Pirates opens July 1st!!

Does that mean Blue Bayou will be opening then as well? I guess no one knows about that at this point.

It's great news in general, but I'm sad for me...that's right after my trip and it's my favorite attraction. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed in the very unlikely event of a soft opening. Oh well...it'll still be great. Just a little disappointed.
I'm hoping for a soft opening, too. We're supposed to leave on the 30th.

It's great news in general, but I'm sad for me...that's right after my trip and it's my favorite attraction. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed in the very unlikely event of a soft opening. Oh well...it'll still be great. Just a little disappointed.
Yeah, us too… we were there last week and it was just So. Many. Walls. I was, however, happy to see them refilling Nemo, it was nice to see water from the monorail again! We have a trip again in September, so I’m hoping everything (except Toon Town) will be open at that point. Have faith, they do like to have soft openings before the official open dates, with no warning… so chances may be good that you could see it open during your trip!

I am so excited to hear this news. We have a once in a life time trip planned for July and I have been biting my nails. Doesn't seem that the website for reservations for dining is updated though.

When I'm there on June 1st-4th, I'm just going to walk by and shake my fist at Pirates for not being open the first time I've been there in 3 years.
I hear you. We have a once in a lifetime trip planned for that same time and Pirates/Blue Bayou is what I was most excited about. Bummer, but oh well.

This makes me happy!!! On of the things I am looking forward to for our first DL trip, was POTC. I am very eager to see the differences between thr rides at the parks, and this was my number one ride to see just HOW different they were….

A bit bummed that Hyperspace mountain will not be going. Anyone know if that change will make SM be down for any length of time?

This makes me happy!!! On of the things I am looking forward to for our first DL trip, was POTC. I am very eager to see the differences between thr rides at the parks, and this was my number one ride to see just HOW different they were….

A bit bummed that Hyperspace mountain will not be going. Anyone know if that change will make SM be down for any length of time?
It was only down one day when they switched to Hyperspace Mountain. I actually would prefer the normal Space Mountain when our trip happens but we're getting the other.

Yeah! Great timing to start sucking up all of the summer visitors that are arriving. Hopefully more walls will be down soon. Took this pic on Weds. It was a cute mural.View attachment 670436
I despise the walls, but I love this mural! I’m SO looking forward to it all being done when we go again in Sept. Our trip last week was good, but it was kind of “meh” compared to our other trips. I just hate that they do ALLLLL this construction at once. (Nemo, Treehouse, ToonTown, DTD, Pirates/NOS, walls around LM in DCA) Like, pick a project and just finish it before starting another, lol…

Do attractions generally open on the day Disney says they will? I might rearrange our trip to be there on July 1st but it would be a drag if I did that and then Pirates didn't actually open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!