Planning possible fall/08 trip....

mommyof2boys1girl

I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine...
If plans work the way I want (yeah, right!:banana: ), we will be taking a trip to CA this fall to do some house hunting. And, of course, I can't go to CA without a little "side trip" to DL!!! I am thinking of proposing to dh a 2 wk trip - DL, Legoland, seaworld and house hunting. is there any way I can actually pull this off? IS there a snowball's chance in hell that I could pull off 5 days at DL (weedays), a day at Legoland, a day at Seaworld and then 7 or so more days for house hunting?

Some early thoughts:

According to Getawaytoday, a 7 or 8 day parkhopper is only $10 more than a 5 day, so we might go with that and then have the flexibility of using a "day" for just opening time till 1pm, have naps then go househunting in the afternoon, or something.

I want to avoid weekends at ALL COSTS, unless we head in solely for the DEP or fireworks (another reason for "extra" parkhopper days...)

As far as where we want to buy, etc....we are waiting for some investment stuff to sort itself out, then we will have a good idea of what our budget is. We are basically looking for a winter getaway spot that is central to a lot of fun things to do in CA - namely, DL, Legoland, sea world, SD, etc...., so perhaps not right IN Anaheim, but certainly within easy driving distance.

So what would be a good time in the fall to try and do this? When do they put up the Christmas decorations? We'd definitely like to do during a "low crowd" time - LOVED being there for low season this May - weeday crowds were easily handled by my impatient crew. Weekend ones, not so much!;)
Any ideas, or am I just in the "denial" stage of DL withdrawl....?

Carm Carm Carm...you didn't upgrade to the APs? I'm sad. :upsidedow

Fall is great. They had the xmas decorations up by the time, I believe, of the US Thanksgiving (which is, I believe, the 4th Thursday of November) last year. Before that the Halloweentime decorations were up.

You'll have the Haunted Mansion Holiday up, if that makes a difference to you...

House hunting in CA? :scared: As someone who hated living in CA and ran far far away to the great northwest at the tender age of 17, I can't comprehend. Then again, don't you sometimes wish US and Canada had a one for one thing...so if you guys move to the States, we could move to Canada as a switch, without going through anything obnoxious like proving we're worthy of living there? :)

I think that since you didn't upgrade on this trip, it would behoove you to upgrade on your Fall trip...you're obviously addicts, so it only makes sense. :goodvibes :goodvibes

I want to avoid weekends at ALL COSTS

FWIW, I've been 3 times on a Sunday. & all 3 times, DL was empty until about 10:30-11am. Plenty of time to ride a dozen rides & pick up 3-4 FPs for the evening. Then hop to DCA or just take a break from the parks the rest of the day.

(But also Aladdin & the Fireworks are usually good events to enjoy on a Sunday during off season too.)

Looks like someone caught the DLR bug. :rolleyes1

:lmao:

Wow it's been what a week back and you're already starting to plan again! :rotfl2:

All of September is a good time to visit, however Haunted Mansion Holiday won't be open until later in the month. October is moderately crowded throughout the entire month, however there's the ticketed Mickey's Halloween Treat at DCA on certain days and lots of decorations. November is good, but definitely avoid Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving. Early December has relatively low crowds except for the Candlelight Processional (an annual Christmas event) at the beginning of the month. However in December I do believe the Christmas fireworks are shown daily, not just on weekends (however Fantasmic stll is). DEP doesn't usually run, even on weekends, from Labor Day (early September) to late December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter