Pirate Cruise at GF?

karebear1

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
What exactly is the Pirate Cruise at the GF? I saw this on another thraed and I've never heard of it.

karebear

karebear1

Hi! We went last month and our 4 1/2 yr. old DS did the Pirate Cruise at the GF and loved it! It runs only two days - Mondays and Thursdays, from 10:00 a.m.-noon. The cost is $22.95 per child.
This is a child-only trip (ages 3-10), no parents allowed. After you sign your child in and pay for the cruise, they give you a receipt that you must present to pick up your child (safety reasons).
The CM's are terrific though and we didn't worry about him being by himself. They give each child a red bandanna to put on (pirate-style), a life vest and then after some instructions, they board a pontoon-style boat and sail around the lagoon area...singing pirate-y songs, hearing stories and tall tales and they make a stop at a beach area where they encounter a pirate and discover pirate treasure. The kids all come back with bags of pirate "loot".
My DH and I had a late, leisurely breakfast at the GF Cafe and looked around a few of their gift shops while DS was on the cruise. It was great fun for him and we thought, definitely worth the money.
But, it books up fast because they keep the group size fairly small - about 20 or 25 kids. You have to make a reservation in advance. But keep calling if you don't get one right away, as they do have cancellations and that's how we snagged a time for our trip.
Hope this helps!

thanks.... that really did help! What a wonderful idea for little kids.... it's just too bad my youngest is 17! She'd love it!

karebear

karebear1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter