Pirates opens July 1st!!

We were at the park from 8a- 1:30 and had no luck getting on. We tried 3 timrs but it would be down again by the time we got over there & they wouldn’t let us in the line. Will try agsin later. Really frustrating since we rearranged our whole trip to be here for Pirates.

We were at the park from 8a- 1:30 and had no luck getting on. We tried 3 timrs but it would be down again by the time we got over there & they wouldn’t let us in the line. Will try agsin later. Really frustrating since we rearranged our whole trip to be here for Pirates.
That's a shame :( I was at bag check at 7.15am, and in the crowd outside Jolly Holiday at 7.30am, at 8am I walked with purpose and got to the front of the entrance to Pirates , at the arch, where the clock is. I stayed there until 8.55am when they opened the ropes and walked us through the whole queueing area, up the bridge and then back down and into the normal queue. I was in a boat at 9.05am

That's a shame :( I was at bag check at 7.15am, and in the crowd outside Jolly Holiday at 7.30am, at 8am I walked with purpose and got to the front of the entrance to Pirates , at the arch, where the clock is. I stayed there until 8.55am when they opened the ropes and walked us through the whole queueing area, up the bridge and then back down and into the normal queue. I was in a boat at 9.05am
We were in that crowd, too. But a CM said it was down & to check the app around 1:00. Hopefully we can get on later.

Ps… I told my kids we won’t run to rides at rope drop, we will “walk with purpose,“ lol

To get on first boat rotation, you needed to hustle. So many YouTube and locals, the cms were really trying to shift the crowd, telling people to come back later and check the app. Those who stuck it out from 8am got on the ride, those who didn't want to wait didn't.

I was at the front of the crowd, so I could see the cms, I watched them open the main doors. It was obvious they were preparing to open, they just wouldn't say when.

We were in that crowd, too. But a CM said it was down & to check the app around 1:00.
I wonder if CMs are encouraged to discourage guests from hanging around when a ride is down, especially at opening.

When we rope dropped RSR, we were pretty near the front of the group that got there but the ride was closed and they were encouraging folks to go elsewhere. They were giving estimates of at least an hour but I could see the cars were running so we stuck it out. The ride opened in 15 minutes.

I wonder if CMs are encouraged to discourage guests from hanging around when a ride is down, especially at opening.

When we rope dropped RSR, we were pretty near the front of the group that got there but the ride was closed and they were encouraging folks to go elsewhere. They were giving estimates of at least an hour but I could see the cars were running so we stuck it out. The ride opened in 15 minutes.
I was thinking the same thing. This happened to us with ROTR at WDW. They were encouraging everyone to go to another ride even though nothing was actually running yet. We stuck it out and were off the ride before EEc was even supposed to start.

Defiantly got that feeling this morning, they were really trying to get people to leave, even though those of us at the front could see they were getting ready to open. It was even more obvious they were going to open very soon when they started creating the rope queue up and down the bridge.

Wow... hopefully they can get it figured out without completely shutting it down again. Is this a ride that had a lot of downtime prior to refurb? The WDW version seems to be fairly stable (only one I'm familiar with).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter