 per night as the norm when an additional transportation option hits. Long gone will be the $87/night value resort specials. You can expect this resort to command the "old CBR" pricing and people will pay it.

I don't think transportation has to fit the the theme. It would be nice if it's not intrusive....but it's a necessary evil. I'm not sure there are a lot of monorails in the Polynesian Islands. I don't think getting on a city bus after the hoop dee do review is a good use of theme either.
Nothing says welcome to Barbados like wide roads and huge buses, good thing they are bulldozing that section.

That being said, gondolas are in the Caribbean, and may other places. So it fits about as consistently as most of the resort theme. It's sort of like going to Taco Bell and arguing that the food isn't authentic.

Disney not making any accommodation to people is purely crazy. They should shut this resort down, but they won't because the pools are still open and you can take a 20 minute bus ride to DS to grab a quick service option, or any of the parks! Honestly, are there lots of options if the dining is less than stellar at CBR? Yes. LOTS. However, my resort rate better be $99 for making me think outside the box. The fact that they are charging the normal rate for this resort is appalling and people need to speak with their wallets and CANCEL.

Preach!

And to everyone being affected, listen!

Um.... please stop feeding the bears. This mentality is justifying Disney taking away amenities and conveniences and charging you the same amount and you going defending and justifying it. Stop it. Demand better.

Yes seriously. This is completely beyond understandable. I really don't get why they wouldn't do this in phases. This is going to be an expensive lesson to learn, or at least I hope it is.

True, but the idea that it has to fit into a CBR theme is a bit rediculous. it is a transportation system for that side of WDW, not a "plus" for CBR.

I can see where he's coming from though. You are right, I mean, how does a monorail fit the Polynesian theme? That said, there is a thought that Disney is so concerned with cutting costs on everything, they have no problem ruining your ability to be completely immersed in the theming if it means a quick buck (also why there is a lot upset at the CSR tower not fitting in), and this would just further justify that stance. Basically I think on it's own, it wouldn't even be thought about. But added in with what people have said about paint looking old/flaked off, overflowing trash cans, etc., the idea of another thing that takes away from the themeing is really upsetting to some (though I am probably putting words in people's mouths, I like the gondola idea and as long as it isn't going straight through the center or anything, it wouldn't bother me all that much).

Of course I go to this resort and the food court is closed. If Disney is listening, you can make it up to me with avatar softs.

Will the resort mugs be available still, my mom asked and I said yes without knowing the real answer. I assumed yes and for pizza delivery

Just call and keep complaining.

They should compensate you, someway.

Even if you get some extra FP's, it would be worth the trouble.

I wouldn't settle for that, but if you're fine with the freestyle machine and a mug, at least get yourself an extra FP or two for the lack of amenities from the time you booked until now.

Customer service call centers are centered around getting people off the phone. The longer you stay on, the better for you. They'll make concessions just to get you off. Just a tip.

I wouldn't settle for that, but if you're fine with the freestyle machine and a mug, at least get yourself an extra FP or two for the lack of amenities from the time you booked until now.

Customer service call centers are centered around getting people off the phone. The longer you stay on, the better for you. They'll make concessions just to get you off. Just a tip.

LOL! I did that once. I refused to hang up until they fixed it to my satisfaction. I have also found emails really get a response and results.

I don't think transportation has to fit the the theme. It would be nice if it's not intrusive....but it's a necessary evil. I'm not sure there are a lot of monorails in the Polynesian Islands. I don't think getting on a city bus after the hoop dee do review is a good use of theme either.
Nothing says welcome to Barbados like wide roads and huge buses, good thing they are bulldozing that section.

That being said, gondolas are in the Caribbean, and may other places. So it fits about as consistently as most of the resort theme. It's sort of like going to Taco Bell and arguing that the food isn't authentic.
The stations themselves are supposed to be themed but the gondolas will not be.

Alright fine I will. Just a heads up I hate being this type of person but because of the uncertainty and the fact that I've had more than one recommendation to do so from seasoned veterans (with good arguments) I might as well. Although I will add that I hate being this type of person to call and complain whenever I should be lucky I'm going in the first place. Funny this trip was supposed to be a celebration for my mom finally getting divorced from a man who always called customer services pissed as all hell and now I have to do so just for the sake of ensuring my family getting away from something that they don't seem too bothered by in the first place.

Last edited:

That appears to be the case those. I have a friend in this situation and all they offered was to move her to another resort and if the cost was higher it was up to them to pay the difference. They are a family of 5 so options were limited and basically they can't do the cost increase and are cancelling their trip to Disney - they are pretty heartbroken and feel they put their loyalty to the company

I sent an e-mail to Disney executives to voice my displeasure (I got a response when I did the same after the cancelling of people's ADRs at CRT for the special 45th event) so hopefully it does some good.

I get that construction is going to happen but how you remedy situations like this (or not) is how you built loyalty (or destroy it)

Alright fine I will. Just a heads up I hate being this type of person but because of the uncertainty and the fact that I've had more than one recommendation to do so from seasoned veterans (with good arguments) I might as well. Although I will add that I hate being this type of person to call and complain whenever I should be lucky I'm going in the first place. Funny this trip was supposed to be a celebration for my mom finally getting divorced from a man who always called customer services pissed as all hell and now I have to do so just for the sake of ensuring my family getting away from something that they don't seem too bothered by in the first place.

Oh yeah because I kind of mentioned when and where I'm staying are these forums safe to disclose this kind of information?

Regarding the bold - What none of us should forget is that Disney is lucky to have us (or anyone at all) going. That should be in first place in THEIR mind...so call and make your voice heard:):):)

That appears to be the case those. I have a friend in this situation and all they offered was to move her to another resort and if the cost was higher it was up to them to pay the difference. They are a family of 5 so options were limited and basically they can't do the cost increase and are cancelling their trip to Disney - they are pretty heartbroken and feel they put their loyalty to the company

I sent an e-mail to Disney executives to voice my displeasure (I got a response when I did the same after the cancelling of people's ADRs at CRT for the special 45th event) so hopefully it does some good.

I get that construction is going to happen but how you remedy situations like this (or not) is how you built loyalty (or destroy it)

They shouldn't cancel. Go to the Disney Springs resort area. They have busses to the parks, should be the same or cheaper than the rooms they already had, and they will still get to have their trip (unless they are really set on staying on site). I feel for them though, that is terrible.

They shouldn't cancel. Go to the Disney Springs resort area. They have busses to the parks, should be the same or cheaper than the rooms they already had, and they will still get to have their trip (unless they are really set on staying on site). I feel for them though, that is terrible.

I didn't necessarily want to get into the details but one of their children has autism and being on site, spending time at the resort, etc. - it's what they need to do to to have the best vacation and care for her properly. She also has many food aversions so what will be left will not meet her needs. They informed Disney of this and they still said "too bad"

I didn't necessarily want to get into the details but one of their children has autism and being on site, spending time at the resort, etc. - it's what they need to do to to have the best vacation and care for her properly. She also has many food aversions so what will be left will not meet her needs. They informed Disney of this and they still said "too bad"

That is beyond ridiculous.

I am not saying call and complain. Usually the nice approach works very well. Invoke empathy with the rep. State, "I'm sure you would be displeased to find out that the resort you were going to be staying at is having unexpected construction which will affect your stay too". Just be very nice and invoke empathy and demand nothing. State, "some things that I would find acceptable solutions would be ....." and name your terms.

There's no reason to call and complain. Just call and state, "I don't feel comfortable paying the price I'm being charged to stay at the resort when it is undergoing significant closures that will affect my trip that I was not made aware before booking, but much later and would rather have the option to be moved to another resort that is equal or better in amenities for the same cost. Be nice and invoke empathy. It wins every time.

Perhaps you can get a free upgrade on your dining plan. Perhaps they will give you an upgrade and a gift card. If the first rep says no, keep climbing the ladder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter