Plan, plan and plan some more-AKA Mom's driving her son nuts- A September 2017 PTR

We are going to do the Halloween party on Sunday the 17th of September.

I think we're going on the 12th. I haven't bought tickets yet though.

We were going to do Hollywood Studios that day, but changed our mind because the price for the party is cheaper on Sunday than Friday.

Those parties are expensive! MNSSHP is around what I thought, but MVMCP is too much this year for me to consider doing again. Well I may consider it, :scratchin but I don't think we're going to do it.

I think we're going on the 12th. I haven't bought tickets yet though.

Those parties are expensive! MNSSHP is around what I thought, but MVMCP is too much this year for me to consider doing again. Well I may consider it, :scratchin but I don't think we're going to do it.
I agree about the Christmas party. It's crazy expensive.

Okay, so I was talking with Chris and we were watching the Disboards vlog.

I was teasing him and telling him that I'm going to buy him a swim suit. His response was okay. I like swimming. Double take. What? This from the kid that hates water rides and getting wet. Okay, so I'm going on a swimsuit hunt for him. It's weird buying swim trunks for him though. Because he's tall and very skinny. I'm not sure what size to buy him. So, I'll probably end up getting him the small size. Maybe? I'll definitely have to take him with me when I get them though.

I would love to go to Volcano bay when we are there. It's included in the tickets that we bought. Jordan might or might not want to go. Chris really wants to I think. I'm just gonna plop Jordan in the lazy river and he can deal with it. LOL!!

Does anyone else find the water in Florida incredibly gross? I mean to the point where I can't even drink it. I can't even stand the smell of it. Last trip I went to wash out my mouth in the bathroom and filled a cup halfway full and chugged it....I literally spit it all over the mirror. It was that gross. I swear I could even taste it in the fountain drinks. It got so bad that I only wanted bottled soft drinks. I eventually got over it, but man it was gross. The worst part is that I used to live in Florida. I don't remember the water ever smelling or tasting that bad before I moved to Florida.

So, there was a lot of indecision on whether or not Jordan was going to be coming along. I forgot how much drama dating causes. I guess it's because my husband and I liked our free space and free time. Yes, we would spend time together a lot, but he traveled a lot for work. I got lots of free time. LOL!! We just cherished the time we were together. Lets just say that his girlfriend is very dramatic and for a moment I wondered if he would go if she got upset. I finally had Chris talk to him and everything is okay. So, we are still going and we can't wait. LOL!!

I would love to go to Volcano bay when we are there. It's included in the tickets that we bought. Jordan might or might not want to go. Chris really wants to I think. I'm just gonna plop Jordan in the lazy river and he can deal with it. LOL!!

I don't like swimming and water parks and I still think Volcano Bay is worth going to. Even if it's just to see it and try the food :rotfl:

Does anyone else find the water in Florida incredibly gross? I mean to the point where I can't even drink it. I can't even stand the smell of it. Last trip I went to wash out my mouth in the bathroom and filled a cup halfway full and chugged it....I literally spit it all over the mirror. It was that gross. I swear I could even taste it in the fountain drinks. It got so bad that I only wanted bottled soft drinks. I eventually got over it, but man it was gross. The worst part is that I used to live in Florida. I don't remember the water ever smelling or tasting that bad before I moved to Florida.

Weirdly enough I don't mind the water there at all. We supposedly have great water here and I can even taste the difference in local water but it doesn't bother me in FL.

So, there was a lot of indecision on whether or not Jordan was going to be coming along. I forgot how much drama dating causes. I guess it's because my husband and I liked our free space and free time. Yes, we would spend time together a lot, but he traveled a lot for work. I got lots of free time. LOL!! We just cherished the time we were together. Lets just say that his girlfriend is very dramatic and for a moment I wondered if he would go if she got upset. I finally had Chris talk to him and everything is okay. So, we are still going and we can't wait. LOL!!

:thumbsup2

You know, you always have that one person that likes to throw a wrench into all of your plans. Jordan is getting ready to feel my wrath. I'm a very easy going person. So much so that I do all the planning and the boys can take part in all of the fun. Jordan however, is making this a lot less fun.

First it was, Oh I don't get up early. Yeah you do at Disney or you get left behind. Then it was I hate roller coasters. Then why do you want to go to Disney and Universal? Ugh....

So, I bought these super cute Minion lanyards. For the express passes and whatnot. I sent him a picture and asked him to pick one because Chris won't. His reply? I hate minions.

You know, Chris hates the fact that I make him wear matching shirts. However, he goes along with it because he knows that it's important to me. Jordan has no tact filter on him. Chris told me that I could kick him from the trip. I don't really want to do that though because I know Chris really wants him to go. I'm just tired of fighting with him every step of the way. Probably going to have Chris talk to him and explain a few things to him.

On a happier note, I bought 4 pairs of capris for the trip. I finally found some in my size. I hate to buy them this early. Especially since I just bought some not even three months ago. I've lost quite a bit of weight. almost to the point where my pants are almost falling off of me. I'm fitting into shirts that I have fit into in years. It would be nice if it would even out. LOL!!

I also bought some socks for when we are down there. emoji days of the week socks. LOL!! Then there was a Goofy sock and Mickey and Minnie. Pretty cute. Also went ahead and bought sunscreen.

Why does it seem that time drags up until vacation, but it speeds up during vacation? LOL!! I'm seriously looking forward to meeting up with some of my friends from here and from when I lived in Florida.

I already messaged you about the other stuff but time does drag while waiting for vacation :laughing:

Just a quick update. So, I've been working on mousekeeping envelopes for our trip. I went to Hobby Lobby and they had Disney paper. Well, it was for the different holidays. Thankfully they had Halloween paper. So, I'm going to use that.

Here's one of the first ones I've made.

mousekeeping.jpg

So, the trip if officially paid off. Yay!! I decided that since I've already bought all the gift cards for the trip, I might as well go ahead and send the numbers to my TA. This way it's one less thing to worry about.

I did fund out that my TA's niece passed away. I know that I don't know her personally, but I've used her so many times that I feel like I know her. She was only 17. It was hard enough losing my husband. I cried for them. The worst part is that they are going to Disney on Friday and she was supposed to come with them. I was just like wow.....

Went and bought 2 neckfans today. I figure that it can't hurt to have them. We didn't last year when we went and it probably would have helped. LOL!!

Just heard that the advance purchase price went up for Memory Maker. Glad I purchased it already.

So, the trip if officially paid off. Yay!!

:thumbsup2

I did fund out that my TA's niece passed away. I know that I don't know her personally, but I've used her so many times that I feel like I know her. She was only 17. It was hard enough losing my husband. I cried for them. The worst part is that they are going to Disney on Friday and she was supposed to come with them. I was just like wow.....

That's so incredibly sad.

Went and bought 2 neckfans today. I figure that it can't hurt to have them. We didn't last year when we went and it probably would have helped. LOL!!

I bought one for this trip, but I kept forgetting to use it!

Just heard that the advance purchase price went up for Memory Maker. Glad I purchased it already.

The price is getting pretty crazy. I know on our first trip I bought it and felt it was totally worth it, and I love that it's rolled into the APs it helps me justify the high cost of an AP. But if we went without APs I don't think we'd purchase it again. I like seeing ride photos, but we barely ever stop for the PP pictures lately.

I'm having to rethink a few things for my trip.

Originally I was planning on only renting an ECV for the Disney portion of the trip due to my fibromyalgia. Well, that might have to change. The reason for that is because of the fact that my fibro is getting increasingly worse.

I went to the Tennessee Aquarium yesterday. We've done this in the past and I've never had an issue. There's a lot of walking involved, but fortunately most of it is downhill. Kind of like on an elevated walking platform. You walk downhill. Well, we were only there for 2 and a half hours. I was definitely feeling it afterwards. I got home last night and I could tell that I overdid it. Which really stinks because I honestly hate it when my body betrays me like that. I take medicine for it, but it's a hit or miss on whether the medicine will work or not. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. And when it works it puts me in a fog. When it doesn't work. Watch out. I can't walk. Can't get out of bed. Can't open or close my hands. Then there is the constant burning in my hands. That's present all the time whether I overdo it or not. It's really awful and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

The point of all this is, that I was going to try and do the Universal portion of the trip without it. However, at this point I'm thinking I might have to I'm really hating this.I like to be independent, but at this point I'm not sure if it's possible. I walk and get exercise so that's not the point. It's just any exercise I do is going to come back to me in the form of terrible pain for the next few days. Sometimes it makes me not even want to go to Disney or Universal. Since we will have the Express pass since we are staying onsite I won't need any kind of special pass. Nor would I use it anyway. I know there are people that are much worse off that I am. I guess I'll have to make a decision soon.....

Originally I was planning on only renting an ECV for the Disney portion of the trip due to my fibromyalgia. Well, that might have to change. The reason for that is because of the fact that my fibro is getting increasingly worse.

Oh no :hug:

The point of all this is, that I was going to try and do the Universal portion of the trip without it. However, at this point I'm thinking I might have to I'm really hating this.I like to be independent, but at this point I'm not sure if it's possible. I walk and get exercise so that's not the point. It's just any exercise I do is going to come back to me in the form of terrible pain for the next few days. Sometimes it makes me not even want to go to Disney or Universal. Since we will have the Express pass since we are staying onsite I won't need any kind of special pass. Nor would I use it anyway. I know there are people that are much worse off that I am. I guess I'll have to make a decision soon.....

If it's going to cause you pain to walk around though, wouldn't it be better to have it just in case? If I had any kind of issue that made it difficult to walk I would definitely get one because it's more walking than I ever do anywhere. I usually end up limping due to blisters or something by the end of the week :rotfl:Staying onsite and having EP will make things a lot easier too.

Oh no :hug:

If it's going to cause you pain to walk around though, wouldn't it be better to have it just in case? If I had any kind of issue that made it difficult to walk I would definitely get one because it's more walking than I ever do anywhere. I usually end up limping due to blisters or something by the end of the week :rotfl:Staying onsite and having EP will make things a lot easier too.
Yeah. I know all of that. I guess I'm trying to deny that I need it more this year than last year. I know that if I don't do it, then I will end up in pain.

It is cheaper to rent from an offsite company. Which is what I'm doing. I might just rent one from Universal when we get there. Especially since we are staying so close to Universal. And City Walk isn't the easiest place to maneuver with an ECV. I'm still trying to decide. I still have 3 months to decide. LOL!!

I hate when I get blisters. Which is why I have really good shoes now. They are cheapish Walmart shoes. But they have memory foam in them and they are wonderful. I wore them on our last trip and surprisingly my feet did not hurt as much. Because I do try to walk through a lot of the rides. I love viewing the cues. So, a lot of times I will park my ECV and walk. It's just the in between walking that does me in. I honestly hate using one because it's a mental exercise in keeping myself sane trying not to run people over. If that makes sense.....

Yeah. I know all of that. I guess I'm trying to deny that I need it more this year than last year. I know that if I don't do it, then I will end up in pain.

Aw, that's awful that it's worse. But it'll be worse to not enjoy the vacation. And I know if you do want to rent one you'll probably use it because you paid for it but depending on how you feel maybe you won't need it as much. But it'll be there just in case.

It is cheaper to rent from an offsite company. Which is what I'm doing. I might just rent one from Universal when we get there. Especially since we are staying so close to Universal. And City Walk isn't the easiest place to maneuver with an ECV. I'm still trying to decide. I still have 3 months to decide. LOL!!

I can imagine Citywalk would be difficult but if you end up going to dinner there or something you could chose not to bring it since you wouldn't be doing much walking aside from to and from the water taxi. But you do have quite a bit of time to decide.

I hate when I get blisters. Which is why I have really good shoes now. They are cheapish Walmart shoes. But they have memory foam in them and they are wonderful. I wore them on our last trip and surprisingly my feet did not hurt as much. Because I do try to walk through a lot of the rides. I love viewing the cues. So, a lot of times I will park my ECV and walk. It's just the in between walking that does me in. I honestly hate using one because it's a mental exercise in keeping myself sane trying not to run people over. If that makes sense.....

Haha nothing works all the way for me. Probably because I don't get to walk a ton on average because of my job. Moleskin, cushioned socks, and inserts all help but the blisters are so unpredictable :laughing: Different places every time, and one time I didn't get any at all. Same shoes every time. I'll just really have to wrap them next time!

I'm having the hardest time figuring out which color magic band to get for myself. Purple is my favorite color. However, I already have a purple magic band. Granted it's the older one, but it's purple. So, I got a skin for my magicband. I'm wanting to get one that will match it best. I'm leaning towards pink. Ugh... This is so hard for me. LOL!! Chris and Jordan's are already done. I just can't figure out what color I want. Luckily I have 60 days to figure it out. LOL!!

Okay, so I'm freaking out a little bit. Went into the My Disney Experience app. Checking out everything and when I get to the tickets everything was fine until I got to Jordan's tickets for the 9 days. It's been assigned to someone else. Someone that doesn't appear on my friends list. Doesn't appear anywhere else except for the MDE app. So, I was kinda freaking out a little bit.

So, I was going to call them, but decided that this is what I have a Travel Agent for. So, I emailed her and told her what happened. She assured me that she was going to take care of it. It's really weird because when I go onto Disney's website it's correct, but it's messed up in the app. I really hate that app sometimes. If she doesn't take care of it today I'm going to be calling them tomorrow.

Got my Mousekeeper envelopes done. So they are ready to go. LOL!! I also bought some cute Stitch socks at Target. They had a 6 pack of them for $8. Pretty good deal.

Okay, so I'm freaking out a little bit. Went into the My Disney Experience app. Checking out everything and when I get to the tickets everything was fine until I got to Jordan's tickets for the 9 days. It's been assigned to someone else. Someone that doesn't appear on my friends list. Doesn't appear anywhere else except for the MDE app. So, I was kinda freaking out a little bit.

So, I was going to call them, but decided that this is what I have a Travel Agent for. So, I emailed her and told her what happened. She assured me that she was going to take care of it. It's really weird because when I go onto Disney's website it's correct, but it's messed up in the app. I really hate that app sometimes. If she doesn't take care of it today I'm going to be calling them tomorrow.

Got my Mousekeeper envelopes done. So they are ready to go. LOL!! I also bought some cute Stitch socks at Target. They had a 6 pack of them for $8. Pretty good deal.

Really weird, but the app seems to have trouble on and off for me too.

Ah Stitch socks so cute! :stitch:

Okay. Is it just me or do people get dismayed by people who basically do zero planning? I belong to a few Disney groups on facebook and some people are like, Oh we are going during September. The Florida kids will be in school. So we don't need Fastpasses. Really? Yeah you do. Cause there are some rides that have long waits. Oh and the best one is we don't need to reserve dining. Really? Are you going to be eating Quick Service the whole time?

Then when they get back they complain about the wait times. How they didn't get to eat where they wanted. Because they didn't do ANY planning.

The if you try and tell people that they should plan, you get blasted and told to mind your own business. Okay fine. Then don't complain about everything under the sun. It really just blows my mind. Even with as many times I've been to Disney I can't imagine not planning for my trip.

Maybe that's just me, but it really annoys me.....

Okay. Is it just me or do people get dismayed by people who basically do zero planning?

:rotfl:

I belong to a few Disney groups on facebook and some people are like, Oh we are going during September. The Florida kids will be in school. So we don't need Fastpasses. Really? Yeah you do. Cause there are some rides that have long waits. Oh and the best one is we don't need to reserve dining. Really? Are you going to be eating Quick Service the whole time?

It's annoying, but if they don't want help then there will just be more short lines and ADRs for people who plan.

Then when they get back they complain about the wait times. How they didn't get to eat where they wanted. Because they didn't do ANY planning.

I had a boss previously who seemed to hate everything and was a total jerk, and this is totally the kind of thing I would picture him doing. Although he'd never go to Disney he once asked me "what there's like 3 rides there right?" :sad2:

Hope y'all have a great time. We'll be in Disney the weekend y'all are at Universal. Flying down the 22nd, 23rd-24th parks and then fly home 25th.

Okay. Is it just me or do people get dismayed by people who basically do zero planning? I belong to a few Disney groups on facebook and some people are like, Oh we are going during September. The Florida kids will be in school. So we don't need Fastpasses. Really? Yeah you do. Cause there are some rides that have long waits. Oh and the best one is we don't need to reserve dining. Really? Are you going to be eating Quick Service the whole time?

The if you try and tell people that they should plan, you get blasted and told to mind your own business. Okay fine. Then don't complain about everything under the sun. It really just blows my mind. Even with as many times I've been to Disney I can't imagine not planning for my trip.

Maybe that's just me, but it really annoys me.....

I'm with you sorta...yes and no.

I would PREFER to not have to plan every facet of my vacation so far ahead of time, because:
It's a vacation
What sounds good today (food) may not 6 months from now
Someone gets sick (it's happened more than once), so that changes the best laid plans
Weather. When we were there in Feb, we had the rain that actually ended up flooding MK.
Individuals -- what if someone is really tired or injures themselves or whatever? If you've already got the day fully planned, little room for modification.

I'm sure there are some others, but those are what I could think of now. I guess in a nutshell, I consider a vacation should be rest & relaxation and not constantly trying to figure out where we have to be next.

Now the flipside
I understand the only way you're going to get the things you want is planning well ahead.
If planned well, it can save a lot of wear and tear on feet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!