Planet Hollywood - restaurant reviews

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Planet Hollywood is located in Disney Village.
As well as a number of the most popular dishes from the American greatest-hits menu, you are treated to a fun and flashy decor, movie memorabilia, and an extravaganza of movie clips on drop-down screens.
A variety of drinks, cocktails will refresh you after a long day in the park.
The menu includes dishes like starter of chorizo and three-cheese potato skins, main course of classic cheeseburger with fries, and massive desserts to delight the kids, like double chocolate brownie with ice cream and hot fudge.
If you own the Brits Guide to DLP you'll find a helpful money off coupon on the back cover
:thumbsup2

Great place to eat with teenagers , my 3 love it.

No problems using the Brits Guide coupon & the discount is worth it.

Try calling in when passing for a same day booking, saves queueing, as it's very popular

We ate here last december and had a great meal. We arrived as the fantilusion parade was starting so we had no wait. ( you can't prebook a time)
We had a great meal with fast service. Her are some photos of what we ate . We had 3 starters the VIP platter the bruschetas and the potato skins. 4 main courses 8 soft drinks and 2 puddings. With the discount from Simons book paid less than 100 euros.
Here are some photos.
largechip139.jpg

largechip138.jpg

I agree - now I am torn whether to go for Planet Hollywood or Annette's on our last day - maybe the length of the queue at each will be the decider - which one did you prefer, Nikki?

Its Annetts for me every time.

IMO Planet Hollywood is too noisy and too busy whereas when you are seated in Annettes the place seams less hectic (although still busy). Its a much brighter, airier place and I find the staff happier.

Slightly cheaper too.

Of course, food preferences and the ambiance of a place is a personal thing and my DH42 much prefers the bustle of PH.

My preference would be Annettes we have had good meals in both but the singing and dancing in Annette's is probably a deciding factor.

we ate here yesterday, and felt that the place was a bit grubby,
The non smoking area can not really be classed as non smoking as we could still smell smoke from the smoking area. The service was slow however this did not bother us as we wanted a long meal. Food was nice however they served DD meal on a plate that was badly chipped which a child could easily cut them self as in places the chipped areas of the plate were quite sharp, DBF beer glass was also chipped.
The Gorillas in the Mist cocktail was lovely.

I think the place will be a lot better if they give it a refurb, and hopefully it will soon become completely non smoking.

I love Planet Hollywood as I'm a smoker and I enjoy a cigarette after a mealbut I would agree with wideeyes that the non-smoking areas, in some parts, do probably smell of smoke, although it may depend on where you are situated. Though I think it may be changing to non-smoking soon?

I've had the swordfish, the chicken caesar salad and the lasange (?!) here, and all have been fabulous, and you can get a doggy bag if you like lol. Also, the cocktails are fab and I've never had to wait longer than 15 minutes for a table. I'll try get some pics on my next trip. Great for those who enjoy films, as film clips are shown on all screens which I love :)

Dh & I ate lunch here on the 8th. We must have beat the rush, we were seated as soon as we walked in. The service was quick & our food was good. Dh ordered a steak & I ordered the Cobb Salad, it was HUGE! I probably only ate a quarter of it lol Here are pictures of our meal.

2007_0308DLP_raw0163.jpg

2007_0308DLP_raw0162.jpg

We ate here in the early evening on the last night of our trip. To be honest, we didn't really like it that much.... :eek:

DLRP516.jpg

We felt the interior was a bit bland (!).... and we weren't impressed by the fact they were even trying to sell you things on the table!!

DLRP521.jpg

Our server was very good however, he came and introduced himself, informed us that the soup was not on today, and even left another couple of minutes incase that was what we wished to order.

To start, Robert had Sliders, which were listed as Mini Burgers... Note the MINI in that:

DLRP524.jpg

He said these just tasted like rather 'naff' oven burgers....

And I had the chicken crunch with creole mustard dip... It was ok I suppose, but nothing special. I did, however, think the salad was clever. If they'd placed the hot chicken onto lettuce, the lettuce would have cooked and wilted and not been any pleasure to eat. However, the carrot stayed nice and crunchy!

DLRP525.jpg

And then for mains Robert had the LA Lasagne... He was not impressed with this at all. He said it tasted like a nasty microwave lasagne....

DLRP527.jpg

And I had the BBQ chicken sandwich:

DLRP528.jpg

I was impressed with the taste, but not with the lacklustre presentation!! The fries were also a bit too dry for my liking.

So overall, we weren't too impressed. I also didn't like how close together the tables were- Another couple were almost sat on our laps!!

Don't know if we'd be trying it again. It filled a corner, but it was nothing special.

Bob xoxoxox

I love the food at this place. My wife and I normally try to get to PH for our last night at the park and Annettes for our last meal there at lunch the following day.

We ate here last night. No smoke problems at all as it is smoke free! Thank God.

Food was okay. I had the turkey club without mayo but they didn't seem to want to give me dry bread so they buttered it. Yuck. My cousin had the ribs and thought they were excellent. Service was fine. Used the Brit guide 20% discount which was also easy.

We ate here 5/19 for dinner and it was 80Euros for 5 of us, after the 20% Brit's Guide discount. We would not recommend it. None of us are picky eaters and no one liked their meal (I had the LA Lasagna and it was terrible- dry and tastless). The service was very slow, and the place was dirty and noisy. We loved DLRP, just not this place.

We ate here 15/5 and I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend it either. The tables (upstairs) are so close together you can't actually get out of the middle ones without asking people to move if the seats are occupied. Your children will be glued to the TVs on every wall rather than listening to you. Food was only average or below average and was too expensive to be average.

It's a shame that I feel compelled to agree with the last couple of reviews... We just found the reciept for our meal here and can't believe how overpriced it is for the poor quality food...

Bob xoxox

I was very disappointed with this, and is very over priced. I was also not happy with the planet hollywood in london aswell.

Glad we weren't alone!

We're all normally happy with burger and chips type stuff but the food was rubbish quality, small portions, we were crammed in and no atmosphere. The service was slow despite the place not being full.

We'll def avoid it next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter