Planning is half the fun!!!

jillyjoey

DIS Veteran
Who is with me that planning for you WDW trip is half the fun? My DH says I am afflicted. Don't care, I admit I am obsessed.

BTW, in addition to travel books, if you are a Disney addict you may want to read Mouse Under Glass -- pretty cool book about Disney movies.

I have the same sickness as you...planning another trip now. My wife has decided that I'm only happy if I'm planning our next trip to Disney.

I'm giving Tourguide Mike a try right now, too. Read the unofficial guide, and figure between the two I should be pretty well armed when we get there in August.

I know the feeling... I am one of those "overplanners". I am constantly planning for our next trip "home". After all of the planning is done I become rather bored then the anxiousness sets in on waiting for our trip date to come upon us.

We do plans but don't always follow them.

Last year I was a fanatic. I found out what park had extra magic hours on what days and planned our daily trips to them accordingly. Because of the heat in September we didn't follow our plans to the "t". This year I have made our ADR's for September but I am letting my sons decide on which parks on what day but I know they will want to visit AK on the first day for Expedition Everest. I guess it fun to plan everything but sometime reality sets in and you just can't do everything on your to-do list. I think a major disruption last year was because of the heat, it really set me back a loop- we are from the north and our summers are nothing like Orlando.

I'm totally with you that planning is part of the fun. As soon as we return from a trip to the world, I immediately begin planning the next one. :sunny:

I have 2 trips all set and am looking for an extrended weekend trip (dang those PAP's)between the 2 .We just went to sixflags and spotted a display of Disney stuff.

DW just started laughing at me .

I feel that the planning is the actual start of the vacation (for me, anyway - I do it all!)

We are going in August, and I am already starting to think about our trip for next year!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: I have a legitiment "excuse", though. Have granddaughters and want to take each of them. That is the excuse that I use. In reality, I want to go!!!! Always end up taking all three with me!! WHAT!!!! I cannot take just one!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :wizard:

it makes the entire trip worth it, my family does not understand why i plan, but they always rave about how great the trip was and all the things we did and how much they enjoyed it, ok-duh all my planning, this year my neice will be celebrating her birthday i am planning for that, but i am not telling anyone about that, so i can't wait to see her face.

Planning is half the fun... My DB is taking me there for my birthday and its supposed to be a surprise.... I cant help but to throw my two cents in!! :) to much fun... its all worth it when you get there. No matter if you stick to the plans or not, it always makes me more excited to do it! :)

Tosie said:
I feel that the planning is the actual start of the vacation (for me, anyway - I do it all!)

I am right there with you!!! But, it is a labor of love. We leave in 10 days and planning this vacation has really gotten me through a long, hard and cold winter. I feel like it is my part time job :lovestruc :lovestruc We had a sad winter: lost 2 family members. :guilty: So we are all really looking forward to it. I ordered a goodie basket from Peggy's Sweets to be delivered to my 4 boys(DH, and 3 DS) We are staying at the Poly for the first time :banana: :banana:

Mermaid4me :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Poly Apr 06
CR 05
ASMO 01
Offsite 86
CR 79

I LOVE to plan for an upcoming trip. It's my drug of choice :rotfl: DH thinks I'm crazy and I tend to get on his and the dd's nerves at times. :rolleyes2

I love planning our trips!

jillyjoey said:
Who is with me that planning for you WDW trip is half the fun? My DH says I am afflicted. Don't care, I admit I am obsessed.

BTW, in addition to travel books, if you are a Disney addict you may want to read Mouse Under Glass -- pretty cool book about Disney movies.

I love planning for our first disney trip. My husband thinks I am nuts. I am always lurking on these boards. He said he doesn't even want to think about the trip until a week before. I think half the fun is planning. :woohoo:

jillyjoey said:

My DH is afraid after all the planning and excitment I will be disappointed when we get there. Of course I'm not the least bit worried about that :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter