Piper's Practically Perfect PTR..Wish Trip! 3/2-8...Upd Pg 126- TR Link!! Hooray!

First - the health update - Bless your heart. Still on O2 all day. That is a bummer. I think you made a GREAT decision to keep her home for the winter. Hopefully you guys can find some safe ways to keep her safe and well but also able to hang out with some other folks - as I totally understand getting on each others nerves after a while.

Woo Hoo on the wish granters coming!!!

Hermione! How cool is THAT! You guys have totally got to see the World of Harry Potter at Universal. It isn't open yet...but hopefully it will be by the time you guys get her wish granted!

Still praying for you guys.

Well...you already gave her the link. You rock! :)

And you are totally a nurse...maybe not an "RN" - but you are a nurse day in and day out for your precious child. :love:

Thank you, Maroo..you almost made me cry...I def need more sleep..they scheduled her IVs totally off this time, so I'm up til 12:30-1:00am and then back up at 6 to start the cycle all over again..lol...I am just an 8 hr kinda girl, I guess. I had completely forgotten about the World of Harry Potter coming to Universal, and yes, Piper would love it, the girl is a voracious reader (don't know where she gets that :rolleyes1) and has read up to Book 6. And thank you for the prayers, it means a lot .:lovestruc

Hugs to you and Piper :hug: ~ hopefully this winter will fly by for you guys! :goodvibes

ok Piper lil envelope went back in the mail today. I had 4 lil girls here who wanted to make a picture. I hope it makes her smile. Alyssa was more than happy to do it and wants to do it more. Maybe they could do a lil pen pal thing if piper is into it. :flower3:

ok Piper lil envelope went back in the mail today. I had 4 lil girls here who wanted to make a picture. I hope it makes her smile. Alyssa was more than happy to do it and wants to do it more. Maybe they could do a lil pen pal thing if piper is into it. :flower3:

Chrissi..Piper would love that! I was thinking something along those same lines. When she was in 1st they had pen pals and were going to meet on the field trip..you can guess what happened I'm sure. Piper had been so excited to meet her. Especially with the two having so much in common, I think it could be a great thing!

What could possibly be more exciting than meeting two people who are going to be making your dream come true? Not much! Our wish granters are two very special ladies named Mary and Jean. Jean called me on Monday to make arrangements to meet while Piper and I were at Burger King. Those of you following along know that Piper does not know we're planning the trip for March, so needless to say when I was on the phone in front of Piper at BK I couldn't mention the secret plan! I called Jean back and explained the surprise situation, and we actually moved the meeting to the local library as Jean was having some health issues and could not do stairs at all anyway.

:banana:Piper was very excited all day yesterday,:banana: kept asking if it was time to go yet. :) We got to the library about five minutes early, and Miss Thing definitely had ants in her pants! She needed to know how the wish granters would recognize her (I just assured her they would, not mentioning she was the only child in the library wearing O2..:rolleyes1), where we would sit down and talk to them, and if they would be nice. I said "Well Piper, do you think mean people would want to go around helping making children's wishes come true?" She said "Oh..I hadn't thought of that". That was very odd as Piper is very outgoing in general, participates in our hospital's telethon every year, has done newspaper and magazine articles! I think the fact that she was nervous just shows how important this is to her.

Evidently the anxiety wasn't going to last long! When Mary and Jean walked in, I immediately knew who they were..they had that "searching for someone" look on their faces. I pointed them out to Piper and she immediately got up, took herself and her O2 machine over to them and gave them absolutely huge hugs..almost enough to make Mommy jealous! Of course, this was the point that I started to mist up...luckily it was a public place so I quickly sucked the tears back in, but evidently nerves and emotion got to me as well, because I realized after we all sat down that I hadn't even introduced myself..sheesh.:confused:

As soon as we all got settled, (Piper had to have Jean sit next to her, which was so cute) Mary reached into her bag and pulled out...wait for it....

Make A Wish Barbie! Piper was very excited and ready to rip into the package immediately! I told her maybe after we were done, but that's a whole 'nother story that I'll talk about further down. We got down to business, we did all the Mommy ppwk first, ie..I won't sue MAW or GKTW should Piper be her usual graceful self and break a limb or stub a toe. Then we got to the Piper ppwk. The ladies each had their own copy, asking things like her favorite color, etc. They had asked about three questions when Piper asked Jean if she could see the sheet, then if she could fill it out! Jean and Mary both started laughing, and handed Piper a pen. I think doing it herself made Piper feel very important, and Jean told her that was the first time they'd ever had a wish kid who filled out her own paperwork!

I have to admit I was a bit anxious that Piper would change her wish request at the last minute, lol, just because it's the type of girl she is. Don't get me wrong, I want Piper to have whatever wish she wants, but boy would I have felt idiotic with all the plans I already have going in my head! So WDW and GKTW was her first choice wish, and for her second choice, she wants to meet Miranda Cosgrove (iCarly). Once everything was completed, I asked Mary and Jean if they would mind if I took a picture with them and Piper, and they were more than happy to comply. Once Piper took ten minutes to find "the perfect spot", I whipped out my camera. Now, my camera has been PMS'ing for the last few months, and I never really know when I turn it on how many pictures I'll actually get out of the deal. I got one taken, and got ready to take the second, when sure enough, it crapped out on me..grr!:headache: I am glad to have gotten the one good picture, but...eh. (We also got her haircut on Tues, so it's a new 'do!

10-14-09102-1.jpg

Mary, Piper, and Jean

When we went back to the table to gather our things, Mary says, innocently enough.."Well, Piper, I think we're all set for you to get your wish." Piper thought about it for about a millisecond, and suddenly pops out in the most perturbed voice...."Yes, in 2011!" I looked at Mary and Jean, they looked at me, and it was all we could do not to fall over laughing. :rotfl2: The surprise plan is still very much under wraps, apparently! So once everything was wrapped up, I thanked Jean and Mary for about the 200th time, Piper gave her hugs, and the ladies headed for the door. And suddenly..It's track star Piper! :car: That girl took after Mary and Jean like a lion after a fat, juicy gazelle! No joke, she took off so fast it tore the cannula right off her face! When they turned around at hearing the patter (ermm..pounding may be a better word) of Piper feet, she about tackled them and started hugging them again. She was just so appreciative of them.....makes me misty just thinking about it.

Okay, the MAW Barbie conundrum. I am not a "look at it, but don't play with it" parent, but the thing that keeps going through my head is that when Piper gets a bit older, I think she would really enjoy having the Barbie in mint condition as a nice reminder of her special MAW experience. Thus, we haven't opened it yet. Now, if Piper was a Barbie fanatic, I would have been more inclined, but to be honest Barbies are something she pulls out maybe once a year, and then she's done. If I thought I could get her another MAW Barbie, I would also let her open it in a heartbeat. Any opinions??
[/COLOR]

It sounds like you had a wonderful experience with Piper's Wish Granters! I'm glad they were able to assist you in keeping the secret a surprise for Piper!

I would say keep the barbie in the box. I agree that it is something she will apprciate it when she is older. There are several toys that I have kept for my girls like that. I put them in their baby box for safe keeping. However, when I do that, I usually try and buy them something comprable to it that they are allowed to play with. I'm sure Piper is old enough to understand if you decide to keep Make A Wish Barbie in the box. Let me know if you do find them for sale somewhere - I'd like to get Bella one as well!

And I love the new haircut! She looks adorable!

Love the new 'do! And if your camera was only willing to take one shot, it got a good one. :thumbsup2

You'll have to tell your wish granters that you have Barbie stalkers hunting you down and ask them where we can get one.:rolleyes1 I would assume they got it from the chapter. Our wish granter seemed to have bought the gifts at WalMart before she came, but we are a pretty rural area. She lives near us, but we don't live near an office. It was very sweet of her to bring gifts.

subbing- That is so sweet that Piper was so excited to meet her wish granters and the surprise is still intact!! It looks like we may be there in March also. :banana:

OMG that is so sweet!!! Im so glad the meeting went great. Our girls are too funny!! I had the exact issue wih the Barbie. Alyssa got 1 too, she is not into barbie that much. She has a couple and of course she loved it when she saw it but I was thinking to myself that she wouldnt tear it open right away. I was wrong, she opened it. I managed to convince her when they left that we should just keep everything together in the box when she is not playing with it. So she put it in the box that night. She has only played with it once so Im hoping I can put it up for her soon.

I love her hair!!!! Sh eis such a cutie. You can see in her eyes how excited she is. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SURPRISE DAY!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

It sounds like you had a wonderful experience with Piper's Wish Granters! I'm glad they were able to assist you in keeping the secret a surprise for Piper!

I would say keep the barbie in the box. I agree that it is something she will apprciate it when she is older. There are several toys that I have kept for my girls like that. I put them in their baby box for safe keeping. However, when I do that, I usually try and buy them something comprable to it that they are allowed to play with. I'm sure Piper is old enough to understand if you decide to keep Make A Wish Barbie in the box. Let me know if you do find them for sale somewhere - I'd like to get Bella one as well!

And I love the new haircut! She looks adorable!

Thank you! Good to know I'm not just being a mean momma! :laughing:

Also, I did some research last night, and found out Mattel made 6000 of these for wish kids only. I checked e-bay, etc, and there were none to be had. You might want to check with your chapter...

Love the new 'do! And if your camera was only willing to take one shot, it got a good one. :thumbsup2

You'll have to tell your wish granters that you have Barbie stalkers hunting you down and ask them where we can get one.:rolleyes1 I would assume they got it from the chapter. Our wish granter seemed to have bought the gifts at WalMart before she came, but we are a pretty rural area. She lives near us, but we don't live near an office. It was very sweet of her to bring gifts.

Thank you! We're very rural also, I would assume the chapter mailed them to the wish granters?

subbing- That is so sweet that Piper was so excited to meet her wish granters and the surprise is still intact!! It looks like we may be there in March also. :banana:

That would be very cool, I'm hoping at least one other fam on the boards will be there the same time that we are. I really thought Piper would be suspicious by now, but so far, so good.

OMG that is so sweet!!! Im so glad the meeting went great. Our girls are too funny!! I had the exact issue wih the Barbie. Alyssa got 1 too, she is not into barbie that much. She has a couple and of course she loved it when she saw it but I was thinking to myself that she wouldnt tear it open right away. I was wrong, she opened it. I managed to convince her when they left that we should just keep everything together in the box when she is not playing with it. So she put it in the box that night. She has only played with it once so Im hoping I can put it up for her soon.

I love her hair!!!! Sh eis such a cutie. You can see in her eyes how excited she is. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SURPRISE DAY!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Thank you Chrissi, me too! And it is funny, I think a part of it is just being all wrapped up in the excitement of the moment. Tell Alyssa to be looking for mail later next week too ;)

aha.....found you too!

I'm just trying to find all you wonderful ladies who were so quick to welcome me the other day! Haven't had a chance to go through your PTR yet but it's on my list. I did catch a picture of your Piper.....she's doll.

I'll try to catch up

Pamela:santa:

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

How on EARTH did I miss THAT update!?!?!?!?!

I could just squeeze Piper's cheeks! She is so stinkin' cute!!!

2011!! :rotfl2: She is so cute!

Lauren can't even play with Barbie's at all and she wanted to open hers...and she is 16! I can't imagine trying to keep her from opening it!

I have no idea what the right answer is...but I feel for ya! :hug:

The update is wonderful! I can't wait for her to find out it is going to be SOON! :)

I love the picture of Piper meeting with her Wish granters. It sounds as if you all had fun meeting one another!

aha.....found you too!

I'm just trying to find all you wonderful ladies who were so quick to welcome me the other day! Haven't had a chance to go through your PTR yet but it's on my list. I did catch a picture of your Piper.....she's doll.

I'll try to catch up

Pamela:santa:

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Thank you, Pamela! We're still very much in the early planning stages, don't have dates yet, but are shooting for early March.

How on EARTH did I miss THAT update!?!?!?!?!

I could just squeeze Piper's cheeks! She is so stinkin' cute!!!

2011!! :rotfl2: She is so cute!

Lauren can't even play with Barbie's at all and she wanted to open hers...and she is 16! I can't imagine trying to keep her from opening it!

I have no idea what the right answer is...but I feel for ya! :hug:

The update is wonderful! I can't wait for her to find out it is going to be SOON! :)

LOL Maroo...I suspect you missed it cause we had a ton of new families sign on over the weekend (Hooray!!) Def a good reason :goodvibes I decided not to let Piper open the Barbie. But..she also has not so much as mentioned poor MAW Barbie since the day she got it.:rotfl:

I love the picture of Piper meeting with her Wish granters. It sounds as if you all had fun meeting one another!

Thank you! One of the great things about Piper is that she is so enthusiastic about almost everything, and that enthusiasm is contagious. Between the two of us we prob could have lit the town for the night with our excited energy!

Hi Amanda!

Piper is adorable! Her appreciation for her Wish Granters is so precious! I am subscribing so I can hear all about your plans and your trip! March will be here before you know it! :goodvibes

Hi Amanda!

Piper is adorable! Her appreciation for her Wish Granters is so precious! I am subscribing so I can hear all about your plans and your trip! March will be here before you know it! :goodvibes

Thank you, Dawn! She has always been very appreciative of the things people do for her, big or small. I think a part of is just her personality, and also knowing that we don't always do/get everything we want (budget), so when special things come up, she just appreciates them all the more.

Coming out of lurkdom to say hello and to tell you what a wonderful mom you are and how you have raised the sweetest little girl with the biggest of hearts. I love that picture in the library. You can just see the excitement and love oozing out of Piper. Thanks for sharing your story and I look forward to reading updates.

PS I live in Roanoke and if you and Piper should ever have to come back (which I would not want for obvious reasons), let me know and I can host you two and visit/meet you.

Coming out of lurkdom to say hello and to tell you what a wonderful mom you are and how you have raised the sweetest little girl with the biggest of hearts. I love that picture in the library. You can just see the excitement and love oozing out of Piper. Thanks for sharing your story and I look forward to reading updates.

PS I live in Roanoke and if you and Piper should ever have to come back (which I would not want for obvious reasons), let me know and I can host you two and visit/meet you.

:welcome: Karen! Thank you so much for the sweet words, and coming out of lurkdom! I had originally started the PTR as a journal of sorts, that I could keep and Piper could see as she gets older, but I'm really enjoying meeting all the people who have come aboard as well.

We're actually in and out of Roanoke at least once a month (Dr's appts, shopping, etc) and I'll definitely let you know next time we come in for a long haul hosp trip. Piper would love having visitors, and an adult to talk to is always welcome, lol.

I'm so happy for you guys!!:grouphug: It's going to be so exciting the day you let the news out about WDW in 2010 ~ make sure you get a good pic of Piper's face that day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter