Pirates and Pals Firework Cruise - Is it worth it?

HollyJoy

DIS Veteran
In your opinion, is this worth doing? We will be going the first week in December. Thought this might be fun as something different from the normal park activities. Anyone who has done this recently, what kind of snacks do they give you (and how much is offered)? Please tell me about your experience.

We did it with our kids in 2011. We loved it.

But that was when it was Wishes.

I have heard and read from others that since the new fireworks show at MK started, it’s not as worth it because you are not able to see the castle projections that go along with Happily Ever After.

Also, I have read complaints that the snacks are not as good and plentiful as they once were and that the character meets are of a lesser quality.

Others may have different thoughts.

We did it with our kids in 2011. We loved it.

But that was when it was Wishes.

I have heard and read from others that since the new fireworks show at MK started, it’s not as worth it because you are not able to see the castle projections that go along with Happily Ever After.

Also, I have read complaints that the snacks are not as good and plentiful as they once were and that the character meets are of a lesser quality.

Others may have different thoughts.
Interesting... thanks for that input. I went ahead and booked it, while there was still availability, while we decide if it's worth it. I've seen some video reviews on youtube, and we definitely won't be going for the snacks! But, to meet 3 characters (2 hard to find) and a cool experience, well that is the draw.

Our friends went in July and they really loved it. Their son is is 11 and we’re concerned he wouldn’t have fun but they said it was his favorite.

We have done quite a few ad on experiences (dessert parties, mvmcp, mnshp etc) and this by far was our favorite. The boat captain was hilarious. The snacks and dessert are beforehand and plentiful but not extraordinary they were just fine though and on par with other such events.

The view of the fireworks was fantastic, but dont expect to view the projections well. This is not a replacement for seeing happily ever after in MK (which should be done).

If I had to pick one experience to repeat this would be it. We went with a party of 9 with kids from 5-17 years old. Adults from 40-71. We all had a ball.

(Raving endorsement aside, it should be noted this experience was predicated on the captain being awesome, and although I have not heardof bad experiences from others, it could be possible with a captain having an off night)

I recently did this with my DD17 and her friends (17 and 19 years old) full disclosure, the actor that plays Captain Patch (not to be confused with his twin brother Captain Patch :D ) is a dear friend and my DD drama teacher at H.S. he invited us for free.
The snacks served were cupcakes,cheesecake bites, chips and salsa, carrots, apple slices, grapes,mickey ice cream sandwich, olaf orange bar and strawberry bar and a bounty of chocolate coins. Coffee, tea, water, lemonade and POG juice
The 2 characters during the beginning were Hook and Mr. Smee
We sat in row number 5 on the boat (per recommendations from our personal friend) and the view of the fireworks was AMAZING, best location to view the fireworks that I've ever had. I've seen them from inside the park and also from the Poly Beach and while the show does have a lot of projections I didn't think that we needed them to enjoy the pyro on it's own.
Now after the entire experience (won't give all the details) I asked everyone and we all agreed it was not worth the cost UNLESS you have some big pirate fans. Lots of kids enjoyed the experience very much, they were vocal about it

Fully agree with the above observations. we did this a few years ago, one of the best (maybe the best) addon we have done. Enjoy.

It was a one and done thing for us. Enjoyable enough, but wouldn't spend the money on it again.

I booked this for my kids and myself a few years back. About an hour before, I got horribly sick and couldn’t go. We were traveling with my parents and my mom was going to go, but was concerned about figuring out where she was supposed to be. My dad said he’d go too and just hang out at the Contemporary while they did it. When they got there, my dad mentioned to one of the CMs what had happened and she invited him along! I was very happy that he wasn’t stuck sitting at the hotel. They all had a blast and I guess I need to book it again sometime so I can actually go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter