Pixie Dust Express Double Stroller Swap - FULL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I would like to use the stroller july 11th-19th.

If there are any accessories that are needed let me know I will bring them to donate.

If these dates are still available please let me know and I will send you the rest of the info.

Thank you

As long as you got the money back that you invested in buying it and making the cover, I guess it would be ok to post it as a free swap just to fill in the dates to keep it going until you come in December.

Do you have a way to get it home?

If this swap continues I would be interested in October 18-23rd if possible. I would be happy to bring an accessory or something to donate towards it when we get down there.

I would love to see the swap continue but it is your baby so you must make the final call. I would love to have used it on our dates, it sure would have made my trip easier. Please do what makes the most sense to you:)

Well swappers, I've come to a decision. It was not an easy decision to come by and I have lost many, many hours of sleep over this. As much as it pains me to do so, I am forced to close the pixie dust express in June. I do not make any money on this swap. Heck, the way it stands now, I haven't even covered the cost of the stroller and the accessories that I've bought. I don't feel good about making this a free swap therefore it will not be. To the swappers in June and beyond that have already sent your payment, I will be more than happy to refund your money. I'm sorry that it had to come to this but I just have no other choice. Money doesn't grow on trees, well actually it does since it's a paper product but I digress, and without money for maintenance the swap just can't continue. I hope you all understand and won't hate me for this. :sad1::sad2::sad1::sad2::sad1:

Not your fault ...but am wondering how we will get refunds back and when?

I dont understand why they decided to do this though...geeeezzz

to all other swappers who are now strollerless~ walmart.com has this stroller for $179 and another double jogger same brand but different color for $149...

Does anyone know where to get a rain cover for this type though?? My plan now is to just buy it online via wallymart :)

to all other swappers who are now strollerless~ walmart.com has this stroller for $179 and another double jogger same brand but different color for $149...

Does anyone know where to get a rain cover for this type though?? My plan now is to just buy it online via wallymart :)

Refunds have already been issued to those swappers who are now out a stroller. :thumbsup2 That's a great buy on the stroller. I paid $250 for this one. I was stubborn and wanted this particular color. LOL I got a raincover from babies r us for $15

Hi,
I used a stroller similar to this in April, another swap, so frustrating that they are being closed by Disboards, but the highers up have made their decisions,

I wanted to let you know that I ended up using a clear rain poncho from dollar store, worked great, my girls could see easily enough, I split it down the seam and tied it behind, a big chip clip would work great.

We also had a Kiddopotamu Sunshade, which IMHO, was the essential of the trip.

Have a great trip, It was a really good stroller, I notice we have children of similar age, and it worked great for us.

I understand it is your stroller swap, but why are you ending it in June, right before my planned trip? I was to pick it up on June 5

Well swappers, I've come to a decision. It was not an easy decision to come by and I have lost many, many hours of sleep over this. As much as it pains me to do so, I am forced to close the pixie dust express in June. I do not make any money on this swap. Heck, the way it stands now, I haven't even covered the cost of the stroller and the accessories that I've bought. I don't feel good about making this a free swap therefore it will not be. QUOTE]

Why? The stroller was paid for, why not just let it keep swapping until it dies? What else are you going to do with it?

Why not keep the swap going?

A few posters have said the swap strollers only last for 8-10 uses. So far your stroller has been used nine times. Based on what was posted on the HUGE end to swap/share thread, the stroller is pretty much on its last leg now.

If people are still willing to use it (regardless of the fact that it's about to fall apart:confused3), then why not let them?

I understand it is your stroller swap, but why are you ending it in June, right before my planned trip? I was to pick it up on June 5

I'm sorry that it worked out that way but that was the only time I'd be able to get the stroller back to me. With the new rules being enforced on the board, I had no other choice. The stroller and the accessories aren't even paid for in full yet and by making it a free swap we have no guarantee that it will be taken care of. We'll have no funds to upkeep the stroller and I only want to have a fully functioning stroller that is safe for all our kids.

Why? The stroller was paid for, why not just let it keep swapping until it dies? What else are you going to do with it?

No, the stroller and accessories were not paid for yet. That's all money that has come out of my pocket.

Why not keep the swap going?

A few posters have said the swap strollers only last for 8-10 uses. So far your stroller has been used nine times. Based on what was posted on the HUGE end to swap/share thread, the stroller is pretty much on its last leg now.

If people are still willing to use it (regardless of the fact that it's about to fall apart:confused3), then why not let them?
I think you may have my swap confused with someone elses. Our stroller is only on swapper #3. It's pretty much brand new! The stroller and accessories have not been paid for yet.

Why not move the swap to a different message board. I think we are all in need of this stroller. Plans have been made, and for some of us, it is too late in the game to change. Please consider this. You have stated the stroller and accessories weren't paid for yet, why not charge $10 more per person per stay to keep the swap going?

I think you may have my swap confused with someone elses. Our stroller is only on swapper #3. It's pretty much brand new! The stroller and accessories have not been paid for yet.

I'm sorry

I should have said, by the time the swap ends in June the stroller would be on its last leg.

It was used 3 times in April. It is scheduled to be used 5 times in May and 1 time in June.
April
April 12-18 Karla AKL
April 19-22 IndycoltsRy offsite
April 23-30 marx VWL

May
may 1-2 marx VWL
may 3-10 frankiesmom POP
may 11-22 MMmomto5 SSR and AKV
may 23-27 Orlando Or Bust POR
may 28-31 Freddy Bear POR

June
June 1-4 Freddy Bear POR

Swap Closed
[/CENTER]

Maybe you missed the other thread. Some people questioned the amount of money exchanging hands in a swap. Many swap leaders and swappers stated that swap strollers are only good for 8-10 uses.
Based on what other swappers posted, by the time your June person uses the stroller, it will be time to trash it. If people are still willing to use it, let them. I mean really, what are you going to do with a broke down stroller?

Oh, many people also posted (on the same thread) that swaps were basically a good will effort among DISers. The swaps were a way to build community. A way to help out all the mommies who need strollers weren't able to get one without swaps.

They also stated that the driving force behind the swaps was the love of Disney and the desire to help out fellow DISers, not money.

Has that changed?

I hope things work out for those of you who were hoping the use the stroller after June 4.:flower3:

Why not move the swap to a different message board. You have stated the stroller and accessories weren't paid for yet, why not charge $10 more per person per stay to keep the swap going?
I did move it to another board and was told a few days later to remove it as swaps weren't allowed. No more money can be charged. It has to be completly 100% free as of today.

I'm sorry
I should have said, by the time the swap ends in June the stroller would be on its last leg.
It was used 3 times in April. It is scheduled to be used 5 times in May and 1 time in June.
Maybe you missed the other thread. Some people questioned the amount of money exchanging hands in a swap. Many swap leaders and swappers stated that swap strollers are only good for 8-10 uses.
Based on what other swappers posted, by the time your June person uses the stroller, it will be time to trash it. If people are still willing to use it, let them. I mean really, what are you going to do with a broke down stroller?
Oh, many people also posted (on the same thread) that swaps were basically a good will effort among DISers. The swaps were a way to build community. A way to help out all the mommies who need strollers weren't able to get one without swaps.
They also stated that the driving force behind the swaps was the love of Disney and the desire to help out fellow DISers, not money.
Has that changed?
I hope things work out for those of you who were hoping the use the stroller after June 4.:flower3:

I sure hope the stroller isn't on it's last leg by june! I'm new to swaps and really hope that it's not true that swaps are only good for 8-10 uses. That would be just terrible. If I had known that I wouldn't have started the swap in the first place. The reason that I started the swap was to help out other DISers who would be at Disney before I would be. The only reason money ever changed hands was for maintence reasons. If the stroller got damaged or lost, it could be replaced. Now that isn't possible. I definately can't afford to replace it out of my pocket.

I'm sorry

Has that changed?

First off, I think this is a personal decision and for you to continue to badger someone about their decision is really tacky.

I to am runnning a swap and am very concerned about the stroller. I have only just gotten ours paid for prior to the decision by the mods. I have also considered shutting down the swap. I believe most people start swaps for the reason of having a nice stroller to use when they are at disney and not to have to pay the outrageous amounts that disney is charging for their strollers. I know convience always costs, but at that price I am glad to have found an alternative. That is $250 more dollars I can spend elsewhere on my trip! I am sending my stroller months in advance and that is the case with this leader. That's pretty selfish isn't it?:thumbsup2

With this decision, now the upkeep is totally an out of pocket expense for the organizer. Have you taken a look @ how much it costs to order some of those parts for these strollers? Let's just on average all parts are $20. Because when you keep using these the parts are gonna go bad at any time.

$20 x 26= $520
26x 5.95= $144.70 shipping to the leader (probably low, shipping is expensive)
26x 5.95=144.70 shipping to next swapper or resort.
$809.70 Grand total!

Now that is probably a low ball estimte because I am pretty sure that most of the stuff needed is more expensive than that. And if you have ever ordered replacement parts from a company direct before we know shipping is more than what I estimated.

And what about the swap leader that puts in sometimes a couple hours a day to check PM's and update the calendar and email swappers to find out what the condition of the stroller or time on the phone with the stroller company to order replacement parts. Don't you think their time is worth anything? Even if you say they spent 3 hours a week dealing with swap stuff and if you had to pay someone minimum wage to do that @ $7.50.
$7.50x3hrs=22.50 x52wks=$1170.00

Ok so here it is broken down...Let's say on an average the stroller is swapped to a different person each week. That is 52 swaps a year.
52x$20=$1040 in swap fees collected

$1040.00
-$809.70replacement parts & shipping
$230.30 left unused from swap

And chances are that 1 stroller is not going to last 1 year!!! So there you have it there is $230.30 left and that is barely if cover the cost of a new stroller...Then you have the cost of shipping it down to the next swapper..

So there the money is gone...and the swap leader didn't even get any compensation. I ask you to work @ your job for 3 hours a week free for a year, would you do that? And I'm sure you are paid more than minimum wage.

Now take into consideration that it is going to cost the swap leader out of pocket to ship the stroller down to the next swapper. So now the leader is paying out of there pocket. Are you ok with that?

Point being, stop hasseling her! She made a decision and please respect that. And I'm sure everything I posted above will have no bearing on what you think about the swaps, because you already have it in your head that this was just for profit.

And if this was a business, it wouldn't be for very long, how many sucessful businesses do you know that continue to operate in the RED!

So go ahead start a swap, and pay out of your pocket..SIGN ME UP! .My dates are September 27-October 3rd and I'm interested in using the stroller FREE of charge, and I expect that it be in supreme working order and safe for my kids when I get there, because I am on vacation and I don't want to have to worry that the front wheel is going to fall off at any minute!!!!!

Thanks for reading!

Oh this totally sucks that the rules changed.

I used the stroller and it was wonderful!! the swivel wheel gave me some trouble, but that was because I was not sure how to adjust it until the last day of my swap.

The stoller will NOT be on it's last leg by june. It was pretty sturdy and my kids really enjoyed it- much better than the disney ones.

phins_jazy- I respect your decision, but rest assured I took care of the stroller with the best of care!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter