Planning a Trip in 2020? Let's Share Our Budgets!

I wish I knew someone with DVC! DH and I were both CMs eons ago and could have bought DVC dirt cheap - really they were giving it away to CMs at the time - but what did we know?

I booked a cruise for May 2021 a couple of weeks ago - the price was the lowest I had seen for Hawaii and got perks not usually available to our cabin type - yesterday I looked it up again (cause I do that ;)) and it was already $800 more and the perk was gone.
Nice job booking that cruise when you did! Hawaii is one of my favorite places to visit!
🛳

I am currently booked for the week after labor day...AKL, four ppl with 5 day park hoppers, also planning on dining plan. Current price - $4700. Using every sort of discount gift card option possible, so far I have $900 worth (paid $750).

I think that's about what I'm hoping for. We're a party of 5, 3 of which are kids, so really, under $5000 and I'll call it a win. I'm fine with staying in any location that sleeps 5.

We are splurging this trip since it’s DH and DS’s first full Disney trip. It’s just me, DH, and DS (10), Feb. 26-March 3.

Flight - $2200 (going first class)
Package (Grand Floridian, Non-Park Hopper Tickets, Disney Dining Plan, Memory Maker, and Insurance) - $6800
Tips - $300
Airport Minnie Van - $300
Disney Classics VIP Tour - $800
Souvenirs - $1000
Extras (Airport parking, cat sitter, etc.) - $200

$11600

Yeah, it’s crazy, but we’ve been saving for 2 years and working hard towards this, so I don’t feel bad about it. 185 days!

Last edited:
We are planning a trip for summer 2020, most likely in July. Probably 10 park days and 11 nights, plus a night on the road each way. We might cut a day or two, and I'm still debating park hoppers. We drive, stay off site, and make/bring most of our own food.

Edited to add: this is for 2 adults and 3 children ages 14, 12, and 7. It's a little shocking how expensive it gets, even with all we do to save money. it is a long trip, but making it shorter wouldn't save all that much relatively speaking.

Tickets (10 day hoppers)2822
Condo at Windsor Hills1700
Throwaway night116
Parking200
Memory Maker169
hotels on the road240
Food1000
Gas (at $3/gal)429
Total6676

Last edited:

Here's ours - 2 adults, 1 child, 14 nights at ASM in Sept 2020:

10-day Non-Hopper Tickets - $1,535.00
14-nights All Star Music - Standard - $2,258.58
Photo Pass - $170.00
14-nights Disney Dining Plan - $2,611.42
PVD to MCO Flights (Round Trip) - $900.00
Merchandise - $700.00
Alcohol - $420.00
Tips - $300.00
Pre-Flight Hotel Room - $90.00
Tours - $90.00
Stroller Rental - $100.00
Halloween Party Tickets - $250.00
Travel Insurance - $160.00
Henna Tattoos for Sarah & Teej - $90.00
Pins for Trading - $25.00
Magic Bands - $30.00
Landry's Card - $25.00

Total Estimated Cost - $9,755.00

I got a Figment MB for myself and a Toy Story one for DD. DH says he will just use one of our old ones - now I just have to find them! May is so far away!

Last edited:
Planning a trip August 13-25, 2020

$3700 Room, 10 day tickets w/ park hopper and free dining (already booked through bounce-back)
$75 Airport parking
$300 3 sit down meals including tips (50's, GF cafe, and one other undecided) (most likely free through reward points)
$700 Airfare (most likely less)
$200 MK Tour (most likely free through reward points)
$200 Souvenirs (most likely free through reward points)

Hi. We are planning a family trip in October 2020. There will be 6 adults and 2 children (3 and 10 yrs). We are staying offsite since my brother has a free week at Westgate Towers Resort, through his timeshare company. We plan on arriving on a Sunday and leaving on a Sunday. We will be renting a van via enterprise since I am a state employee and get a nice discount and the rate I was quoted now and that I am budgeting for is $400 + gas + parking fees=$675

All tickets to parks and events will be purchased from Undercover Tourist:
  1. WDW 3 day w/no park hopper- $350.82 each x 7 =$2,455.74 + $336.75 (3yr old)= $2,792.49
  2. MNSSHP from UT - $103.67 each x 7 = $725.69 + $98.73 (3 yr old)= $824.42
  3. US 2-Park - 2-Day Park-to-Park Ticket - $291.27 each x 7 = $2,038.89 + $290.02 (3 year old) = $2,328.91
SWA airline tickets we budgeted for $300 each from SAT to MCO = $2,400

I have not budgeted for food and souvenirs since there are 2 different families and we have different habits.

Days planned are:
3 1/2 days at WDW ( MK, 1/2 MK for MNSSHP, HS, AK)
2 days at US (US and IOA)
1 day to relax/resort/shop/or go to Cocoa Beach

Grand total for 8 people for the must have items is $9,020.82. each person is $1,127.60 for a week in Orlando. NOT BAD right! lol

That is the mainframe of the trip. Once we book the week at Westgate, it will feel REAL!

We're going early May 2020. It's going to be just my DH and I so we get to fly instead of drive this time. The cost difference will be roughly $50 dollars. Totally worth it.

400--Flights
1700--7 nights at Swan
900--4 day base tickets
400--Food including groceries
150--Uber/Lyft
100--Surprises/treats for us

3600 total.

Not as good as I was hoping to do but it's his birthday trip and I thought he'd like the location of the Swan.

March 6-14, 2020
3 Adults (2 w/APs)
POFQ 8-Nights currently $2900. I expect discounts to be added later
One 8 day single park for Daughter $550??
Food $1200 (breakfast in room, 3 sit downs, the rest QS, snacks)
$ 200 shopping

With APs we are not blowing out anything like a once a year trip. This will be our 3 or 4 trip in 6 months. ( only one with daughter).

Then - We have two more booked - early stages. Late May at POP and 2 weeks at Fort Wilderness campground for 9/2020.

So interesting to see everyone’s budget and determine if things are stacking up right for us! It’s our first trip so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I think I have a pretty good handle on what everything is going to cost now though. This is likely our big “once in a lifetime” trip

Ha...good luck with that. I think most of us on here planned our once in a life time trip...and here we still are, always planning the next one. :rotfl:

Planning our first every WDW trip for September 2020. We are frequent DL goers, so we are excited to experience what WDW has to offer. We will be using lots of Military discounts, so hopefully that will give us some good prices. I am so lost and looking at all of your budgets makes me realize how much I need to plan and save for! I better start making spreadsheets ASAP!

Thank you! I will definitely look at UT for the Universal tickets but I don't think I can get my Disney tickets there or rent DVC points and still use a travel agent. But I am still debating on whether we can get by without the family suite and maybe stay at a moderate for a nicer pool and cheaper room rate.

You are going at a great time! I hope you have a wonderful trip. If your kids are big Harry Potter fans, don't forget you'll need the park to park tickets to ride Hogwart's Express. Have the best time ever!!!!

You are going at a great time! I hope you have a wonderful trip. If your kids are big Harry Potter fans, don't forget you'll need the park to park tickets to ride Hogwart's Express. Have the best time ever!!!!
Thanks! I did a lot of research to find the best time for us to go. January won with the milder temps, (hopefully) lower crowds, and my birthday will fall during our trip too! Definitely doing the park to park for Hogwarts Express. I think my family will be most excited by Star Wars and Harry Potter, but I can't wait to experience all of the classic and famous Magic Kingdom rides. :wizard:

We are going in October 2020 for eight nights, driving down and back. Right now, we have six adults and seven children - may add a few more as we get closer. One family (3 adults, 4 kids) will be staying at Fort Wilderness in their pop-up camper. The other three adults and three kids are staying in a rental townhouse offsite (we've stayed there before). The townhouse costs about $1200 CDN, and the FW campground was just under $800. Tickets are the next thing we will start saving for...

Our trip will be early December 2020.

2 kids (10 & 3), 2 adults

5 days, 4 nights @ POP- $540
2-day base tickets - $993
MVMCP - $500
QS dining OOP - $450
Candlelight Processional dining package- $250
Hotel overnight for drive there and back - $200
Gas - $0 (hubby pays monthly fee for free use of company car/gas)
Parking @ POP - $60
Memory Maker- $170

TOTAL: $3163

I hope to shave off some of this via discounted gift cards. Also hoping to do a MM share. My "goal" is keeping it under $3000. Should be doable!

Our 2020 trip will be Nov 14-24. We will stay in the same rental villa we stay in every year since 2017. It is in Emerald Island Resort which is very close to everything. 4 bed 3 bath, private pool and hot tub. We pay $100/night. So, $1,000 USD (could be about $1400 CDN) for the stay. Whatever that works out to in Canadian based on exchange rates at the time.

I am thinking we will just do the Christmas party at WDW (plus if there are any after hours parties I would do those), but otherwise we will focus on Universal. I plan to get annual passes for Universal on our November 2019 trip, and hopefully we can time it so those are still valid.

Typically we end up paying at least $900 (Canadian) for flights.

Rental vehicle, probably another $500-$600 CDN.

Before any park admissions or food is bought we are in for about $3,000 CDN.

I almost forgot, $500 CDN for our dog/house sitter. We have 2 Jack Russells and she comes and stays at our house with them. $50/day.

I guess I better get busy on mine! LOL! We are looking at going in September next year. Myself, DH and two adults sons. The boys will be 23 and 26. Yes, they still love to go. Especially the 23 year old. We want to stay at Boardwalk DVC and hope to rent points. The boys will pay for their own tickets but my DH and I will foot the bill for the place to stay. Not sure if we will drive or fly yet. Still in the process of thinking things through.

We are splurging this trip since it’s DH and DS’s first full Disney trip. It’s just me, DH, and DS (10), Feb. 26-March 3.

Flight - $2200 (going first class)
Package (Wilderness Lodge, Non-Park Hopper Tickets, Disney Dining Plan, Memory Maker, and Insurance) - $6200
Tips - $300
Airport Minnie Van - $300
Disney Classics VIP Tour - $800
Souvenirs - $1000
Extras (Airport parking, cat sitter, etc.) - $200

$11000

Yeah, it’s crazy, but we’ve been saving for 2 years and working hard towards this, so I don’t feel bad about it. 185 days!

Is your package for 5 nights??? It just seems like $6200 is a lot for 5 nights. Are you flying far from MCO for over $700:scared1: each? I know you said your trip was a splurge, good for you and enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter