Pirate night in Alaska

CruznLexi

DIS Veteran
I know there is a pirate night. But is done inside do people still dress up ? Pirate menu?

The pirate menu has been replaced by "Taste of Alaska."

There aren't any fireworks because of the fragile Alaskan eco-system.

I know there is a pirate night. But is done inside do people still dress up ? Pirate menu?

There are varing reports as to the Pirate Menu. On the first Alaska season, the Taste of Alaska menu replaced the pirate menu (at least for some of the cruises). The next season, Taste of Alaska replaced the Signature menu for Parrot Cay and the regular Pirate menu returned for pirate night. There's no telling what they will do this year, until it actually gets underway.

Yes, the party is held indoors and people do dress up.

As PP noted, no fireworks.

On our cruise in September 2012 to Alaska, the Taste of Alaska menu replaced the normal Parrot Cay menu. We had the Pirate menu on Pirate night. We dressed up, but did not go to the party. It was at 10pm in the lobby. That was too late for our 5-year old (and me!).

The pirate party on our Alaska cruise was outside on deck 9 as usual.

On our July 2011 AK cruise, Pirate Night was held outside on deck 9. It wasn't freezing but definitely not warm. There were plenty of folks dressed for the party. We didn't go up for it but it seemed that once the "show" part of the party ended that folks dispersed pretty quickly. I can't remember what the menu was that night but Taste of AK does come to mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter