Pix of Christmas decorations

carmel

<font color=blue>Kept thinking it was 'Snow White'
After a feverish 24 hrs of research ( :rotfl2: ), I think we have decided to go the first week of December 2006. I know it is far off but ya gotta start somewhere, huh? Plus, we were just at DL this past March. :banana:

Hubby is very excited about the Christmas decorations. I am too but don't want them to overwhelm the Disney feel. I want to walk into the park and feel like I am in Disney, not the North Pole. Do you still feel like it is Disney? Does anyone have any pix?

Thanks so much!!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: princess:

I don't have any pix readily available, but worry not. The Christmas decorations will only add, and not detract from the Disney feel. The decorations and music are tasteful, and often provide their own Disney magic. How lucky you are to be able to go in early December before the big Holiday crowds.

We'll be there the 3rd through the 10th. Is there anything special like the candle processhion, or the lights in MGM, or mvmcp at Disneyland?

Does Small World still play the Small World theme or is it Jingle Bells or some other Christmas tune?

Will I still her Disney music or just holiday music?

Wil it be hard to find merchandise that is not Christmas-y (like stuffed Mickey's without a Santa hat?)

I'm not anti-Christmas, LOL, I just want to be completely lost in the Disney feel.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: princess:

DM Rick -

I just wanted to tell you that we are going the exact same week in 2006. December 2nd to December 9th.

PLEASE come back and post a trip report. I can't wait to hear what it is like.

There is a Candlelight Processional. It's only one weekend, though, usually in Early Dec. No MVMCP or Osborne lights type thing.

Small World plays a mix of Jingle Bells and It's a Small World, with a little Deck the Halls thrown in. It's really about the only time of year I can tolerate the ride.

Traditional merchandise is available along with Christmas themed items.

Main Street will pretty much just have Christmas music, but most of the other lands stick with their normal themes.

Will they announce it well in advance? Since I'll be there early in December, I'm hoping it will be at that time.
Carmel, I'll be sure to put up a trip report. After about 30 times at WDW, we decided to use those free miles to see the "original"! There certainly seems to be a lot more info on WDW than DL.

Rick - I'm from Louisville so WDW was where we vacationed when I was a child. DL seemed like a far off dream.

Well, hubby is from Redondo Beach (only a few miles north of Anaheim) so we can combine a DL trip with letting our girls visit his relatives.

Plus, it is so nice that he knows the area so well. We rent a car at LAX and I never have to be the 'map reader'.

My sister just joined the DVC. I am begging her to go to DL with us but, and she admits this is wrong, she can't imagine DL feeling like the 'real' Disney. I remind her it was the original and we both have a good laugh.

p.s. I just made this signature. Granted, the '14 months' is hard to take but I know it will tick it's way down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter