Plans for the Muppet Studios

I was "home" in June and October last year (going back in four weeks but who's counting...) and I spoke at length with a MuppetVision CM, who broke my heart into about a million pieces with the news that the Studios are in development to make a lot of big changes...including taking out the Muppets. And Indy. The expansion is for Cars and Star Wars.
I wouldn't call it "news."

The MuppetVision CM does not know any more about this than park guests know. CMs read and discuss the same rumors that guests do.

Given the success of the enhancements to Disney California Adventure and the need to remain competitive with Universal, it's likely that DHS will get a major upgrade in the coming years. Imagineers have undoubtedly been asked to come up with various concepts.

Until Disney's top executives approve and fund something specific, what will be removed and what the project will include are just speculation.

Still praying that one day, some day, Disney builds a Muppet expansion at DHS! With the huge success of "The Muppets" and the upcoming "Muppets Most Wanted", I don't see why a Muppets project has not been brought back by Disney already.

I would 10000 times rather have Muppet Land than Avatar whatever. *grumblegrumble*

The Muppets are so big right now that I can't imagine they'd take out Muppet*Vision completely. I don't know how ridiculously difficult it would be to move it to a new location, or rebuild it elsewhere. But it just doesn't make sense to bulldoze it with the success of the recent film and the next one coming out soon!

I think that there may be some was to Marry up the muppets with Star Wars and create a new movie so that they can stay! My kids LOVE to watch muppet/star wars combos ....from season 4 of he muppet show all the way to muppet babies do Star Wars (Luke Skyhopper anyone?) - we would all like that in this house! !

A new version of Pigs In Space with a Star Wars angle. Could be good.

A long time a go, in a pig sty far far away...

Wocka wocka!
:darth: :yoda:

I'd be so sad if the Muppets went away. I've always loved my favorite marionette-puppets :(

I wouldn't call it "news."

The MuppetVision CM does not know any more about this than park guests know. CMs read and discuss the same rumors that guests do.

Given the success of the enhancements to Disney California Adventure and the need to remain competitive with Universal, it's likely that DHS will get a major upgrade in the coming years. Imagineers have undoubtedly been asked to come up with various concepts.

Until Disney's top executives approve and fund something specific, what will be removed and what the project will include are just speculation.

Wouldn't it be lovely if someone's tone of voice could be indicated in type. That would prevent me from thinking that your name should be edited slightly, from horse collar, to horse's a**.

THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THIS BOARD IS SPECULATION. That's one of the fun parts!

And you don't actually know that the CM I spoke with wasn't a member of the design team, or the Imagineering team, or...heck it could have been Iger himself.

It wasn't.

But it could have been.

So your snotty little reply really doesn't fit the tone of imagination and fun that is the spirit of Disney and this board.

With that out of the way...It's been well known for some time that a major expansion is on the way for the Studios. They will complete the Avatar theming in AK and move to the next large scale project, which will be a wonderful new addition to the theme park experience. We can all just hope that our beloved Muppets aren't sacrificed to that eventual end.

If Jim Henson hadn't dies so suddenly and early, I firmly believe that there would have been a LOT more Muppet presence at the parks. Sadly the remaining family and Disney took forever to get working agreements hammered out and took away all momentum the brand ever had.

Sad ... I love the Muppets deeply and would have absolutely adored a Muppets-themed restaurant where Pizza Planet is now, as go the old rumors.

THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THIS BOARD IS SPECULATION. That's one of the fun parts! And you don't actually know that the CM I spoke with wasn't a member of the design team, or the Imagineering team, or...heck it could have been Iger himself.

Bob Iger as a "Muppetvision CM". Now that would be news. LOL. Your defensive response to Horace was a bit out of line. You DID say you spoke to a "Muppetvision CM". I'm quite sure there aren't any designers, imagineers, or Disney executives working the queue at MV360 these days. It's been a LONG time since the attraction opened.

Wouldn't it be lovely if someone's tone of voice could be indicated in type. That would prevent me from thinking that your name should be edited slightly, from horse collar, to horse's a**.
This is a discussion forum. When something is labeled as "news," the question of whether it's really news seems like a legitimate thing to discuss. Nothing I wrote is a personal attack. I'm not sure how my comments warrant the suggestion that I'm a "horse's a**."

I agree that speculation and discussion can be fun. That's why I took the time to discuss.

I actually felt bad that a MuppetVision CM broke someone's heart "into about a million pieces," despite the fact that the removal of MuppetVision is by no means a certainty. It's only a rumor, not news, at this point.

So your snotty little reply really doesn't fit the tone of imagination and fun that is the spirit of Disney and this board.

I'm genuinely sorry that my words came across as a "snotty little reply," rather than as normal discussion of a topic on a discussion forum.

Ooookay, time for a breather here.
I just wanted to point out that the muppets were never OUT of fashion. Generations of children have grown up with Sesame Street, and while they don't know the show characters as well, they are still a common entity.
Do I want to see it updates? Sure
Do I still go each time I see it? Sure, just like I watch reruns of the old show.

Do I like to watch verbal fighting on a site where we all love Disney? Not particularly. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter