Pillowcase Signing Do They Still Do This?

encmerk

Mouseketeer
We are going on our first DCl cruise in 20 days and I was wondering if you can still take a pillowcase to guest services to have signed? I thought my kids would really enjoy this as a momento when they got home from the cruise. Any imput would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Courtney

yes they do we were on the June 25 cruise and I gave them the pillow cases on the first day and they returned it to our cabin on the last day of cruise in the evening.

We gave them photo mats and they signed those, too. But they signed a little too close to the edge. I'm afraid when I put them in the frames, some of the signatures will be covered. If you do photo mats, you might want to mask off a small border.

a word of advice, wash the new pillow case once before you give it to be signed

the initial wash takes some chemicals out of the pillowcase and thus the autographs stay much better on a washed case

so wash the case once before you give it in to be autographed

also include a sharpie or laudry marker in a zip lock bag with the pillow case

- David

Hi all from the Wonder,
We just came back from the Pirate Night Party and my DW & I realized that we had neglected to bring the cases to be signed. I went to Guest Services and asked if we could still get this done and the CM said sure, pick them up some time after 10:30 AM (I am posting this at Midnight, Ships time).

Yes, they do these and will ask you what characters you would like on it.

Hint: Include several colors of sharpies...we just bought a pack of varied colors at Target and threw it in the ziplock and the characters signed in all different colors...was great!

Our tablemates were crazy about getting signatures in their autograph book...practically accosting the characters at character breakfast when they came around....they were eating crow when we brought the kids pillowcases the last morning to breakfast to have our servers sign them as well!

Do the colored sharpies fade easily- or are they just as sharp as the black after repeated washes?

What else can you get signed besides the pillow cases? I am trying to think of something that would be neat for DW on our anniversary cruise. When we stayed at WDW in 2000, I had them put the signed picture in our room on the date we arrived, and that really blew her away. :goodvibes

I had not heard of this but it sounds great. Where do you drop off your Pillow cases? Guest Services?

I, too, have never heard of this b4. We're doing our 1st cruise in October. Someone give me the details please?

Last year we dropped off a Stuffed Minnie Mouse wearing a cruise director outfit and all the characaters signed it for my daughter. Note: Only the Mickey Mouse type characters signed it...Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Daisy and Donald Duck, Chip & Dale, and I think a couple more.

This year, I dropped off my daughter's princess pillowcase from home and all the princessess that were on the pillow signed it next to their picture..Belle, Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White. The other princesses on board didn't sign...I guess since their picture wasn't on it?

Also this year, we dropped of a 2005 5oth anniversary Mickey Mouse for my son and Mickey and Minnie signed it. It will be a nice keepsake since he was born in 2005.

From what I understand you have to be discrete. You drop it off towards the beginning of the cruise and the last night of the cruise you pick it up at guest services or sometimes they deliver it to your cabin.

We forgot sharpies but they signed in different colors anyway.

THESCHULTZFIVE said:
Someone give me the details please?
Take it to guest services on the first day or two of your cruise and your room steward will deliver it to your room on the last night. If it's a surprise, let them know so they can return in discreetly.

TiggerKing said:
What else can you get signed besides the pillow cases? I am trying to think of something that would be neat for DW on our anniversary cruise.

Like I posted earlier, we bought 2 11x17" white photo mats and had them signed. We put the 6x8" Shutters pictures from Palo and formal night in them and framed them. They look really good! Just make sure you tell them which way you want them signed--landscape or portrait--and mask off about 1/4 inch around the edge so the frame doesn't cover the sigs. Have a nice romantic anniversary picture taken to put in there and voila! You can bring the frame along or buy a Disney frame in the gift shop, buy the picture(s) at Shutters and give it to DW at the end of the cruise.

You can also do T-shirts and probably anything else you can think of that can be written on. Tote bags, hats, maybe?

If I just take two plain white cases and leave them with no details wonder what would happen. This would be a great surprise for my two DK's when we return in September.

We went in March 2005 on the Wonder. From reading this board, I got the idea to get a color photo of my girls from Halloween - Ariel and Flounder, of course (note the name) - and copy it on iron on transfer paper.

I brought two pillowcases with colored Sharpies to Guest Services on the first night. On the last night we picked them up - signed by the main 6: Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Chip and Dale - AND ARIEL. The girls were thrilled.

If you give them something plain, I believe just the main 6 will usually sign them. I really think it depends on how busy the people are who are signing them.

I just embroidered the side of two new plain white pillowcases with each of my kids names, our dates on the cruise and a Mickey outline...dropped these off (together in a ziplock) at Guest services on day two. There is a form the GS girls fill out w/your name and room # and she asked what specific characters I wanted...I said, "all the Disney ones". They got delivered the last night (somewhat late actually) and the kids were delighted. We have at least 20 signatures on each and each character did the kids pillowcases in different colors and places (ie Pluto is red on son's in right hand corner, and gold on daughter's in center).

We just got back from the July 9th West Coast cruise and put a white pillowcase and disney mickey shirt in a zip lock bag with various sharpie pens. I haven't counted the signatures, but it looks like all the characters signed them both. We left no instruction other than please have the characters sign it. It was waiting for us in our room when we returned for dinner yesterday. It was really nice not to have to worry about getting signatures all week.

needalatte said:
Like I posted earlier, we bought 2 11x17" white photo mats and had them signed. We put the 6x8" Shutters pictures from Palo and formal night in them and framed them. They look really good! Just make sure you tell them which way you want them signed--landscape or portrait--and mask off about 1/4 inch around the edge so the frame doesn't cover the sigs.

Two questions: 1) Did you find a photo mat that actually had a 6x8 opening? All the ones I found were 8x10 or 5x7 openings. Did you get it at a photo framing store? 2) What type of tape did you use to mask off the edge...I'm concerned (with my luck) whatever I use will stick to the mat.

Thanks!
Lisa

Welcome home Calmom. Did you have a great time? What excursions did you do? We are going on the July 23 cruise and I would love to hear your report.

Mary :flower:

Mary,
We had a fantastic time - I will write a full report under cruise reports in the next couple days. Regarding the tours - we took the Pirate tour in P.V. and really enjoyed it. They put on quite a show. The kids had a blast. Some people did seem to get some motion sickness, but we did fine. There are still jelly fish everywhere so we did not go snorkeling as planned on that excursion. The bathrooms on board were nice, and the dining area for the lunch was well ventilated (it was under deck, but lots of fans). We paid a day rate ($90) to go to Pueblo Bonito in Mazatlan and used their pool and beach. Great time, well worth the money. It is nice resort. My son did venture out to the water, very shallow, and got stung twice by jelly fish. Hopefully they will be gone by the time you get there. And then we did Cabo on our own. You will have a great time, and I will give more details in a report once I get unpacked! Lisa

Thanks for the info! I am so glad to hear you had a great time. That is too bad about the jelly fish. They seem to be a real nuisance. I am pretty much planning to keep my kids out of the ocean. We'll probably stick to the pools at the hotels and sand toys on the beach. I'll look forward to reading your full report on the Cruise Reports thread.

Mary :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter